What's new

Would it be possible

MuslimRao

New Recruit

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
In wartime could CPEC have created the infrastructure to transport a modern sub from china to Pakistan's coast through the mainland? Can China get one to us any other way without India knowing. Would be better to have it and not tell them.

In wartime could CPEC have created the infrastructure to transport a modern sub from china to Pakistan's coast through the mainland? Can China get one to us any other way without India knowing. Would be better to have it and not tell them.
Sorry, what? Why we have to transport a whole submarine by road? Dear, its a sub not a tank or a artillery piece that can be put on a truck and then transported through road. Kindly go through naval section of PDF to get an idea of submarine, its functions, its deployment techniques and its role in naval warfare. Thanks

Secondly, induction of a single Submarine in any naval force of the world took months if not years.

If you mean submarine then no, not even on a train that would be possible.

Mini sub may be but never a full naval submarine. They are too big and too heavy. Not built for land transport.

How about an airlift:

upload_2019-3-3_10-57-9.png

Hypothetically, how many Mi-17 helos could airlift a full-size submarine?

Can be transported through sea.

In wartime could CPEC have created the infrastructure to transport a modern sub from china to Pakistan's coast through the mainland?
Dude our upcoming S20 subs weight somewhere around 2600-3000 Tons. :/

lol

:smokin::big_boss: I like the thinking but no , it is close to impossible

I know it's crazy but we have to think outside of the box. Unconventional ways of moving equipment creates surprises.

I know it's nearly impossible guys. I'm just discussing a hypothetical at time of war that would give us a huge surprise advantage over our enemy. Imagine the shock to an Indian carrier group to see a modern Chinese submarine spotted off our coast that they had no idea we possessed and can't explain how it got to us. If they were moving naval assets towards us and we just surface a deadly new sub off our coast, it would stop them cold. Again, I know it's nearly impossible but that's what the romans thought when Hannibal brought Elephants through frozen mountains. We have to leave no stone unturned to maintain sovereignty and the element of surprise. I do like the idea of an airlift as well. I just don't see how we could get them by sea if they are not from Turkey. India wouldn't let one get delivered from China during time of war.

Maybe a high tech midget sub could be jointly developed with Iran or turkey and China to produce a swarm to defend our waters.

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom