What's new

US plans to keep nine military bases in Afghanistan: Karzai

Yes and No. While the Iranians feel concerned about the US presence; it is not a morbid fear. Once the Iran-US relationship sees a thaw (which is inevitable and imminent) even that will be just a passing matter.

edited my post: how about Russia?

edited my post: how about Russia?

Russia-->USA: "you mind Afghanistan, but do not mess about with the CARs; that is my preserve. Most of all; remember that Islamic Fundamentalism can affect both of us adversely".
That could just about sum up the Russian view.

Russia-->USA: "you mind Afghanistan, but do not mess about with the CARs; that is my preserve. Most of all; remember that Islamic Fundamentalism can affect both of us adversely".
That could just about sum up the Russian view.

I guess the larger interests matter over the proximity anxieties.

Though I heard Russia was hinting at wanting the Allied forces to continue their presence there - because the tnreats not nullified yet - interesting times ahead for that region.

I guess the larger interests matter over the proximity anxieties.

Though I heard Russia was hinting at wanting the Allied forces to continue their presence there - because the tnreats not nullified yet - interesting times ahead for that region.

Afghanistan is interesting yet an issue of concern for the world at large. Which is why there are many differences from the last major "dust-up" that took place there involving the Soviet Union. This time around, there are many more players involved; directly and indirectly. It is no more the preserve of 2 or 3 players or thekedars.

Afghanistan is interesting yet an issue of concern for the world at large. Which is why there are many differences from the last major "dust-up" that took place there involving the Soviet Union. This time around, there are many more players involved; directly and indirectly. It is no more the preserve of 2 or 3 players or thekedars.

Of course - there are lot more victim countries of the terror factory that operates from that region now compared to the previous situation, hence multiple countries are interested in seeing an end to it. Russia, China, US India - everyone has concerns about it.

Even the CAS countries are worried about it.

Of course - there are lot more victim countries of the terror factory that operates from that region now compared to the previous situation, hence multiple countries are interested in seeing an end to it. Russia, China, US India - everyone has concerns about it.

Even the CAS countries are worried about it.

That seems to be the summation of the matter. Why do you think that the situation is such that even Pakistan is concerned about the US draw-down and its aftermath? Gen. Kiyani has already voiced that to his American interlocutors on various occasions.

That seems to be the summation of the matter. Why do you think that the situation is such that even Pakistan is concerned about the US draw-down and its aftermath? Gen. Kiyani has already voiced that to his American interlocutors on various occasions.

Bro, you can make Afghanistani situation as complicated and twisty like a Julaibee. It will be bitter as hell.

We have simple solution and we have julaibee solution.

Julaibee solution is what you guys are hugging about in the last 5-6 posts.

You can drag in Ayatullahs, the Commies, the neo-capitalists-ex-commie Indians, and what not.

The more spoons you bring in the pot, or the more cooks you bing in the kitchen, the messier the Afghanistani dish will be.

Simple solution: Keep the main players to the minimum i.e. 2 and perhaps one to support the main players. That's it.

US - Provides security
Afghanistanis - fix their country.

Pakistanis - Play a supporting role to US and Afghanistan (in as many ways as possible).

But I know, Indians will not sit still as long as Afghan mirchi (pepper) is in their you know what.

So the Afghanistani goose will be continually f'd for a long time to come, with no regards whatsoever for the poor people called Afghanistanis.

Yeap.

that's how you all want it. that's how you like it.

peace

Bro, you can make Afghanistani situation as complicated and twisty like a Julaibee. It will be bitter as hell.

We have simple solution and we have julaibee solution.

Julaibee solution is what you guys are hugging about in the last 5-6 posts.

You can drag in Ayatullahs, the Commies, the neo-capitalists-ex-commie Indians, and what not.

The more spoons you bring in the pot, or the more cooks you bing in the kitchen, the messier the Afghanistani dish will be.

Simple solution: Keep the main players to the minimum i.e. 2 and perhaps one to support the main players. That's it.

US - Provides security
Afghanistanis - fix their country.

Pakistanis - Play a supporting role to US and Afghanistan (in as many ways as possible).

But I know, Indians will not sit still as long as Afghan mirchi (pepper) is in their you know what.

So the Afghanistani goose will be continually f'd for a long time to come, with no regards whatsoever for the poor people called Afghanistanis.

Yeap.

that's how you all want it. that's how you like it.

peace

Fauji; you never cease to amuse. Thank you for continuing to do so. :D

Back
Top Bottom