What's new

[Video -- must watch] The girl who secretly filmed the Taliban

pakistani342

Reaction score
Country
United States
Article here, excerpts below:

Mobile phone footage of a Taliban encounter on one of Afghanistan's safest highways has given a rare glimpse of the risks travellers face in the country.

A young student was travelling from her home in Mazar-e Sharif back to university in Kabul when her coach was stopped at an insurgent road block.

Hiding her phone from view, she filmed the brief conversation between a Taliban gunman and other passengers, later posting it on social media.

The student, Miss Sadat (not her full name), started the eight-hour trip to Kabul at dawn, despite warnings that the road might be dangerous following the recent fighting in the northern city of Kunduz.

The route from Balkh province to the capital leads through open plains as well as mountain areas, including the famous Salang pass. It is deemed one of the safest in the country, unlike roads in the south and east.

When Taliban were in control of Kohat tunnel back in 2008, they were checking vehicles like this.......and chatted with us passengers in a friendly manner similar to this unlike the serious-faced rude faujis who check you on tunnel. Its not that it is their attempt to show their good side, in mannerism and speech, they are usually sweet and friendly like this, very similiar to how madrassa folk and tablighi folk talks......but they are very ruthless and merciless in actions. This girl was stupid and shouldnt repeat this stupidity.

When Taliban were in control of Kohat tunnel back in 2008, they were checking vehicles like this.......and chatted with us in a friendly manner similar to this unlike the serious-faced rude faujis who check you on tunnel. Its not that it is their attempt to show their good side, in mannerism and speech, they are usually sweet and friendly like this, very similiar to how madrassa folk and tablighi folk talks......but they are very ruthless and merciless in actions. This girl was stupid and shouldnt repeat this stupidity.

Very interesting commentary

I wonder what makes them so ruthless and merciless in their actions -- perhaps the convictions that their actions are sanctioned by G-d and that they're actually performing a "Hasana" by slaughtering people(?)

I wonder what makes them so ruthless and merciless in their actions -- perhaps the convictions that their actions are sanctioned by G-d and that they're actually performing a "Hasana" by slaughtering people(?)
You are right. Their blind faith drives them to ruthlessness, they actually dont think that some of their very wrong and unislamic actions, are actually wrongs. For example you must have noticed how they justified attack on malala by giving example of hazrat khizr and Musa story.

You are right. Their blind faith drives them to ruthlessness, they actually dont think that some of their very wrong and unislamic actions, are actually wrongs. For example you must have noticed how they justified attack on malala by giving example of hazrat khizr and Musa story.

Actually I didn't know that -- I've forgotten the Musa Khizir story [Pakistani education fades I guess], will look it up though.

I wonder how they put up with the human screams, the wailing of common people.

Actually I didn't know that -- I've forgotten the Musa Khizir story [Pakistani education fades I guess], will look it up though.

I wonder how they put up with the human screams, the wailing of common people.
Its not part of Pakistani education curriculum or any thing like that, the full story is here, notice the part where Khizr kills a young boy and explains his reason later.

I just realized that the TTP took control of an important strategic asset like the Kohat tunnel -- this is the state of Pakistan. What if the Taliban had blown it up?? I guess Pakistani Jurnails are as asleep as their Afghan counterparts.

I just realized that the TTP took control of an important strategic asset like the Kohat tunnel -- this is the state of Pakistan. What if the Taliban had blown it up?? I guess Pakistani Jurnails are as asleep as their Afghan counterparts.
Actually the situation was so bad that Pakistani soldiers were unable to take tunnel along with adjoining area back without use of heavy weapons. So a Cobra gunship was used at tunnel mouth, its shelling was used which killed Taliban as well as ruined interior of Tunnel. This fact was , as usual was hidden and in media it was falsely reported that Taliban suicide bombers blew up themselves in attempt of destroying Kohat tunnel. Some friends of mine from Darra told me so. But i myself was not blind to notice that the damages on tunnel wall are not of bomb blast but shellings of large size.

Actually the situation was so bad that Pakistani soldiers were unable to take tunnel along with adjoining area back without use of heavy weapons. So a Cobra gunship was used at tunnel mouth, its shelling was used which killed Taliban as well as ruined interior of Tunnel. This fact was , as usual was hidden and in media it was falsely reported that Taliban suicide bombers blew up themselves in attempt of destroying Kohat tunnel. Some friends of mine from Darra told me so. But i myself was not blind to notice that the damages on tunnel wall are not of bomb blast but shellings of large size.

I don't know why there is such worship of Pakistani Army -- sure they are drawn from every village in Pakistan (perhaps not Baluchistan as much) but one would expect them to be at best a good third world army -- right ?? -- I mean the TTP that is a rag tag force comprised of uneducated thugs seems to give them a hard time.

Further -- what competent defense establishment would have lost such a strategic asset to TTP in the first place.

I don't know why there is such worship of Pakistani Army -- sure they are drawn from every village in Pakistan (perhaps not Baluchistan as much) but one would expect them to be at best a good third world army -- right ?? -- I mean the TTP that is a rag tag force comprised of uneducated thugs seems to give them a hard time.

Further -- what competent defense establishment would have lost such a strategic asset to TTP in the first place.
My understanding is Pakistan army is competent and professional force but their efforts are focused on avoiding causalities, even few dozen casualties of the soldiers badly affect their morale and on many occasions large operations were aborted just because their casualties were mounting. This is to be expected from a fauji who does that job for monthly salary , to sustain his family and expects pension after retirement, he doesnt want to die. Thats not the case with the fanatics

It is a very professional, disciplined and competent force that is going up against a very smart, resourceful, resilient and ideologically driven enemy that has all the appropriate tools at it disposal to wage a very effective guerrilla campaign, yet still the Pak army has done a very effective job, see Swat campaign, compare this to what the US has achieved or its predecessor the USSR or the imperial British army which received it's most disastrous defeat in the 19th century during the first Anglo-Afghan war at the hands of the great great grandfathers of todays Taliban.Kudos

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom