What's new

Where Did It All Go Wrong For Tata’s Nano?

This isn't a part of national pride In fact this is being rejected by Indians themselves cause of poor quality but for argument sake even one was to go by your logic sales shows Indians in mass has rejected this car including the villagers they rather bike or walk then to buy this car and most defending the car here don't own one.

10,000 cars a month isn't exactly "being rejected" number is it? Your article is outdated, from 2010. They have fixed the niggles with the car, and its doing well now.

I feel their marketing strategy was wrong.They never really explained why a person/family should go for the nano instead of going for the Maruti 800 or the alto.They never came out with statistics comparing the nano to other platforms in the same category.Any person who can afford the nano can add a bit more and buy the 800 which is a proven platform.Secondly I don't think the company made any serious effort to dispel the rumors going around that the car is unsafe.I feel that the nano is great for beginners and college students like me but i want to be 1005 sure that the car is safe or else i can easily move on the the alto or the Hyundai i10.

In Sri Lanka, Nano Taxi Service doing very well..........

tata-nano-taxi.jpg

it is not used as taxi here but if it is used as taxi then it means that it has good quality...cause no taxi company will keep a car that has low quality or more maintenance

This isn't a part of national pride In fact this is being rejected by Indians themselves cause of poor quality but for argument sake even one was to go by your logic sales shows Indians in mass has rejected this car including the villagers they rather bike or walk then to buy this car and most defending the car here don't own one.

There is no confirmation that the quality is poor.According to TATA the car has passed all EU safety tests.The car is revolutionary in many aspects and it would be unwise to expect that everything will be fine from the very beginning.I hope TATA has sorted out the issues if any.

I feel their marketing strategy was wrong.They never really explained why a person/family should go for the nano instead of going for the Maruti 800 or the alto.They never came out with statistics comparing the nano to other platforms in the same category.Any person who can afford the nano can add a bit more and buy the 800 which is a proven platform.Secondly I don't think the company made any serious effort to dispel the rumors going around that the car is unsafe.I feel that the nano is great for beginners and college students like me but i want to be 1005 sure that the car is safe or else i can easily move on the the alto or the Hyundai i10.
Maruti 800, the evolution of 80s suzuki SS80 is dead in most of India from 2009 iirc due to BS-IV emission norms. only in very rural regions maruti 800 are still sold.
Those who own Tata Personal Vehicles will tell You- the Cars they make are good. but, it is the After Sales Service that Tata has to improve on. also, the taxi car image is something people don't really want(all because of a car called Indica).

^^ Thats gonna be a long wait bro. In India M & M had to resort to lottery for the 2nd phase booking and this SUV costs 12 lakh rupees..shows how much money people has now.

Mahindra mulling Sri Lanka expansion

A range of Mahindra two wheelers including scooters would be launched in Sri Lanka end of this year, Mahindra and Mahindra Automotive and Farm Equipment Sector President, Dr. Pawan Goenka said. In addition they are also looking at introducing heavy duty trucks next year. The new Mahindra passenger van too is to be introduced this year to Sri Lanka. Sri Lanka is the best performing market for Mahindra and Mahindra automobile sales from among 13 countries he said speaking to Daily News Business.

He said that with the Sri Lankan economy surging ahead sales too have increased by over 50 percent. The 2009 total sales which were around 40,000 shot to 80,000 last year and to date over 120,000 vehicles were sold.

“If Sri Lanka maintains around 1, 500 vehicle sales per month Mahindra would seriously look at setting up an assembly plant in Sri Lanka,” he said. They may also look at exports from Sri Lanka to SAARC countries.

Currently the average sales are around 1,000 units per month and the local sales agent, Ideal Motors is confident they can meet the expected 1,500 target easily.

He also disclosed that they are planning to introduce two wheelers which include scooters to Sri Lanka by the end of the year.

Mahindra, International Operations Vice President, Pradeep Kumar said that their mini truck Maxxi sales are increasing and they expect it to be the market leader by the end of the year.

Commenting on the new next generation Mahindra Genio pick up commercial vehicle which was launched last week in Mumbai he said that the 1.2 tonne pick-up, has been developed to cater to the small and medium businesses transportation needs and is expected to change the face of the pick-up industry in India.

Equipped with international looks, style, design, technology and offering the ultimate in comfort the Genio would be available in Sri Lanka soon.

“In keeping with our endeavour of offering first of its kind world class products, we have launched the Genio. It is also a result of extensive consumer insight which captured the latent and expressed needs of the customer. The Genio is an ideal vehicle for businessmen, traders and SMEs. I am confident that it would be nothing less than a game changer for the pickup segment in times to come,” Dr. Goenka said.

Sri Lanka Business News | Online edition of Daily News - Lakehouse Newspapers

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom