What's new

Why do foreign naval ships dock at Karachi

ThunderCat

Reaction score
I saw a number of pictures and once as a kid, foreign navel ships docked at Karachi and their crews even boarding after long stays. What is the purpose of this?

They cant live on the sea for long term.
Cant have the same diet for a long term.
They need to relax to take out the fatigue.
They cant operate without fuel.

Karachi is at a strategic position and is an important transit hub...same reason why PIA able to capture so much middle eastern market until Bhutoo ruined it..and Ex-PIA service men founded and ran Emirates, Saudia, Ettihad, etc.

I saw a number of pictures and once as a kid, foreign navel ships docked at Karachi and their crews even boarding after long stays. What is the purpose of this?

The crews rest and they need to resupply. Then there are visits to boost ties between countries and other reasons. Its good and allows the Navy to familiarize with foreign navies and sometimes they will show their equipment to and give tours of their ships to Naval officers.
Sri Lanka gets a lot ships specially Japanese and Chinese that patrol the area in Somalia. An Italian ship is coming to colombo and its said that its going to visit Pakistan as well
http://www.dailymirror.lk/article/Italian-anti-submarine-warship-to-visit-SL-121909.html

Good will visits are mostly aimed at improving ties with the country.
For example PNS Shashmeer came to SL in December 2015 and there was a reception on board with high ranking officials
PkHC12042015_1.jpg
PkHC12042015_2.jpg

Port visits can serve as indicators of cooperation, mutual interest and strategic priorities, as they demonstrate where states are operating and where they would like to build prestige. The visits then indicate four things—operational zones of strategic importance, desired areas to gain maritime information, zones of cooperation and zones of influence.

French Beach was used by the U.S. Navy for R&R for United States Sailors in the past

Karachi is at a strategic position and is an important transit hub...same reason why PIA able to capture so much middle eastern market until Bhutoo ruined it..and Ex-PIA service men founded and ran Emirates, Saudia, Ettihad, etc.
Bhutto ruined it man seems like u have destortion of history bhutto was one who brought life to pia hotels new planes etc and not. To forget me market correct ur history zia's supporters

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom