What's new

Want to get involved in designing the Project Azm FGFA?

Pakistan Space Agency

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
AvRID is advertising for Design Officer post for Pakistani nationals only.

https://filectory.com/dg-avrid-secretariat-pac-board-kamra-jobs-2019/

DG-AvRID-Secretariat-PAC-Board-Kamra-Jobs-2019.jpg

Sir, as long as it is beneficial and adding much need force to the topic in hand be it directly or indirectly; I see it productive yet attractive shot. You have in-fact triggered the much needed direction as compare to one liners or shooting blanks.

• However, my humble opinion is that if any discussion which is not related to AZM but more of Pakistan Turkey cooperation, may be redirected to other thread. As long as discussion in hand is emphasizing on AZM; I think it may continue here without derailing by all of us.

• Secondly, the talent hunt points, our outreach & any support to bring talent home; deserves a separate thread as you highlighted. I would really want you to start one... that is actually too interesting and will attract only serious members for the whole set of discussion while in the meantime, AZM related stuff be kept here.

Your call Sir.

https://defence.pk/pdf/threads/want-to-get-involved-in-designing-the-project-azm-fgfa.615602/

In my opinion, we can do it in two parts as said above.

AZM related discussion and,
Talent Hunt for Pakistan in related fields as the link says...

https://defence.pk/pdf/threads/want-to-get-involved-in-designing-the-project-azm-fgfa.615602/

We had this for long here but none paid much attention. So in my opinion, the thread exist and all we need to move few of the posts or Irfan Sir may take initiative.
Brother, the talent hunt thread lacks one very important thing. A SURVEY

You can initiate a survey, all overseas Pakistanis who fall in below Category should participate

- Those who studied abroad and got settled there

- Those who studied abroad but came back to Pakistan

- Those who studied locally but settled abroad

The main Objective of the survey is collect the issues and the problems people face from the local industry and their preferences for shifting out elsewhere, be it any field, Medicine, Engineering, Research, Management. What are the unpleasant factors of the local industry and how do you compare them with what you are getting in terms of Finance, self satisfaction and living standards elsewhere.

i think this is normal hiring which every airforce and weapon manufacturing organisation does and there is no evidence that this is specific to 5 gen program

Brother, the talent hunt thread lacks one very important thing. A SURVEY

You can initiate a survey, all overseas Pakistanis who fall in below Category should participate

- Those who studied abroad and got settled there

- Those who studied abroad but came back to Pakistan

- Those who studied locally but settled abroad

The main Objective of the survey is collect the issues and the problems people face from the local industry and their preferences for shifting out elsewhere, be it any field, Medicine, Engineering, Research, Management. What are the unpleasant factors of the local industry and how do you compare them with what you are getting in terms of Finance, self satisfaction and living standards elsewhere.

I think we can start to utilize existing benchmark as such so the comments & any suggestions will make their way here.

i think this is normal hiring which every airforce and weapon manufacturing organisation does and there is no evidence that this is specific to 5 gen program
AvRID is a very important department, dedicated to designing and studying aircraft and other major systems. No doubt that AvRID is hunting for talent for AZM, this is the best time, clock is ticking, the current skilled and qualified workforce from JF-17, have all the skills and abilities “Fresh & Hardcoded”, Utilize them now before its too late and that they get out of practice (referencing the loss of Agosta ToT gains in 2 decades, all for nothing)

i think weak economy is major hurdle in manufacturing of 5gen jets and this program is very expensive,we can only succeed in this project by making partnership with other nations who also share budget and expenses for this project just like u.s did for their f35
AvRID is a very important department, dedicated to designing and studying aircraft and other major systems. No doubt that AvRID is hunting for talent for AZM, this is the best time, clock is ticking, the current skilled and qualified workforce from JF-17, have all the skills and abilities “Fresh & Hardcoded”, Utilize them now before its too late and that they get out of practice (referencing the loss of Agosta ToT gains in 2 decades, all for nothing)

Air University, Aerospace & Aviation Campus Kamra ( AU) is offering four under-graduating programs - BS (Cyber Security), BS(CS), BS(Aviation Management) and BS(Business Administration). Deadline for submission of application for admission in Spring 2020 session was due till 10-1-2020.

Within Director General Aviation Research, Indigenization & Development (DG AvRID) Secretariat Engineering Management & Support (EMS) group is organized and its activities executed by following offices:

(a) Academia Industry Collaboration Office (AICO).
(b) Systems Engineering Processes Office (SEPO).
(c) Capability Development Office (CDO).
(d) Quality Assurance and Certification Office (QACO).
(e) Program Plans Office (PPO).
(f) Program Execution Office (PEO).

AvRID will carry out its tasks through the following elements that report directly to DG AvRID:

(1) Project AZM.
(2) Aviation Design Institute (AvDI).
(3) Mission Electronics Design Institute (MEDI).
(4) Aero Structures Design Institute (ASDI).
(5) Advanced Technologies Centre (ATC).
(6) Flight Test Centre (FTC).
Source: https://www.pac.org.pk/avrid

It appears that DG AvRID Secretariat is now started to strengthen the manpower in their offices and institutes.
So initial designing phase of fifth generation fighter aircraft is probably in final stage.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom