What's new

Why not Iranian Tomcats

Guys do not look at your back , do not look at the Turkish Used F16's( Good option tough) Do whatever is yours , Make JF17 a success , such a success that other forces try to reverse engineer it!!

Looking forward and remembering your past is the key to success , JF17 is our baby we need to make it a potent fighter , except looking for a old crap.
Regards:

I agree with you. Instead of try to get a fighter that is old and used we should just develop the jf-17 so its even better than the f-16s at least blocks A and B.

Long long time ago ...when I was 5-6

My father game me a gift ... a small F14...

I went to second floor in our home , and then up the stairs and then launched that F14 plane ... all the way down to the concrete ....

Pani Ki tanki .... :cheesy:

And ... I am sure that any pilot that will fly these machines will suffer the same fate as my F14 that I had...... shattered to pieces....

I mean its common sense ... if you have a bird that can't see the other plan and can't engage enemy air craft or missiles its a sitting duck in air ...:hang2:

I mean its common sense ... if you have a bird that can't see the other plan and can't engage enemy air craft or missiles its a sitting duck in air ...:hang2:
The F-14 Tomcat is a supersonic, twin-engine, variable sweep wing, two-place strike fighter manufactured by Grumman Aircraft Corporation. The multiple tasks of navigation, target acquisition, electronic counter measures (ECM), and weapons employment are divided between the pilot and the radar intercept officer (RIO). Primary missions include precision strike against ground targets, air superiority, and fleet air defense.

Features: As a Strike Fighter, the Tomcat is capable of deploying an assortment of air-to-ground ordnance (MK-80 series GP bombs, LGBs and JDAM) in various configurations, while simultaneously carrying the AIM-7, AIM-9 and AIM-54 air-to-air missiles. The F-14 also has the LANTIRN targeting system that allows delivery of various laser-guided bombs for precision strikes in air-to-ground combat missions and for battle damage assessment. With its Fast Tactical Imagery (FTI) system the F-14 can transmit and receive targeting/reconnaissance imagery in-flight to provide time sensitive strike capability. A number of F-14s also carry the Tactical Air Reconnaissance Pod System (TARPS) providing in-theater tactical reconnaissance.

Background: Current plan is to have Tomcats in service until mid-FY07. Tomcat squadrons have already started to transition to the F/A-18 E/F Super Hornet aircraft, and will continue to transition in a phased approach

First flew in December 21st 1970 , the F-14 armed with the powerful AWG-9 radar and AIM-54 Phoenix ,is one of the most powerful and lethal fighter / interceptor ever to serve in the US Navy .
First served on the USS Enterprise (CVN-65). It saw actions from Libya to Bosnia and proved capable of completing its mission. Each Tomcat cost more than 40 millions dollars and is one of the most costsome plane in the US Navy. Given that whether or not you agree that F-14 is one of the Best fighters in the world . It is certainly one of the most magnificent aircraft to serve in the armed forces .

F-14A

F-14B

VF130 F-14B

F-14D

F-14D

LANTIRN

RF-14A

General Characteristics:
Overall Length: 62 feet 9 inches (18.9 meters)
Wingspan: 64 feet (19 meters) unswept; 38 feet (11.4 meters) swept
Height: 16 feet (4.8 meters)
Weight: 43,600 lb (19,777 kg) (F-14B)
Speed: Mach 2+
Ceiling: 50,000+ feet
Range: 1600 nm
Power Plants:
F-14A: (2) TF30-414A Afterburning Turbofans with over 40,000 lb Total Thrust
F-14B/D: (2) F110-GE400 Afterburning Turbofans with over 54,000 lb Total Thrust
Sensors: Tactical Air Reconnaissance Pod System (TARPS) LANTIRN Targeting System
Armament: Up to 13,000 pounds to include four Joint Direct Attack Munitions (JDAM) [F-14D], AIM-54 Phoenix missile, AIM 7 Sparrow missile, AIM 9 Sidewinder missile , air-to-ground precision strike ordnance, and one M61A1/A2 Vulcan 20mm cannon.
Crew: Two (pilot and radar intercept officer)
Contractor: Northrop Grumman
Date Deployed: First flight: December 1970
9c16a0632a5ae28488cd53d7dea37c67.jpg

Tomcat A
6dfb07de5eb2ce25e7b393eea1a631d1.jpg

Tomcat B
01581c787a6290f386f01e4d4e831ffa.jpg

Tomcat D
d67f7fa17b6e7c8133af569f0644b10a.jpg

Back
Top Bottom