What's new

Up Close With India's Light Combat Helicopter (Prototype 2)

Azazel

Reaction score
Up Close With India's Light Combat Helicopter (Prototype 2)

DSC08399-776001.JPG

DSC08402-777405.JPG

DSC08400-779349.JPG

DSC08403-781272.JPG

DSC08413-784156.JPG

DSC08404-785429.JPG

DSC08405-787375.JPG

DSC08407-789359.JPG

Scoped out the 2nd prototype of the Light Combat Helicopter today on the flight line at Aero India. The third prototype of the LCH joins flight test very shortly, and promises to be the final shape and configuration of the helicopter. The LCH programme is speeding along well. More details about current tests soon.

Livefist: Up Close With India's Light Combat Helicopter (Prototype 2)

Is it a remote controlled toy plane ??? I have seen a similar one used by Sunyo in Doraemon :P

Yaar one newbie question coming up. Kindly adjust!

Always (even on decks of aircraft carrier) I see planes/choppers with the missiles loaded - having these red flags at the tips.

What are they for?

Are they removed before the aircraft takes off?

Or is the missile fired with them still attached?

Thanks in advance! (sheepish ....)

Yaar one newbie question coming up. Kindly adjust!

Always (even on decks of aircraft carrier) I see planes/choppers with the missiles loaded - having these red flags at the tips.

What are they for?

Are they removed before the aircraft takes off?

Or is the missile fired with them still attached?

Thanks in advance! (sheepish ....)
Protective covers plus warning tags also seen when the missiles are live not just mock ups. Definitely they will be removed before the Chopper/Jet takes off.

huge glass windows and armor looks so thin. i wonder if if can handle a few 5mm bullets..:lol:

DSC08412-791728.JPG

They are currently undergoing trails in HAL.I think they should be ready for induction into IAF by sometime this year.

Doubtful, these are still early prototypes and not the final version, so final induction will take some more time. However with Rudra coming in, army and air force will have good alternatives for the meantime and even the development and testing of weapons and techs for LCH will benefit from tests of Rudra too.

Back
Top Bottom