What's new

" The increased sum in our budget can only afford several B-2"

Well, I have heard gossips about the increase of military budget. It will be 15-18% from last year's 70 billion USD. In fact China could use the opportunity of US sales of military products to Taiwan and raise the military budget of 1.5% GDP to 3% GDP. To engage Americans and Indians in arms race will probably be beneficial to China's development.

Spend an additional 1.5% of GDP on military? If that's true (I hope not), I hope they won't use it to buy some foreign weapons, that's a real drainage of our money and the weapons bought will be obsolete in 10 years. That amount of money can easily to invested in education, infrastructure, say with a compound growth rate of 8% every year just to be on par with its overall GDP growth, in 10 years these investments will give you a return of over 115%, in fact the benefits of investing in science, education and infrastructure will yield way higher returns than that in my opinion.

But China needs to buy some high tech military weapons. Look at india, how it is stockpiling high tech weapons which are aimed at China. China must have the minimum deterrence to counter any indian aggression.

excuse me sir if i am not wrong its india who is keeping the minimum deterence against china,not china who is keeping against india

china is not a selfish like USA i hope china will be super power to end the dictatorship in the world from USA and bring peace stability and bring justice to the world i dont see USA willl bring any of these things untilll it is super power but i also sure that USA days are numbered

Spend an additional 1.5% of GDP on military? If that's true (I hope not), I hope they won't use it to buy some foreign weapons, that's a real drainage of our money and the weapons bought will be obsolete in 10 years. That amount of money can easily to invested in education, infrastructure, say with a compound growth rate of 8% every year just to be on par with its overall GDP growth, in 10 years these investments will give you a return of over 115%, in fact the benefits of investing in science, education and infrastructure will yield way higher returns than that in my opinion.

we are buying less and less weapons from the outside. don't worry about that. we only buy tiny samples and then learn the technology by ourselves. some people think that's copying, but as any engineer knows, try self learning an engineering degree at college, after all it's just "copying" right? nope, being able to learn is the most important skill china has.

we are buying less and less weapons from the outside. don't worry about that. we only buy tiny samples and then learn the technology by ourselves. some people think that's copying, but as any engineer knows, try self learning an engineering degree at college, after all it's just "copying" right? nope, being able to learn is the most important skill china has.

Having an engineering degree I appreciate your post.

Reverse engineering is not easy at all.

regards,

Back
Top Bottom