What's new

What spot-fixing?: Charges against me are wrong, claims Muhammad Asif

Bond

Reaction score
LAHORE: Pakistani cricketer Muhammad Asif on Monday accused the International Cricket Council (ICC) of a “biased attitude” in the spot-fixing case that led to his imprisonment.
The 29-year-old was jailed by a London court in November 2011 after being found guilty of conspiring to cheat and conspiring to accept corrupt payments over no-balls bowled deliberately during the 2010 Lord’s Test against England.
Speaking to media in Lahore on his return from UK, Asif alleged that the ICC had tried to influence the court proceedings.
“The charges against me are wrong, I would never do anything that would undermine my country,” he told the media.
Responding to a question regarding the charges levelled against him and his conviction, Asif said “having being jailed doesn’t mean one is guilty; many are jailed despite their innocence.”
He said his case will be heard by the Court of Arbitration for Sports in the beginning of February 2013 and that he expects justice.
The disgraced cricketer mentioned his upcoming book in which he said he has explained his case in detail.
Asif also criticised the media several times for not highlighting his case properly.
Accusing ICC for acting differently in his case because of his nationality, Asif said the council did not act against English county player Mervyn Westfield until the court convicted him.
“In my case, the ICC imposed a ban on me well before the court had issued any statement,” he stressed.

What spot-fixing?: Charges against me are wrong, claims Muhammad Asif – The Express Tribune

is this guys seriously dumb or he thinks people are fool.. accusing ICC after verdict is out on this case? ..If I remember he did apologize to Pakistani nation after the case? and now this?:cheesy:

Hi,

There is nothing wrong with Asif---he has every right to challenge and appeal the decision. Spot fixing---if he did it---is not match fixing---an infraction offence is not a felony offence---not coming to a complete stop on a stop sign is not the same as killing someone with your vehicle---even though it may lead to---.

There was no money traced to Asif---the charges were flimsy---. I swear if I have the funds---I will fight for these guys and file a law suit against the icc and british criminal system----.

First of all---the punishment must fit the crime---prior convictions and punishments to cricketers of other nations must be taken into account in making the determination of the guilty verdict on our players.

If the players of other nations got away with a slap on the wrist for a felony offence and our players got punished for a infraction---that must not be acceptable to the nation.

I keep saying---my brethren--the pakistanis---are a very clever people---but not very intelligent---they could not visualize who benefitted from the punishements of these players or this player---.

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom