What's new

‘We want more skilled workers from Bangladesh’ Says Saudi ambassador at meeting with Baira members

Black_cats

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Published on 12:00 AM, June 19, 2021
‘We want more skilled workers from Bangladesh’
Says Saudi ambassador at meeting with Baira members

Staff Correspondent

Saudi Arabia has urged Bangladesh to send more skilled migrant workers to the Kingdom, as there are "ample job opportunities" for foreign workers in its various sectors.

Saudi Ambassador to Bangladesh Essa Yousef Essa Alduhailan said this in a meeting at his office in Dhaka with a three-member delegate of the immediate-past executive committee of Bangladesh Association of International Recruiting Agencies (Baira) on Thursday.

The ambassador also emphasised on importance of Bangladesh to the Kingdom, especially in the labour recruitment sector.

The ambassador paid special attention on labour recruitment from Bangladesh since it is an important area for both countries, said Shameem Ahmed Chowdhury Noman, former secretary general of Baira, who attended the meeting.

The issue of enlisting Bangladeshi recruiting agencies to send workers was also discussed, he said. Baira's immediate-past president Benjir Ahmed and vice president Mohammad Abdul Hye attended the meeting.

Notice he said "skilled".

Meaning electricians, plumbers, fitters, welders, crane operators, various tradesmen.

Are we ensuring these people get trained properly at home about these trade skills?

I don't know the labor rates for these skills in Saudi and whether it is better/worse compared to GCC countries and Malaysia.

I don't know what the labor rates for plumbers and electricians are from Pakistan or Indonesia either.

Maybe some Pakistani brothers or sisters can comment. Brother @Indos do tradesmen from Indonesia still go to Saudi and if so what are the pay rates?

Notice he said "skilled".

Meaning electricians, plumbers, fitters, welders, crane operators, various tradesmen.

Are we ensuring these people get trained properly at home about these trade skills?

I don't know the labor rates for these skills in Saudi and whether it is better/worse compared to GCC countries and Malaysia.

I don't know what the labor rates for plumbers and electricians are from Pakistan or Indonesia either.

Maybe some Pakistani brothers or sisters can comment. Brother @Indos do tradesmen from Indonesia still go to Saudi and if so what are the pay rates?

Tradesmen in English means Traders right ??

Published on 12:00 AM, June 19, 2021
‘We want more skilled workers from Bangladesh’
Says Saudi ambassador at meeting with Baira members

Staff Correspondent

Saudi Arabia has urged Bangladesh to send more skilled migrant workers to the Kingdom, as there are "ample job opportunities" for foreign workers in its various sectors.

Saudi Ambassador to Bangladesh Essa Yousef Essa Alduhailan said this in a meeting at his office in Dhaka with a three-member delegate of the immediate-past executive committee of Bangladesh Association of International Recruiting Agencies (Baira) on Thursday.

The ambassador also emphasised on importance of Bangladesh to the Kingdom, especially in the labour recruitment sector.

The ambassador paid special attention on labour recruitment from Bangladesh since it is an important area for both countries, said Shameem Ahmed Chowdhury Noman, former secretary general of Baira, who attended the meeting.

The issue of enlisting Bangladeshi recruiting agencies to send workers was also discussed, he said. Baira's immediate-past president Benjir Ahmed and vice president Mohammad Abdul Hye attended the meeting.

very nice. BD has focused on many basic thing. Result they have got is highly encouraging. Cheers for BD.

Tradesmen in English means Traders right ??

No brother, Tradesman means some one having expert skills in say carpentry, electrical work (lighting or switchboard), plumbing (water/gas lines), welding etc. These people have to be very good at operating specific tools used in their industry. Carpenters have to know how to saw wood and nail them together, electricians have to follow National electrical code (NEC in USA) in establishing wiring in new and older houses, install fans, lights etc. Electrical and Gas plumbing safety are critical.

Most plumbers and electricians have to be licensed in the US by passing written exams every year.

Trader is someone who simply does business by buying and selling in retail quantities.

OK so it is clear what do you mean of that, since I am not familiar with that words ( I am not a native English speakers like you)

Electrician in Indonesia as long as what I can see have good life, but of course you cannot be rich to do that kind of profession, but at least you are likely to have your own house despite small

For Plumbers I dont know since it is quite rare for household to use their expertise, unlike electrician where problem around electricity is more often to happen

But of course they can live much well in the West than in here since the competition is more tight and these kind of people usually comes from villages where they are already satisfied with some money given by people in the city

I dont know about the salary in Saudi, but what I know is that Indonesian driver get around 346 USD per month working as driver in Saudi, double that what they get if they work in Indonesia for similar profession ( for private, if for company then they should get minimum payment which has higher rate than if they work for person/family), but if the driver become Gojek car driver I believe they can get similar or more than that, it is because many Gojek driver in Indonesia bough car using credit line and pay the payment plus interest every month which is not small, they can do this while living with their non working wife and 2 children ( my relative story )

Labor rate

Labor rates in Malaysia is not that much (300 USD), relative similar with Indonesia minimum salary for some provinces. Industry region in West Java for example has minimum salary which is higher than in Malaysia. This is where our automotive industry located.

Last edited:
OK so it is clear what do you mean of that, since I am not familiar with that words ( I am not a native English speakers like you)

Electrician in Indonesia as long as what I can see have good life, but of course you cannot be rich to do that kind of profession, but at least you are likely to have your own house despite small

For Plumbers I dont know since it is quite rare for household to use their expertise, unlike electrician where problem around electricity is more often to happen

But of course they can live much well in the West than in here since the competition is more tight and these kind of people usually comes from villages where they are already satisfied with some money given by people in the city

I dont know about the salary in Saudi, but what I know is that Indonesian driver get around 346 USD per month working as driver in Saudi, double that what they get if they work in Indonesia for similar profession ( for private, if for company then they should get minimum payment which has higher rate than if they work for person/family), but if the driver become Gojek car driver I believe they can get similar or more than that, it is because many Gojek driver in Indonesia bough car using credit line and pay the payment plus interest every month which is not small, they can do this while living with their non working wife and 2 children ( my relative story )

Labor rate

Labor rates in Malaysia is not that much (300 USD), relative similar with Indonesia minimum salary for some provinces. Industry region in West Java for example has minimum salary which is higher than in Malaysia. This is where our automotive industry located.
Are private drivers a thing in Indonesia? Do most average car owners employ drivers?? Or do they mostly drive themselves around?

Are private drivers a thing in Indonesia? Do most average car owners employ drivers?? Or do they mostly drive themselves around?

I think majority drives their own cars but many employ private drivers as well, mostly women who use private drivers and it is usually after they get their own families, after they have kids

He means he wants some skilled troops to do their shit in yemen.

I think majority drives their own cars but many employ private drivers as well, mostly women who use private drivers and it is usually after they get their own families, after they have kids
What is the average monthly salary of a private driver?

What is the average monthly salary of a private driver?

152 USD (Rp 2.200.000) per month for monday to Friday, that is I believe the minimum salary for private driver, if we use them for Saturday and Sunday so we should give them some money as well since it is not their working time

Others can be more generous if the boss are rich guys

In Jakarta actually for companies, we should give our worker at least 306 USD as their minimum salary per month. So people working in minimarket can get double the salary taken by private driver, and that kind of job actually dont need expertise, high school graduates is enough

152 USD (Rp 2.200.000) per month for monday to Friday, that is I believe the minimum salary for private driver, if we use them for Saturday and Sunday so we should give them some money as well since it is not their working time

Others can be more generous if the boss are rich guys

In Jakarta actually for companies, we should give our worker at least 306 USD as their minimum salary per month. So people working in minimarket can get double the salary taken by private driver, and that kind of job actually dont need expertise, high school graduates is enough
In Metropolitan areas here private drivers make around 180+ USD as minimum...in suburbs they make around 117...private companies pay a bit more than that but they usually do not employ drivers without a couple of years of experience..also most people use private drivers here...although the trend is shifting towards self drivers.

Labor rate

Thank You brother for your detailed reply. I am sure this will help a lot in this discussion.
In Metropolitan areas here private drivers make around 180+ USD as minimum...in suburbs they make around 117...private companies pay a bit more than that but they usually do not employ drivers without a couple of years of experience..also most people use private drivers here...although the trend is shifting towards self drivers.

Thank You Anubis Bhai. I am surprised that Indonesia and Bangladesh salaries are roughly similar for private drivers. Bangladesh ones a little lower maybe. I thought purchasing power in Bangladesh was going to be a little higher and as a result, salaries would be a lot lower than Indonesia.

But the discussion maybe should probably center around people with specific trade skills like electricians/plumbing.

Although some would argue - that driving is also a skill, especially if one knows how to operate heavy construction machinery, and especially, cranes and excavators.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom