What's new

Super Carrier required for BrahMos

Su-30 cannot carry 3 Brahmos, but why 1, why not 2. Surely it can carry 5-6 tons of payload?

the 290KM range of brahmos doesnt help against an ACC whcich can detect and engages an incoming target from the range of 450+KM depending on the radar.

ys but the problem is that even no ACC will b able to defend itself against a brahmos after it is fired within the 290 range,and by the MKI can intrude to that range even in vicinity of long range SAMS

ys but the problem is that even no ACC will b able to defend itself against a brahmos after it is fired within the 290 range,and by the MKI can intrude to that range even in vicinity of long range SAMS

ok that just means that any Su-30 or upgraded Canberra will have to run a gauntlet of fighters for 160km. (450 range for AC and 290 for Brahmos)

Frankly a very curious (confusing) title.

First I got a impression that the author was trying to say that only a "Super carrier" like the Nimitz class can carry the Brahmos and was like WTF.!!

OT:: I dont think we can tweak the P8I to carry Brahmos cos Unkil will not allow it.
Maybe the leased Backfires can be upgraded to carry the Brahmos.Also a dedicated squadron of the MKI s (based out at the Andamans) for the Navy can do the trick.

what d hell is going on. there r somany news 4 bombers coming, i think goi & russia must hav got som news 4 us. hope best

Even I thought we are plannin to build so esuper carriers for Brahmos and strated wondering whats the link!!..
:lol:

Su-30 cannot carry 3 Brahmos, but why 1, why not 2. Surely it can carry 5-6 tons of payload?

Because the early versions of Brahmos will be too heavy to be carried on the wing stations, only the centerline station will be useful. However, the development of a lighter Brahmos version is already on the way and the aim is to fit 3 of these Brahmos on the Flanker series. I guess these lighter versions will be available also for the wingstations of Pak Fa / FGFA.

Because the early versions of Brahmos will be too heavy to be carried on the wing stations, only the centerline station will be useful. However, the development of a lighter Brahmos version is already on the way and the aim is to fit 3 of these Brahmos on the Flanker series. I guess these lighter versions will be available also for the wingstations of Pak Fa / FGFA.
However, the development of a lighter Brahmos version is already on the way and the aim is to fit 3 of these Brahmos on the Flanker series. I guess these lighter versions will be available also for the wingstations of Pak Fa / FGFA.

And I think the lighter version is already tested in Sukhois too. They removed one motor from the Brahmos coz the air launch will give its intial kinematic power.

So its already on the verge of integration.

And I think the lighter version is already tested in Sukhois too. They removed one motor from the Brahmos coz the air launch will give its intial kinematic power.

Yes, thats correct. They removed booster from the missile and its weight is reduced to around 500 kg, as Su-30Mki high speed will give it Kinetic energy which is provided by boosters in early stage of launch. But still putting 3 Brahmos on Su-30Mki is suspicious.
As 3 Brahmos will weight around 7500Kg + 3 Launchers weight + some self defence equipment on fighter. It will take the armaments load to above 9 to 9.5 Ton.

Yes, thats correct. They removed booster from the missile and its weight is reduced to around 500 kg, as Su-30Mki high speed will give it Kinetic energy which is provided by boosters in early stage of launch. But still putting 3 Brahmos on Su-30Mki is suspicious.
As 3 Brahmos will weight around 7500Kg + 3 Launchers weight + some self defence equipment on fighter. It will take the armaments load to above 9 to 9.5 Ton.
I think they are working to reduvce the weight further. But three will be a bit over ambitious, The centre line can max carry two, Dont know if the wing can carry one...it will look awakward though:)

No Dash, that's the early version only like you guys said without that booster, but it will still weigh 2.5t and that's too much to carry it on the wing AFAIK. The Irkut CEO mentioned it in a report from Defexpo this year, that a further development of these air launched Brahmos is already in development and that the aim is to carry 3 of them. So they will have to reduce the weight even further, to carry more of them.

No Dash, that's the early version only like you guys said without that booster, but it will still weigh 2.5t and that's too much to carry it on the wing AFAIK. The Irkut CEO mentioned it in a report from Defexpo this year, that a further development of these air launched Brahmos is already in development and that the aim is to carry 3 of them. So they will have to reduce the weight even further, to carry more of them.
You are right, I thought the reduced it to get crried by centeline, but I had doubt on 3 brahmos, coz three will not come in that area, for that to happen they have reduce the weight further, and it fits your logic where u said it will be carried by wing stations.

By the way if three is the number then 1 on centre pylon and 2 on wingstations.
Its a very difficlut task though.

I sometimes think when Russia doesnt have plans like this, why are we doing this, this airlaunch Brahmos.

You have Shaurya which is 1000 Kms- and its hypersonic
You have ALCM, which is just in talks now - says a range 900 Km+
You have Nirbhay too.

But sometimes I think Its the only missile which can act well in conflict if Sukhois carry them, then the only advantage is some extensive collateral damage. During first strike it will be used to take out vital installations.

Back
Top Bottom