What's new

Featured Three soldiers martyred, four injured in South Waziristan search operation: ISPR

Force protection remains a problem. I don't know whose heads will roll but either the tactics are at fault or planning, in either case such casualties cannot be allowed to be sustained in the name of "Watan ki baqa ki khatir shaheed ho gae". On a monthly basis, the Army and the FC have been losing people in twos, threes and fours in such IBOs. If these are IBO's then the bloody terrorists should be surprised instead of the Army.

If 3 were martyred and 4 WIA, that is 3/4 of a section (~10 or so personnel in a section) put out of commission by the terrorists.

Won't stop till tit-for-tat attacks happen against a rather large neighbor of ours... but we have seemed to lost the will for that. Sad.

Ina Lillahi Wa Ina Alaihi Rajioun.

I don't know why the threat in being allowed to grow? Are we waiting for another agreement with the Islamic Emirates of Waziristan like it happened on 5th September 2006?

Allah bless our brothers who fell.

Those armed drones and gunships are needed. Hover and wait and then light them up, no need to put troops in harms way.

Well we will keep loosing soldiers as long as we use those teen dafa toyota Hilux. Pakistan Army should at least buy few MARPS for patrolling duties. Also these patrols should be accompanied by armed drones or Ariel cover. This is not the first time soldiers are sent blindly in to high risk areas without any sort of protection.

Pakistan army is a manpower based land force which relies primarily on numerical strength of troops as source of power projection. Since Pakistan is a poor country and it has very limited defense budget, therefore it cannot spend sufficiently for full filling all its capability gaps.
Pakistan, being a densely populated country with limited job opportunities, will always have huge figure of young people available for recruitment in Army. Henceforth, army is not short of lives, but instead it's short of economics. The concept of Martyrdom is generic in both Army and nation which further increases the acceptability of life losses. Therefore, when such conditions persist within any force, then that force automatically develop high casualitues tolerance level.

In contrast, take example of NATO nations. They have very capable armed forces as they have state of art assets available, have support of huge defense budgets further backed by robust R&D and security infrastructure. Their forces, despite being much smaller in size, are far more capable. At individual basis, their troops are better trained, better adaptive, better educated, better fed, better equipped, better informed and are better supported during combat. Result? Successful Execution of missions with none to minimum casualitues. Since those nations have less population and for their public Armed forces are not very attractive profession, and they have high budgets available, thus they tend to focus more on saving lives.

Perhaps that's the reason that casualty figure of 100 due to IED/ambushes in Iraq compelled the British to switch to Armored Fox Hound as standard vehicle from defender jeeps. But for Pakistan, even after losing over 1000 lives, we will continue to operate what we already have. We simply don't have sufficient options available.

Last edited:
Dear, it wasnt an IBO. It was something else.
I agree this one was not an IBO. However my comment was more in line with other IBOs that have resulted in casualties for the security forces. It saddens me to see casualties with such frequency.

Back
Top Bottom