What's new

'TAIL CHOPPERS' - BIRTH OF A LEGEND:NO 14 SQUADRON-S VIGIL IN INDO-PAK WAR 1965

Psychological one because first Gen Infrared Sensor was very east to counter.

Maybe for US or USSR. Those days IR missiles were a novelty and even flares were uncommon in many first world countries. That time IAF had no concept of IR missiles or how to counter them, we are talking about 1965 after all. Pilots were used to dog fighting using their cannons, having a missile that "magically" chases them would have been a unique problem unheard of those times especially in south Asian region.

Technically PAF had better aircraft and missiles in 1965 thanks to cold war politics.

Not much difference technically speaking. The hunter was better than the sabre infact.

Sidewinder was something Indians had no counter to.

How did the Sidewinder help when the IAF Canberras were decimated sitting on the ground.

1. There is something called surprise air raid. IAF bases were attacked without formal declaration of war.

2. What was the condition of radars in 1965? I don't know much but I believe there were neither AWACs nor AESA radar those days.

3. What was the state of air defence artillery and SAMs in 1965?

If you are looking at the war then it is better to look from a holistic point of view.

Sidewinder was something Indians had no counter to.

1. There is something called surprise air raid. IAF bases were attacked without formal declaration of war.

2. What was the condition of radars in 1965? I don't know much but I believe there were neither AWACs nor AESA radar those days.

If you are looking at the war then it is better to look from a holistic point of view.
PAF had the GAR 8 advantage but it was not significant as most of the kills were with guns and very few aircraft were missile capable. As for your surprise attacks, air defences, sams,awacs, are concerned, both airforces could play the game. PAF had not put a restriction on IAF on not to make a surprise attack. War was declared on 6th September officially anyways as IA attacked international borders.

Hostilities and skirmishes had already taken place at the beginning of the month, while India launched a full scale attack on the 6th September, and IAF carried out attacks in Eastern sector on the morning of 7th, to which PAF retaliated against Kalaikunda , so that debunks your claim of non declaration of war or any surprise attack.
As for point 2 and 3, the position was more or less same for both sides albeit India enjoyed the numerical advantage.

Who told you that information? India lost more than 120-160 jets in just AERIAL warfare.
ok

Then how come your jets didn't bombed Delhi and ended up loosing more man,more Patton tanks and most importantly more land including the strategic Hajipir pass and Kargil peaks in 1965 war.

ok

Then how come your jets didn't bombed Delhi and ended up loosing more man,more Patton tanks and most importantly more land including the strategic Hajipir pass and Kargil peaks in 1965 war.
Lala G one Hawker Hunter shot down over my village but not by sidewinder but by gunns and that Hunter crashed on our lands my dad was witness of that fight and was first guy reached at wrekage of Jet .He still tells me about that Day planes crashed ourlands were battle axis sqdrn according to qieser tufail article but driver in the wreck was in very bad shape total chopped off only part of body was available which harnes the parachute No face at all .Dad remember one ear with little of skull ,one hand half shoe with toe in it arm with watch but other guy crashed in next village was in one piece .These unfortunate folks did not fire single shot and were full of ammunition rockets bullets ,Yeh Dad also remember Martin baker ejection seat the guy tried to Bail out but Dad said he was too low .The driver that shotdown was Sq Leader Sc Bagwat other plane was his wingman Flying officer Brar .

How did the Sidewinder help when the IAF Canberras were decimated sitting on the ground.
You may also want to check to find out, how many Indian aircraft were actually shot down with sidewinders and how many fell to the guns. !!
both Hawker Hunters shot down one over our village and One over next village both of them shot by sabers with gunns not by sidewinders .

Last edited:
Yeah sure Man totally :lol:

"Since the 1965 adventure, Pakistan’s generals have maintained a Standard Operating Procedure (SOP) in public relations about military matters.” According to this virtual SOP, “The Pakistani military wins every war it fights and Pakistan’s generals make no mistakes. Any blame for failure lies either with civilians or the Americans”.

Hussain Haqqani-former Pakistani Ambassador in Sri Lanka-quoting Brig AR Siddiqui-former Head of Pakistan’s Military

But Before I say goodbye to this thread
View attachment 220436

View attachment 220437

This made me laugh for a quite a bit time Pakistani flags are all wrong and all the scenery created is a scale model.

This made me laugh for a quite a bit time Pakistani flags are all wrong and all the scenery created is a scale model.
The "scale model" myth has been already debunked in an earlier thread

Back
Top Bottom