What's new

T-50 PAK-FA [FGFA] carrying missiles in its internal weapon bay

arp2041

BANNED
Reaction score
Country
India
A CGI, depicting the Russian T-50 PAK-FA combat aircraft carrying missiles in its internal weapons bay.

T-50-PAK-FA-Fifth-Generation-Fighter-Aircraft-FGFA-02_thumb%25255B1%25255D.jpg

T-50-PAK-FA-Fifth-Generation-Fighter-Aircraft-FGFA-03_thumb.jpg

A characteristic feature of all fifth generation of fighter aircrafts developed so far, carrying weapons in internal bays, allows the aircraft to exhibit reduced Radar Cross-Section [RCS], improving its stealth characteristics, if the mission profile so demands.

Designers are also trying to incorporate this concealed weapon carrying ability on to legacy aircraft, as part of possible life-extension upgrades. One such implementation of this is the 'Enclosed Weapons Pod' that Boeing Engineers have developed for retro-fitting onto the F/A-18 E/F 'Super Hornet' aircraft.

T-50 PAK-FA Fifth Generation Fighter Aircraft [FGFA] carrying missiles in its internal weapon bay - AA Me, IN

Last edited by a moderator:
They must add internal bays on either sides of engine pipes for air to air missiles . The current configuration is not suitable for multirole ops .

I have a query for fifth gen fighters. They have internal weapons bay for non detection by enemies radar, but when the bays are opened for missile firing, can't the aircraft be detected??

yes that's why the weapon bays are serrated(saw tooth) to avoid radar detection ,but pak fa weapon's bay are less serrated compare to F22 .

I have a query for fifth gen fighters. They have internal weapons bay for non detection by enemies radar, but when the bays are opened for missile firing, can't the aircraft be detected??

yup..but they opened it for few seconds only..after firing the missile,they closed it up..so what enemy would see is most probably a blip on his radar,and then it is gone..

I think PAK FA would be a 4.5 gen aircraft by seeing the pic,but not complete stealth. if certain aircraft want to stealth i think it depends mainly on the design of an aircraft and minor materials used for the aircraft.

Last edited by a moderator:
We don't need seperate threads just for couple of CGI's mate. Talk about KLPD! :taz:

Could have just posted them in the PAK-FA sticky.

Don't waste time by opening such silly threads....the picture is old and whats new in t50 having internal weapons bay ?

The picture says its not multirole aircraft , where will it carry ground attack weapons ? If so it is just another flanker on radar . Even F22 will carry very less payload , but the mighty dragon can carry heavy loads with air to air missiles in internal bays .

The bays will remain opened for very short time

Yes you are correct , at the time of opening doors of weapon bay RCS of plane increases dramatically ,
do you remember 1999 F-117 knight hawk shooting incident ?

Back
Top Bottom