What's new

Who Will be Next Pakistani Naval Chief ?

Logically, the senior most offcier after the CNS shoul be promoted unless there are misconduct or other issues.

I am not particularly concerned about Punjabi or a Sindhi -- the institution, after 37 years of service aligns you into a Naval Professional and a Pakistani first.

i think ZARDARI will do an amendment and make himself the Chief :lol: but on a serious note i think it will be a political appointment just like noman bashir was.

The list of seniority is as follows:

1) Vice Admiral Asif Sandeela - Chief of Staff
2) Vice Admiral Tanveer Faiz - Deputy Chief of Naval Staff (Projects)
3) Vice Admiral Abbas Raza - Commander Pakistan Fleet
4) Vice Admiral Tayyab Ali Dogar - Commander Coastal Areas

Admiral Sandeela deserves to be Chief by method of seniority. Admiral Abbas Raza is a very upright, honest and dedicated man. Although people blame him for Mehran incident, it may be noted that Mehran is the home base for Aviators, Admiral Abbas being a surface officer. He also played an important role in using Pakistan Navy's resources for rescue of M/V Suez crew after their release from pirates at Somalia for which he was publicly applauded by Governor Sindh Dr. Ishrat ul Ebad. Admiral Tanveer Faiz is also a very competent and disciplinary officer thoroughly well-versed with Naval methods. Lastly, the COMCOAST Admiral Tayyab Ali Dogar is notable for his immense involvement in relief and rehabilitation of flood affectees last year and this year as well. For that, he was given SI(M) by President Asif Zardari earlier this year.

Having said all this, Admiral Abbas Raza remains favorite of Defence Ministry for the said post, despite whatever happened at Mehran.

Navy at the moment needs a Chief who is thoroughly competent professionally, in order to quickly materialize different deals that are taking place for enhancement of the fleet. During the last 3 years, no new project could be orchestrated except induction of a UAV squadron. The rest, namely Z9 ECs, P3Cs, F-22 P frigates etc were already in pipeline and waiting induction. Navy needs to speed up this process and quickly induct new submarines, better ships, helicopters and a maritime base fighter squadron. Indian Navy is rapidly expanding and PN needs to step up to maintain its notoriety in the region.

Vice Admiral Abbas Raza should be promoted as he has been commanding the fleet....and knows the commanding officers well enough. I don't see how you can pin the Mehran attack on him.....

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom