What's new

What is your opinion on the Jordanian 8x8 Al-mared?

Philip the Arab

Reaction score
Country
Jordan
The Al-Mared is fully developed and designed by KADDB based on an 8x8 TATRA truck chassis fitted with a fully protected all-welded steel hull that can provide ballistic protection up to STANAG 4569 Level 4 frontal, against firing of small arms 14.5x114 mm caliber AP (Armor-Piercing) at 30 meters with 930 m/s and STANAG 4569 level 3 around. The vehicle in the future could be upgraded to STANAG 4569 Level 5 which is 25mm APDS resistant with add-on armor.

The lower part of the Al-Mared integrates v-shaped armoured hull that protects occupants by deflecting mine blasts anywhere under the vehicle. It protects the crew of the vehicle against mine blast of 8 kg of TNT under any wheels.
At SOFEX 2018, KADDB presented two variants of its new Al-Mared, the APC and IFV versions. The Al-Mared IFV is fitted with a Scimitar turret mounted on the roof of the vehicle, armed with a 30mm gun and one 12.7mm heavy machine gun.

The vehicle has a crew of two and can carry eight infantrymen at the rear of the hull. There is four small bullet proof windows and three firing ports on each side of the hull. There is power-operated ramp at the rear of the hull which is used by the infantrymen to leave and enter in the vehicle.

The Al-Mared is powered by a Diesel engine developing 420 hp. coupled to a 6 speed automatic transmission. The powerpack is located at the front right side. The vehicle can run at a maximum road speed of 110 km/h with a maximum cruising range of 600 km.
In the future, 105mm tank destroyers and also ATGM carriers will be available. At least 10 have been built but 50 chassis have been ordered from Tatra. Remember this company is only 19 years old and has done a whole lot in those 20 years from RPG-32, Jadara Terminator ATGM, 4x4s, 6x6, and now 8x8.

My question for you is 1. Do you like it? And 2. is would you say this this could be good for the armed forces of your country?

IFV versions with 30mm Scimitar turret.
Mared-product.jpg

APC version with snakehead cupola that can carry 5.56mm, 7.62mm, and 12.7mm machine guns.
01-18S-1639.jpg

02-18S-1650.jpg

IFV with door opened to allow entrance and exit for troops.
08-18S-1712.jpg

06-18S-1677.jpg

Windows for drivers are a bad idea first of all because they can be destroyed more easily than armor from multiple heavy machine gun rounds and secondly Pakistan has been producing vehicles for 30-40 years or more and the finally make an ok 8x8.

The Pakistani Company Blitzkrieg Defense Solutions unveils a new 8x8 armoured vehicle in the category of MRAP, the HAMZA 8x8 at IDEAS 2016, the International Defense Exhibition in Karachi, Pakistan. This is the first MRAP vehicle in the world based on a 8x8 chassis offering a large internal volume to carried a total of 14 military personnel.
Hah, its an MRAP.

Last edited:
The Al-Mared is fully developed and designed by KADDB based on an 8x8 TATRA truck chassis fitted with a fully protected all-welded steel hull that can provide ballistic protection up to STANAG 4569 Level 4 frontal, against firing of small arms 14.5x114 mm caliber AP (Armor-Piercing) at 30 meters with 930 m/s and STANAG 4569 level 3 around. The vehicle in the future could be upgraded to STANAG 4569 Level 5 which is 25mm APDS resistant with add-on armor.

The lower part of the Al-Mared integrates v-shaped armoured hull that protects occupants by deflecting mine blasts anywhere under the vehicle. It protects the crew of the vehicle against mine blast of 8 kg of TNT under any wheels.
At SOFEX 2018, KADDB presented two variants of its new Al-Mared, the APC and IFV versions. The Al-Mared IFV is fitted with a Scimitar turret mounted on the roof of the vehicle, armed with a 30mm gun and one 12.7mm heavy machine gun.

The vehicle has a crew of two and can carry eight infantrymen at the rear of the hull. There is four small bullet proof windows and three firing ports on each side of the hull. There is power-operated ramp at the rear of the hull which is used by the infantrymen to leave and enter in the vehicle.

The Al-Mared is powered by a Diesel engine developing 420 hp. coupled to a 6 speed automatic transmission. The powerpack is located at the front right side. The vehicle can run at a maximum road speed of 110 km/h with a maximum cruising range of 600 km.
In the future, 105mm tank destroyers and also ATGM carriers will be available. At least 10 have been built but 50 chassis have been ordered from Tatra. Remember this company is only 19 years old and has done a whole lot in those 20 years from RPG-32, Jadara Terminator ATGM, 4x4s, 6x6, and now 8x8.

My question for you is 1. Do you like it? And 2. is would you say this this could be good for the armed forces of your country?

IFV versions with 30mm Scimitar turret.
Mared-product.jpg

APC version with snakehead cupola that can carry 5.56mm, 7.62mm, and 12.7mm machine guns.
01-18S-1639.jpg

02-18S-1650.jpg

IFV with door opened to allow entrance and exit for troops.
08-18S-1712.jpg

06-18S-1677.jpg

Looks great bro, I honestly didn't know Jordan had such a extensive industry, good stuff! How about co-op projects with Egypt, Saudi and of course Pakistan.
By the way long live Jordan home of the the Banu Hashim, Allah protect the king.

Looks great bro, I honestly didn't know Jordan had such a extensive industry, good stuff! How about co-op projects with Egypt, Saudi and of course Pakistan.
By the way long live Jordan home of the the Banu Hashim, Allah protect the king.
Thank you, its my job to inform.
As far as co-op projects with other Arab states go the one I am aware of is with Nimr of the UAE. They produce vehicles there for North African and some European countries. Jordan has developed rapidly, going from small arms and ammunition manufacturing to making RPG-32s, Unmanned ground vehicles, 6x6s, 4x4s, and 8x8s as above.
Now cooperation with Pakistan could be beneficial for both sides as Pakistan will get licensed manufacturing because Jordan has relatively low exports and competition is tough.

iu

The best thing Jordan could export to Pakistan would be the RPG-32 which has 650mm penetration with ERA and 750mm without ERA and is far better than the RPG-7 because Jordan can manufacture 60 thousand units a year and I noticed that Pakistan only bought about 1500 Alcotans while this offers similar penetration with the ability to produce an pretty indefinite amount. Plus, there are 3 other versions besides man-portable which is Tripod mounted and can be operated from up to 300 meters away via wire.
Tripod version-
iu

The second one is mounted on pretty much any vehicle like Humvee, technical, etc.
iu

The third one I know of is mounted on an unmanned ground vehicle which mounts two of these and I thought it could be useful against terrorists, armored vehicles, EOD when unarmed, etc.
p1.jpg

You can find out more about the Jordanian defense industry here- http://www.kaddb.com/en-us/KADDBs-PORTFOLIO/LAND-SYSTEMS

@waz
More info in this video and some products.

It can be destroy any Indian vehicle except the T-90 unless rear or side shot. Useful in Urban warfare for Pakistan.

Back
Top Bottom