What's new

WS-10H powered J-15 spotted on CV-16 the Liaoning

Same engines as used on this J-11B belonging to PLAN Aviation:

123548rd8mluzp7bk0k9l7.jpg.thumb.jpg

looks like al-31 to me. ws-10 has larger diameter, shorter and the nozzle is not dark. the pic post by cirr
above is ws-10.

looks like al-31 to me. ws-10 has larger diameter, shorter and the nozzle is not dark. the pic post by cirr
above is ws-10.

It is the WS-10 engine with the black nozzle.

Actually, many WS-10 engines have the black nozzle if you have seen more pics of these engines on many different aircrafts.

And the nozzle diameter can both shrink and enlarge, it won't look always the same.

I didn't think producing it is the problem, I thought it was MASS production that is the problem. That and quality issues here and there witch also contributes to the mass production problem.

So, how is our capability to build thousands of these 4th, 4.5 gen fighters, and potentially J-20, J-31.

It is the WS-10 engine with the black nozzle.

Actually, many WS-10 engines have the black nozzle if you have seen more pics of these engines on many different aircrafts.

And the nozzle diameter can both shrink and enlarge, it won't look always the same.

overall diameter size of wa-10 is bigger than al-31, not just nozzle. sorry, that engine on the carrier in the video does not fit any characteristic of ws-10 engine in length of nozzle, color, and diameter.

AL-31
O6Yo4kp.jpg

su27a.jpg

rlgMAry.jpg

WS-10
8TAVirn.jpg

pwgyK8G.jpg

LQEUJ3D.jpg

SZr1hW5.jpg

USaONl6.jpg

t2oJZOS.jpg

its, al-31.

i wonder if the ws-10/h is still not fully satisfactory for continued naval use

It's still AL-31

This J-15 No. 554 was with WS-10H before, there's plenty of pics of it.
But lately it's engines have been replaced by AL-31.
Still need time to see WS-10H operational on CV-16

It's J-15 "554" with AL-31F
NjWzM.jpg

xrQfF.jpg

for comparision this J-15 "554" with WS-10
6lTxqIv.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
It's still AL-31

This J-15 No. 554 was with WS-10H before, there's plenty of pics of it.
But lately it's engines have been replaced by AL-31.
Still need time to see WS-10H operational on CV-16

What is the problem with the WS-10?

Is it currently unreliable?

What is the problem with the WS-10?

Is it currently unreliable?

No problem with WS-10. It's still kind of risky for J-15 to landing on the CV-16. So the mature AL-31 for 554 in its first landing is acceptable.
Operational WS-10H on CV-16 would not be far away given the fact that J-15B dual-seat fighter/trainer uses WS-10H in its maiden flight.

BTW, the change of engines in 554 clearly shows that it's quite easy to replace AL-31 with WS-10H when it's ready.

engine takes years to mature, especially when you are new at it

Back
Top Bottom