What's new

This German couple spent 9 weeks in Pakistan to prove that it is safe for visitors

@krash 1) Dangerous road = The road when entering Muzaffarabad. However, I admit we took highway going back to Islamabad.

I live in Lahore. I know all the greens it has. There is so much air pollution that sometimes its hard to breathe.

Neelum Valley https://www.theguardian.com/world/2...ad-after-vehicle-plunges-off-cliff-into-river http://tribune.com.pk/story/1089995/road-accident-three-killed-27-injured-in-neelum-valley/

Some families are okay with these roads, most of them aren't.

Ms. the road that you might have taken must have been a remote offshoot. But if you could tell me exactly which road it was then I'd have a better idea of what constitutes as a dangerous road for you, which can be very subjective; my mom isn't comfortable on the M2 Kalarkahar stretch even after years worth of travels on the KKH. Anyway, a highway takes you all the way from Kohala Bridge to Muzaffarabad in about 45 min. As was the original point, one need not take these "dangerous" roads to reach pretty much anywhere of note in our north, at least not since quite a few years.

That particular video is of an Indian road. Regardless, the "dangerous" roads, as @shimshali posted, need only be taken when trying to reach remoter regions, which a family can do without even after years of exploring GB on highways. The years old excuse of "lack of infrastructure and roads" hasn't been valid for quite a few years now. The KKH is spectacular all the way from Raikhot to Khunjerab, covering almost everywhere that, as I said before, you might know of. These myths still persist because not a lot of people have actually travelled to the region.

Help me understand the two articles that you posted. What do regular car accidents on mountain roads have anything to do with the security situation for tourists (as was the point of Aether's post) or the quality of the roads? I believe more people die of car accidents in Karachi, Lahore and Islamabad than have ever in all our north. Also, the road from Muzaffarabad all the way till Keran (in Neelum valley) is no worse than the roads in Murree. Another misconception is that we can build M2, M1 style motorways anywhere we want. You simply cannot build these roads on the most volatile mountainous region in the world. There are stretches where you can't even build a regular metalled road, e.g. the Fairy Meadows track. These mountains aren't just big, they are also perpetually growing (fastest in the world) and moving, leading to regular rock falls, land slides and earth shift. Building and then maintaining metalled roads up there is near impossible. You build a beautiful road one summer season and when the snows melt the next year half of it is nowhere to be found. Hence the need for dirt and gravel tracks which can be kept open through easy and regular rebuilding and maintenance.

I'm also a Lahori and, at least according to my understanding, the air pollution has little do with the verdict on Lahore being green, as is the image which so many Lahoris and non Lahoris hold of the city.

hello dear how r u :D lahore lahore ay paa jee

video of one of foreigner i hosted in lahore march 2016 and guided them for north pakistan

Yarra khairbash? Long time! Where have you been? Better be somewhere north! I'm just homesick baki Allah ka karam hai.

Lahore de ki kenay!

Back
Top Bottom