What's new

T-129 Atak & Turkish Attack Helicopter Programs

Putting mildar under the weapon station seems so silly to me. It will block one side of the helicopter. What kind of solution they will bring, will put one more mildar to other side of the helicopter? :D

Even putting mildar behind the 20mm under the helicopter makes more sense.

edit: i forgot that i was out of Çay Bahçesi, translated to english
For now They can put two :-) Actually releated pylon iş for Cirit missiles not for Umtas so even if two mildar loaded till 8 Umtas will be on board. And also two helicopter fly together and only one of them will have the radar, other one will use the info of others mildar.

Putting mildar under the weapon station seems so silly to me. It will block one side of the helicopter. What kind of solution they will bring, will put one more mildar to other side of the helicopter? :D

Even putting mildar behind the 20mm under the helicopter makes more sense.

edit: i forgot that i was out of Çay Bahçesi, translated to english

You will get balance problem. It is not that easy to put some extra ona a chopper.

2840hp of engine should handle it. Compared to helicopter weight.

If you put weight on the front then the backside will go up and the front down, to balance the problem you have to put weight on the back. That will effect the range and weapon load.

This is an optical element, not mmw radar
It's indeed the SAGEM strix, my mistake. Tnx for the correction.:)

A few weeks ago a member of a Turkish forum or Tweeps made the same mistake/suggestion. That's why it got stock on me I believe. :D

This mmw radar thing is not a 20mm machine gun weight and it has no bulp up effect even though it has dropping ability,so just place it somewhere, it wont make any weight

You will get balance problem. It is not that easy to put some extra ona a chopper.

I didnt give exact solution. I just gave disastorous logic failure on it's position under the weapon station, and gave "under the helicopter" as an example as "even this would make much sense" doesnt mean it is the most logical way.

Why did Meteksan/TAI put the MİLDAR on the T-129's wing? I think it can disrupt the helicopter's balance. I think we should put MILDAR on the Helicopter Rotor like the AH-64's Longbow Radar.

Edit: era_shield :tup:

Last edited:
I dont "throw" it man... Two helicopter will have one mildar. Görüşürüz...
If you are not "throwing" back your claim with a source,bro. You know how things work.

And the more pressing issue is we don't have anything like AGM-114L.

Well our guys got the 17. ATAK but I wonder that does it capable to carry our very own missiles such UMTAS and helmet display system or it's ATAK which is very basic?

And about the position of radar. If they wanna integrate it on the canard, it's so ridiculous.

Almost done

View attachment 356364

Ka band millimeter wave radar
•8 km range, precise azimuth and range resolution
•Multifunctional system:
Pulse Doppler Mode
9702;Synthetic Aperture Radar (SAR) Mode
;Inverse Synthetic Aperture Radar (ISAR) Mode
Terrain Profiling Mode
•Detection of stationary and moving land& air targets
•Target classification
•Target tracking and weapon engagement
•SAR/ISAR image generation
•Terrain profiling
Radar Subsystems

I think we have seen T-129atak with mmr radar over the rotor just like the Apache. Why this sudden change ! It will waste one weapon station.

Expect something like this
20090806192850.jpg

Above rotor is not possible, as shaft is filled with actuators and rods..

Back
Top Bottom