What's new

Terrorism in Turkey / Egypt / Tunisia make Spain , Italy and Portugal boom

MarkusS

BANNED
Reaction score
Country
Italy
Its insane. Hotel prices in italy sky rocket recently and most are booked out during summer. Since egypt and tunisia virtually collapsed their tourism market and turkey also has become unsafe for tourists many europeans switch their plans and book italy, spain, portugal and also greece profting very much from the turmoil in the middle east.

The bad part is that hotel prices rise to very high levels.

Our tourism office makes PR stuff in this direction. Praising not just italia beauty and culture but also security. The motto is why risjing bombs in Antalya when you can be in beautiful Sicily

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/09/02/b...y-of-mideast-are-boon-to-southern-europe.html

LOL...oh please.

Italy holds no water to Turkey in terms of beauty and culture. Although Venice might be the most beautiful city in Europe...Rome is definitely the most dirtiest! And its not me alone..lots of my American friends hold the same view.

The best thing about Italy is their girls.

Turkey will continue to dwarf Italy, Portugal, Greece etc in terms of tourism and global visitors.

Turkey is one of the most powerful and significant European republic. Italians, Portugese are peripheries. And do I even need to say anything about Greece? :D

@waz

63242141.jpg

LOL...oh please.

Italy holds no water to Turkey in terms of beauty and culture. Although Venice might be the most beautiful city in Europe...Rome is definitely the most dirtiest! And its not me alone..lots of my American friends hold the same view.

Turkey will continue to dwarf Italy, Portugal, Greece etc in terms of tourism and global visitors.

Turkey is one of the most powerful and significant European republic. Italians, Portugese are peripheries. And do I even need to say anything about Greece? :D
Cant talk like that as long as Turkey doesnt reach the GDP per Capita of those countries, we still have a long way to go.
And tourism is secondary, it doesnt even contribute to 5% of Turkish GDP, i would exchange our Tourism sector against Europe life standart anyday to be honest.

LOL...oh please.

You are so right..Ankara and istanbul are much better than barcelona and lisbon. And tuscany ,sicily, cinque terre , italian coast , spanish coast , southern portugal, italian spanish and portuguese islands are ugly as anything.

Lucky we visited Istanbul in 2014 otherwise the fam may not have let us go. As a British Muslim I know the threat is overexaggerated and would still visit Turkey or Tunisia. Turkey unfairly has a very poor reputation in the UK at the moment.
I know people that still went to Egypt recently despite the threat though because it is so much cheaper.
Italy and Turkey are very different (have only been to both once), Istanbul was stunning and picturesque despite the rush with amazing food and Verona/Lake Garda was full of natural beauty and authentic Italian experiences. It is also much cheaper (at least from Britain) to go to Italy than Turkey still.

Back
Top Bottom