What's new

What are the rural central states of the USA like?

313ghazi

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
I watched a video that showed that as many people live along either coast of the USA as they do in the states in the middle.

1689197542308.png

Do any of you guys come from or have lived in the sparsely populated bits? Does anyone come from a town where college football was the peak of organised sport?

Do you get tourists there? Do people appreciate new faces in town?

If money was no object I'd travel the US, every state, and vlog my experience.

Every state has different geography and a different culture/mindset among its inhabitants.

Great place to visit. There used to be a car delivery service I used years ago; you drive a car to deliver it to someone's house, and it can be anywhere. You pay nothing, and they give you a few days to deliver it.

Midwest states are generally good. The weather is crappy - hot summers and cold wet winters. Some of the small towns do not have much in the way of entertainment or culture. You do not have the hurry and stress of big city life

Midwest states are generally good. The weather is crappy - hot summers and cold wet winters. Some of the small towns do not have much in the way of entertainment or culture. You do not have the hurry and stress of big city life

I have visited many small towns and they seem very peaceful and quiet. I did feel that life centered around the local bar/tavern.

I was born in the Mid-West, Kansas. In a city near Wichita (Well, I always say Wichita is my home town tho)

Rural US State are very picturesque, you have farmland, the Rockies (mountain) and desert, town are quite low density and small enough for everyone to know everyone. While it's not like Outback living here in Australia, where you are basically alone in the nature with the next door neighbours are 3 km away, you have a lot of activities along the mainstreet of a town (usually called Main Street)

People are very friendly in the Mid-West, crime are relatively low, and there are usually not much to do after hour beside going to a bar and public transport are virtually nonexistent, so recommend you to rent a car and drive when you visit the rustic state of the Mid-West

I have visited many small towns and they seem very peaceful and quiet. I did feel that life centered around the local bar/tavern.
Or going to memaw’s house (Nani’s house). Many families have a matrilineal child rearing strategy.

Last edited:
I was born in the Mid-West, Kansas. In a city near Wichita (Well, I always say Wichita is my home town tho)

Rural US State are very picturesque, you have farmland, the Rockies (mountain) and desert, town are quite low density and small enough for everyone to know everyone. While it's not like Outback living here in Australia, where you are basically alone in the nature with the next door neighbours are 3 km away, you have a lot of activities along the mainstreet of a town (usually called Main Street)

People are very friendly in the Mid-West, crime are relatively low, and there are usually not much to do after hour beside going to a bar and public transport are virtually nonexistent, so recommend you to rent a car and drive when you visit the rustic state of the Mid-West

a lot of small towns have drug abuse issues because people do not have enough to do.
I notice religious minded Muslim immigrants are happy if they is a mosque to congregate around

public transport is non-existent unless it is an university town

a lot of small towns have drug abuse issues because people do not have enough to do.
I notice religious minded Muslim immigrants are happy if they is a mosque to congregate around

public transport is non-existent unless it is an university town
Think he said it's for visit, not settling down.....

They are friendly until you try to build a mosque to congregate at.

Then the Evangelical loonies descend on small towns like a bunch of rabid rats and whip up anti-Muslim bigotry.

Even when the Imam happens to be a Caucasian former evangelical preacher.

For most Muslim immigrants or visitors, either coast is a far better choice being far more cosmopolitan.

They are friendly until you try to build a mosque to congregate at.

Then the Evangelical loonies descend on small towns like a bunch of rabid rats and whip up anti-Muslim bigotry.

Even when the Imam happens to be a Caucasian former evangelical preacher.

For most Muslim immigrants or visitors, either coast is a far better choice being far more cosmopolitan.
Again, the OP said he wanted to travel, not to settle in the US. I would have a different response. Or do you think he went there to visit and then build a Mosque??

On the other hand, what do you think Arab or Muslim nation would do if Christian tried to build a church there?? Religion goes with the masses, you don't build a church if there are only 10 worshippers in town, you just practice your religion at home, that is the same about Muslim as much as other religion.

On a side note do not know why I would visit one unless I was out to see someone or passing by or living nearby
I never have the need to visit one, once in Iraq I was ordered to protect one tho....

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom