What's new

Why doesn't PAF show any interest in Nanchang Q-9?

Hu Yao

Reaction score
Country
China
As K-8 Karakorum is co-produced by the Pakistan Aeronautical Complex, Using K-8K attacker is a cost effective way to strengthen ground attack capability. Even Calidus B-250 is considered, why you don't interested the K-8 attacker varient?
K8K.jpg

I think going by the size and weight carry capacity of the plane, the best that can achieved would be COIN operations against terrorists or Anti Armour like the A-10s

In my opinion at least K-8K is much faster than those turbo propeller attackers. That gives the plane more survivalbility against MANPADS.

And even more, the radar installed in K-8K can help pilots drop bombs more accurate.

Doesn't seem like the PAF will get fixed-wing COIN planes. For remnant COIN, it seems that the JF-17 with ASELPOD, armed UAVs and attack helicopters will take on the task.

Only until AZM drones are available in numbers. The future is definitely drones with higher payloads and loiter times.

As K-8 Karakorum is co-produced by the Pakistan Aeronautical Complex, Using K-8K attacker is a cost effective way to strengthen ground attack capability. Even Calidus B-250 is considered, why you don't interested the K-8 attacker varient?
View attachment 455748

You know this Q-9 is only some sort of fan-made what-if art??

You know this Q-9 is only some sort of fan-made what-if art??
I think there maybe an armed version of K8 which has been sold to some countries. However for PAF with far more urgent needs it remains low on its priorities list.
A

Back
Top Bottom