What's new

South Korea’s Navy Growing to Counter More Regional Threats Beyond North Korea

That's not an interview put poll from 1229 participants.

Almost every poll/survey in Korea ranks china no,1 now replacing Japan,
whether it's by Korean,American or others,

------------>

According to the PEW survey,Korea has more negative view of China than the US ,

the country that views China most negatively is Japan(88%). Sweden (80%, 5%p↓), Australia (78%, 3%p↓), Korea (77%, 2%p↑), USA (76%, 3%p↑), Canada (73%) , the Netherlands (72%, 1%p↓), and Germany (71%).

Korean may hate Japan as well,that doesn't mean they can't hate china equally or more.
I dont want to waste time with you. Go ahead and think SK gonna replace Japanese as their most hated figure with Chinese. Until the day, SK can totally forget the comfort women issue and Japanese atrocities of Korean during WWII. This stance will never be changed.

I dont want to waste time with you. Go ahead and think SK gonna replace Japanese as their most hated figure with Chinese. Until the day, SK can totally forget the comfort women issue and Japanese atrocities of Korean during WWII. This stance will never be changed.

I don't have to think in any particular way for I'm quoting results of wide-ranging surveys, not one or two,stats which speak for itself.
The Koreans themselves didn't lived through the era of comfort woman or Japanese atrocities, those are in their minds created by state sponsored propaganda and such animosity are swappable,as long as a new target fills its place.

I don't have to think in any particular way for I'm quoting results of wide-ranging surveys, not one or two,stats which speak for itself.
The Koreans themselves didn't lived through the era of comfort woman or Japanese atrocities, those are in their minds created by state sponsored propaganda and such animosity are swappable,as long as a new target fills its place.
You think those stateman of Korean also lived thru the era of WWII or Japanese colonist period? But they are right not to make current Korean generation not to forget this humiliating's history until the offender repent like the Germans.

You think those stateman of Korean also lived thru the era of WWII or Japanese colonist period? But they are right not to make current Korean generation not to forget this humiliating's history until the offender repent like the Germans.
which statesman that lived through WWII or Japanese colonist period(though colony is a British and western term ,concept,Korea was part of Imperial Japan not a colony according to IJA documented records ).

The people that actually lived through that era are generally very different,and only those nearing their death in 80s and 90s dare to speak up .
1639053098453.png

I was born in 1923. For the sake of South Korea and for Japan, I want to tell you the truth. Telling the truth could threaten my life in South Korea, but I feel it is my duty to do so.

I lived in Seoul during the annexation period. I also spent some time in Tokyo. In those days, the Koreans were more proud of being Japanese than the Japanese themselves. At movie theaters in Korea, they showed the war news before the movies were played. For example, if they showed the image of Japan's victory in New Guinea, the Koreans shouted banzai and gave a round of applause. I loved movies, so I went to movie theaters in Japan as well, and the Japanese were calmer. Nowadays the Koreans who speak positively of the Japanese are criticized as "Chinilpa (pro-Japanese)" but in those days over 90% of Koreans were pro-Japanese. After the war, successive South Korean governments have brainwashed the youths with anti-Japanese education in order to incite hatred towards the Japanese.

Koreans in the street of Seoul celebrating Japan's advance in China (1941)

90% of history education in South Korea is distorted. In South Korean classrooms, our teachers don't teach how corrupt the Joseon Dynasty was in the 19th century, and they make their students believe that the Koreans could have gained independence without Japan's help.

By becoming part of Japan in 1910, education, healthcare, industry and infrastructure in Korea improved dramatically. The foundation of becoming a modern state was built during the annexation period. Yet we teach in our classrooms that Japan's annexation set back Korea's progress.

Population and average life span of Koreans doubled under the Japanese

The Joseon Dynasty ruined Korean industry, and the Korean thinkers who advocated reforms were brutally executed. The Koreans today shout "brutal Japanese!" "sex slaves!" but the Korean ruling class (Yangban) in the 19th century was far more brutal. The final years of the Joseon Dynasty were so hellish that they would only compare with the present day North Korea.

1639053238319.png

---> https://news.v.daum.net/v/20130912144207777
Published in Segye Ilbo (World Daily) on September 12, 2013

A man in his 30's beat a man in his 90's to death because the old man supported the Japanese rule of Korea. The court imposed a five year sentence on the assailant.

In May 2013, 38 year-old Mr. Hwang quarreled with 95 year-old Mr. Park in Chongmyo Park located in Chongno ward, Seoul, South Korea.

Mr. Park said, "I fondly recall the period of the Japanese rule. It was fortunate for Korea to have been ruled by Japan." Mr. Hwang could not control his temper. Mr. Hwang kicked Mr. Park, forcefully took his 80cm long walking stick supporting him and hit his face several times.

Mr. Park was taken to a hospital. He was diagnosed with cerebral hemorrhage and a fractured skull, which would take eight weeks to heal. Mr. Hwang was charged with assault after interrogation by police.

At first, the court categorized this case as a simple assault and entrusted it to the summary court. However, after Mr. Park died in the hospital, the situation changed.

The prosecutor attributed the death of Mr. Park to the assault by Mr.Hwang and changed the charge from assault to assault causing death. The case was also transferred to the district court where three judges presided over the trial.

On September 10th, Seoul District Court (chief judge Kim Young Gwan) ruled Hwang guilty of all charges and sentenced him to five years in prison.

^
This is the result of hate propaganda for politics,it's why people don't open up, only some old people dare and they too get killed for coming out honestly,since the propaganda generation knows better than those who lived like 95 years old Mr Hwang.
Anti Japan sentiment is imaginary ,made with state-sponsored propaganda to divert blame and scrutiny from the gov ,played up by opportunist.People can be made spiteful,radical,hateful based on propaganda nothing new or final.

And why do you mention Germany ? what special did they done?

Last edited:
South Korea is mulling to develop KF21 Naval version, if it is realized, it means SK aims very high in their power projection plan and will likely build at least 5 AC
That is not happening in our life time and I am not even 30.

Asia militarizing up is good news for all, less way for the US to intervene.

No, JMSDF! Japan is now SK number one enemy. They rather side with China to flatten Japan than join Japan to attack China.

Typical USNI misleading article written by clueless whiteman who just fabricate things to suit their narrative and US imperialism.

I am east asian and I dont need a white man to tell me my history.

Gives South Korea the option of retaliating against China as well as if possible conflict with Japan. Think about it when you consider China's backing of North Korea in any possible conflict.

Gives South Korea the option of retaliating against China as well as if possible conflict with Japan. Think about it when you consider China's backing of North Korea in any possible conflict.
American think they can understand North Asian better that local.

Let me repeat again. South Korea rather join China to annihilate Japan than join Japan to annihilate China. You dont understand the hatre level between Korean and Japanese.

American think they can understand North Asian better that local.

Let me repeat again. South Korea rather join China to annihilate Japan than join Japan to annihilate China. You dont understand the hatre level between Korean and Japanese.

I'm not worry about South Korea joining China against Japan. Just North Korea joining China against South Korea. You already punishing South Korea over THAAD systems even though South Korea should be focusing on Japan.

Biggest existential threat east Asian countries face is population implosion

I'm not worry about South Korea joining China against Japan. Just North Korea joining China against South Korea. You already punishing South Korea over THAAD systems even though South Korea should be focusing on Japan.
LOL.. South Korea knows North Korea attack South Korea is low. The THAAD is just a thing shove down on SK.

LOL.. South Korea knows North Korea attack South Korea is low. The THAAD is just a thing shove down on SK.

Low but not impossible hence why ask for permission for extended range of ballistic missiles to hit further into North Korea. As well as developing their own SLBM to deter North Korea. THAAD is pretty much a defense against ballistic missiles, whether you think it's shove down their throats or not, its their say.

Back
Top Bottom