What's new

The Siachen Dilemma for Pakistan and Indias build up on the northern frontier

Great Janjua

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
So whilst playing around on google maps and venting my frustration at how we lost the eastern Karakorum without putting up a good fight [IMHO] and continued losing more peaks around that sector I noticed the Indians are seriously invested in keeping hold of these areas. Besides being a primary freshwater source to our northern areas and gradually the plains of Pakistan these areas are also a major tourist attraction for alpinists wanting to climb these giant rock features. Yes, you can say Allah has already blessed us with many peaks just west of Siachen at a stone's throw away but this shouldn't be an excuse to upright ignore the defenses and wish India does not build up more forces around Siachen which it is already kind of doing since 2015. But the question is what are we doing? whilst India occupies the main ridges and peaks we are sitting at the bottom on the glacial floors hoping India does not attack again.

searching near the Bilafond La Glacier and pass I found some [ Stuff ] keep in mind it took me 5 mins max without any googling.

1654822275427.png
1654825004361.png

Whilst on the other hand these are images from early to mid-2021 of our troops in forward camps. Keep in mind our forces are mostly based on the glacial valleys on the ridgelines and the peaks are Indians mostly controlled. whilst the whole Siachin glacier is under Indian occupation.

1654825416166.png
1654825540119.png
1654825611510.png

You be the judge. Whilst our soldiers lack the facilities at these altitudes they certainly don't lack the spirit and morale but spirit and morale go only as far as the cold doesn't bite your *** and you wake up at a shitty igloo from the 1970s. Allah says he only helps those who help themselves. You won't get jack all from relying on morale and stop throwing around the martyrdom concept like it's fine and dandy ISPR pull your socks up and be leaders. Do you know how the Indians managed to occupy these areas in the first place, through will and stubbornness for decades we have been afraid if we counterattack they will attack other sectors.... a that my friends how they occupied Siachen and the majestic eastern Karakorum in the first place.

If anyone asks why did you not put pictures of Indian frontline posts and bunkers, I can't be arsed secondly do it yourself your big boys.

My point is to be prepared, invest the money into frontline troops and maybe win back the area or the peaks and maybe Siachin if we tried with our will and inniative. My rant is over.

@Sainthood 101 @Mentee @Desert Fox 1 @DESERT FIGHTER @krash @waz @Goenitz

Last edited:
Neither side is going to budge on Siachen till Kashmir is solved.

Neither side is going to budge on Siachen till Kashmir is solved.
Taking Siachen is about the will to do it I can bet my top dollar if the army gave a hoot and really tried taking it over we could, at the expense we invest large dollars into our forces but for now, we aren't that bothered because most of the Karakorum is inside Pakistan plus the army cant be arsed. Well if you ask me we should be arsed the last general to even dream big was Musharaf but the political side was not robust. Musharaf was a strong character he had the will to turn mountains to dust may Allah bless him till eternity.

One more thing since we are poor we think that by attacking Siachen we might invoke fighting in other sectors too which can cause a headache for an army with a small budget.

Taking Siachen is about the will to do it I can bet my top dollar if the army gave a hoot and really tried taking it over we could, at the expense we invest large dollars into our forces but for now, we aren't that bothered because most of the Karakorum is inside Pakistan plus the army cant be arsed. Well if you ask me we should be arsed the last general to even dream big was Musharaf but the political side was not robust. Musharaf was a strong character he had the will to turn mountains to dust may Allah bless him till eternity.

One more thing since we are poor we think that by attacking Siachen we might invoke fighting in other sectors too which can cause a headache for an army with a small budget.

Only post AFAIK which has been captured in Siachen sector since Siachen Operation in 1984 has been Bana Top in 1987 when India captured it from Pak. Else both sides are too entrenched and the inhospitable terrain doesn't help.

There won't be any changes in Siachen situation unless we have an all out war on Kashmir

Pakistan isn't going to put any effort to dislodge indians from the peaks they are occupying nor Indians can come down to dislodge Pakistanis from the glacial valleys and and lower ground Pakistanis are occupying

That is the situation of Siachen for now and for future

There won't be any changes in Siachen situation unless we have an all out war on Kashmir

Pakistan isn't going to put any effort to dislodge indians from the peaks they are occupying nor Indians can come down to dislodge Pakistanis from the glacial valleys and and lower ground Pakistanis are occupying

That is the situation of Siachen for now and for future

I don't see any talk, war or settlement on kashmir Or siachen.

It will be only happening on news media, feel happy statements by politician's from both side of borders And by keyboard warriors in PDF

Back
Top Bottom