What's new

The Top 5 Navies of the Indo-Pacific

Why are you fretting about the declining powers in the West especially the likes of the French but more so the UK.

Not really fretting about it. On the contrary, I was emphasizing that even a rising power like China with a huge military (that many consider to be the second most powerful on earth) still cannot compete with the "declining powers" like France at range.

France and the UK are both major expeditionary powers - second only to the USA. China wont be able to project military power around the world on levels the same as the UK or France for at least a decade, most likely more.

The word "power" is the ability to exert influence. Thus military power is the ability to exert influence via military means. By this definition, and coming to the conclusion that the UK and France exert significantly more influence around the world vial military means than China. Then ask your self; Who has the most powerful military? I would say the UK and France.

China in its current form can only exert military power in its surrounding region.

Yesterday, I watched a bbc documentary about the designing and building of the Astute nuclear-powered submarine (not to mention other stuff like Astrium). Gosh, the U.K has such massive industrial capabilities for a nation of 60 millions

You cannot rate a country in term of their operation capability if you do not count the soft power. Friends is ALL you got in war. Without friend, you need to drop double or triple resources to secure forward beachhead.

Then the number one navy spot in Asia should be a matrix of who have the largest friends group in Asia or the world vs the strength of their navy. otherwise, be as powerful as your might, if you do not have a single friend in the area, it's gonna cost you everytime you move your military across the table.

Do you know how much stuff for navy like the USN or RN to pull a successful operation 8000-10000 mile from their home water?? Without proper resupply and bases, you cannot even dream of getting out of your own region alive, does not matter if you are numerously superior.

Back
Top Bottom