What's new

Us ambassador to china explains why he prefer trains over planes and why he loves trains so much in China

beijingwalker

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
China
Us ambassador to china explains why he prefers trains over planes and why he loves trains so much in China

I always tell those ignorant Americans here that the reason they argue vehemently that Americans don't need HSR is because they never get a chance to experience HSR first hand. All American expats living in China love the Chinese bullet train like their second father.

I always tell those ignorant Americans here that the reason they argue vehemently that Americans don't need HSR is because they never get a chance to experience HSR first hand. All American expats living in China love the Chinese bullet train like their second father.

I keep telling this completely ignorant Chinese man:

The US isn’t China and China isn’t the US.

Your population density concentrated in big Eastern city areas supports trains while we are widely spread out from East coast to West coast and our ridership would be low. While it is common in most countries to have cities with millions of people it is uncommon here…we have less than 10…you have over 200.

One of our most popular flight routes is from LA to NYC which would take over 28 hours by a HSR train using your own's times as a guide making it completely impractical…even traveling halfway across the country from major cities LA to Chicago or NYC to Miami would be impractical.

Let's look at this Chinese HSR line

14 HOURS ON A CHINESE BULLET TRAIN (Shanghai to Chengdu)​

14hours.png

shortdistance.png

1,760km = 14 hours by HSR

NYCMiami.png

1,760km = 14 hours by HSR

plane.png

planeNYCSanFrancisco.png

This is how fast by plane to get twice+ as far. 6.5 hours

You have an undeveloped country which enabled you to build almost straight line rail for miles. The US is far more developed with $Billions worth of people’s property in the way. The typical distances between major cities is crazy.

The problem is you are too ignorant to grasp it.

LaDallas.png

LA to Dallas? That's over 14 Hours.

DallasWashington.png

Dallas to Washington? That's over 14 Hours.

Again please name which cities you think could be justifiable for HSR?

There may be some areas that could support HSR but they would be so few it wouldn’t even be worth mentioning.

Please tell us where in the US all these elaborate HSR lines should be…from which city to which city…instead of just uselessly flapping your gums with generalizations.

Do you know what a 14 hour plane flight gets you..to the other side of the planet

Last edited:
I keep telling this completely ignorant Chinese man:

Your population density concentrated in big Eastern city areas supports trains while we are widely spread out and our ridership would be low. While it is common in most countries to have cities with millions of people it is uncommon here…we have less than 10…you have over 200.

One of our most popular flight routes is from LA to NYC which would take well over 10 hours by a HSR train at 400kph with the most direct route making it completely impractical…even traveling halfway across the country from major cities LA to Chicago or NYC to Miami would be impractical.

You have an undeveloped country which enabled you to build almost straight line rail for miles. The US is far more developed with $Billions worth of people’s property in the way.

The problem is you are too ignorant to grasp it.

There may be some areas that could support HSR but they would be so few it wouldn’t even be worth mentioning.

Please tell us where in the US all these elaborate HSR lines should be…from which city to which city…instead of just uselessly flapping your gums with generalizations.
I always tell this ignorant American guy here that the reason they argue vehemently that Americans don't need HSR is because they never get a chance to experience HSR first hand. All American expats living in China love the Chinese bullet train like their second father.

Your population density concentrated in big Eastern city areas supports trains while we are widely spread out and our ridership would be low. While it is common in most countries to have cities with millions of people it is uncommon here…we have less than 10…you have over 200.
This bullet train connects towns of population of several thousands
Population of Tibet: 3.05 million

复制 微信图片_20231027021044.png

Last edited:
I always tell this ignorant American guy here that the reason they argue vehemently that Americans don't need HSR is because they never get a chance to experience HSR first hand.
I have a better idea to give you a better understanding of how this sounds. I’ll attempt to convert your population situation to ours.

Close all the HSR stations in Chinese cities/towns with more than 500,000 people and keep the rest open. Then ban anybody who lives in any 500,000 plus population city from using the trains. This would give you a better understanding of the US population density and what HSR in the US would end up looking like.

As for saying if people experienced HSR they’d wan’t it: That’s like me saying most people in China would be living in a single family home with a big backyard if they could all experience life in a US single family home with a big backyard.

Do you think that situation is practical given China’s population and area??

Your argument of what people would like and what is the reality of the situation are two different things and you simply can’t distinguish no matter how hard people try to explain it to you.

I may as well be saying China should spend billions reclaiming the entire Taklimakam and Gobi deserts so > 75% of the population could spread out and live in single family homes.
Chinese members would say that is the most illogical and wasteful use of time and money.

orlandoHSR.png

That tiny area in the bottom right is the Orlando HSR you are talking about...you have got to be kidding me...this in itself explains the entire problem of tremendous distances scale between major us population centers. It's something apparently Chinese simply can not comprehend. This is just a drop in the proverbial bucket.

Last edited:
For decades, it has been the Chinese who wants to be like Americans. Our PDF Chinese are on a mission, at least on this little corner of the internet, to change that.

But the PDF Chinese have absolutely no power outside of this forum to influence anything

I have a better idea to give you a better understanding of how this sounds. I’ll attempt to convert your population situation to ours.

Close all the HSR stations in Chinese cities/towns with more than 500,000 people and keep the rest open. Then ban anybody who lives in any 500,000 plus population city from using the trains. This would give you a better understanding of the US population density and what HSR in the US would end up looking like.

As for saying if people experienced HSR they’d wan’t it: That’s like me saying most people in China would be living in a single family home with a big backyard if they could all experience life in a US single family home with a big backyard.

Do you think that situation is practical given China’s population and area??

Your argument of what people would like and what is the reality of the situation are two different things and you simply can’t distinguish that.

I may as well be saying China should spend billions reclaiming the entire Taklimakam and Gobi deserts so > 75% of the population could spread out and live in single family homes.
Chinese members would say that is the most illogical and wasteful use of time and money.

Why all Americans in China love HSR and why US actually is trying to build some in US now?

w700d1q75cms.jpg
09d5942bf928493ea9e18b51e78ab96b (1).jpeg

504e8109gy1hcxzljk11tj20qo16nwjk.jpg
9c7297c7gy1hho4hmzi0qj20n014rqnz.jpg

Why all Americans in China love HSR and why US actually is trying to build some in US now?

Are you now giving a SerpentZA answer of "All Americans".
Why do you think all Americans in China love HSR?
You literally asked them all? You did not. Why are you lying?

You just lie..lie..lie..lie.

Are you now giving a SerpentZA answer of "All Americans".
Why do you think all Americans in China love HSR?
You literally asked them all? Why are you lying?
Tell me one American expat in China who doesn't like HSR, can you? I posted many video showing how much they love HSR already.

Tell me one American expat in China who doesn't like HSR, can you? I posted many video showing how much they love HSR already.

You literally said all. You must have asked them then. Why are you making stuff up if you did not? Why are you lying?

SepentZA: No Birds in China
Beijingwalker: All Americans in China love HSR.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom