What's new

US gives $1.64 mn worth military equipment to Pak police

Machoman

Reaction score
ISLAMABAD: The US on Monday handed over eight armoured personnel carriers and surveillance equipment worth $1.64 million to Pakistani police as part of the ongoing cooperation between the two sides in the war against terror.

The armoured vehicles and surveillance equipment, including global positioning systems night vision devices will be used by the Elite Force of police in the North West Frontier Province, said a statement issued by the US embassy.

"These vehicles and surveillance equipment will support the NWFP Elite Force professionals who are on the front lines in the fight against extremism," the statement said.

The US supports civil law enforcement agencies in Pakistan with equipment, training, and refurbishment of police facilities.

US civil law enforcement aid totalled $49.5 million last year alone.

Can I ask one quick question. Does USA has being doing this only recently or they have been gifting stuff in past too?

ISLAMABAD: The US on Monday handed over eight armoured personnel carriers and surveillance equipment worth $1.64 million to Pakistani police as part of the ongoing cooperation between the two sides in the war against terror.

The armoured vehicles and surveillance equipment, including global positioning systems night vision devices will be used by the Elite Force of police in the North West Frontier Province, said a statement issued by the US embassy.

"These vehicles and surveillance equipment will support the NWFP Elite Force professionals who are on the front lines in the fight against extremism," the statement said.

The US supports civil law enforcement agencies in Pakistan with equipment, training, and refurbishment of police facilities.

US civil law enforcement aid totalled $49.5 million last year alone.

If our police system is made stronger , half of crimes would vanish , provided police officers are trained well and get proper salaries and benefits for their families

oh man i am fed up hearing US Aid to Pakistan...... us aid to Pakistan on war on terror........ us aid aid aid aid aid :flame: :flame:

Will i ever see Pakistan giving aids instead? and Debt free? in my life :angry:

oh man i am fed up hearing US Aid to Pakistan...... us aid to Pakistan on war on terror........ us aid aid aid aid aid :flame: :flame:

It starts with you as a individual giving aid to pakistan gov

a) Making sure you pay Taxes, you help catch tax evadors
b) Any donations on top of taxes
c) Driving campaigns to raise money for social event sports for youth
d) Donating time and finances to research & development

:P

Helping curb curruption is #1 help to your country reporting crimes / theives

oh man i am fed up hearing US Aid to Pakistan.

Will i ever see Pakistan giving aids instead? and Debt free?

The irony of your statement is that WE don't have the money to give Pakistan stuff, without borrowing from the Chinese and Japanese! Will I ever in my life see the USA debt free? Not a chance ... (I'm 64 already :lol:)

LOL dude what do U expect when U have beggers and theives incharge of your country they have no self respect and are only there to beg or steal.
if we cant afford million dollars to buy any thing there is something seriously wrong here.till and when whole trash is cleaned from islamabad and donated for medical experiments you will have to get used to of this.

they can buy it and they do buy it , but they still take what ever is offered to them , and all these are agreed wot compensations now advertised in there TRUE meaning so that people will stop crying about US and eating there food from the same mouth .

i think we nees swat type of teams and equipment in pakistan working 24 hours a day against crime they have good cummunacation system onboard every vehicle of police backed up from air tooo so no one get run away

Back
Top Bottom