What's new

Tesla coils

seljuki

BANNED

New Recruit

Reaction score
tesla coils and capacitors are great as electricity based weapons.. but the problem is that they cannot be directed without polarizing the target first..

wat do u think guys? using ion beams to produce an opposite charge on targets and then using mobile tesla coils to short circuit or electrocute them?

I think US DARPA is developing a technology to do this

tesla coils and capacitors are great as electricity based weapons.. but the problem is that they cannot be directed without polarizing the target first..

wat do u think guys? using ion beams to produce an opposite charge on targets and then using mobile tesla coils to short circuit or electrocute them?

I think US DARPA is developing a technology to do this

Two words: Faraday cages.

There is a weapon called stun-strike that is being developed for anti-personnelle roles. It is intended to be a "wireless" taser and has a relatively short reach.

As for a "lightning gun" that works at longer ranges I'd suggest using an electro-laser. A laser beam uses atmospheric blooming to ionize the air, creating a path of "plasma" upon which the electric current could travel. Once again I don't know how effective this weapon will be against vehicles with metal bodies.

Anybody Played C & C red Alert II, tesla coils and Tesla trooper were common among Sovit bloc Inventory.

All weapons in RA and CnC are based on real life weapons. they actually exist

Two words: Faraday cages.

There is a weapon called stun-strike that is being developed for anti-personnelle roles. It is intended to be a "wireless" taser and has a relatively short reach.

As for a "lightning gun" that works at longer ranges I'd suggest using an electro-laser. A laser beam uses atmospheric blooming to ionize the air, creating a path of "plasma" upon which the electric current could travel. Once again I don't know how effective this weapon will be against vehicles with metal bodies.

sci_fi_weapons_10a.jpg

Behold the Laser Avenger, a cannon that could be used to take down incoming aircraft. Boeing was able to shoot a drone out of the sky with the hummer-mounted laser, even though it’s not particularly high-powered. It cooked the remote-controlled aircraft using a somewhat feeble 1-kilowatt beam.

More recently, the company shot down another UAV using a low-power laser paired with its Mobile Active Targeting Resource for Integrated eXperiments, or Matrix, system during a test in White Sands, New Mexico.

Northrop Grumman is hard at work on a 100-kilowatt laser weapon, which could do far more damage, but it’s not quite ready for prime time. It’s fully operational, but looks like a refrigerator.

Boeing announced in late December that the Avenger has been used to destroy 50 different improvised explosive devices, during tests at Redstone Aresenal in Huntsville, Alabama.

Back
Top Bottom