What's new

South Asia's 1st underwater tunnel marks partial completion in Bangladesh

Lol, what an ignorant comment. BD economy and people life's will improve with this facilities that help boast every single aspect of BD. Shorten transport time. Improve competitiveness.
Why do you think my commends were from an ignorant child? The planning, design and construction, all were done by Chinese companies. Only the land and river were given by BD.

So, all credits of construction the tunnels go to China. Am I wrong?

Japanese are just going in and out of Delhi public toilets all the time handing all the technological blueprint to the dhotis to build the bullet train for themselves.

So yeees! dhotis are building bullet train !!

Dhotis jumping in the mix will be a disaster.

Na gharka - na ghatka.

Na agartala, na chowkir tola....

For Bangladesh It will cost more money than what the Japanese would have built themselves, which is why we in Bangladesh just stay away from the design aspect, Bangladesh is too immature for that. Will learn skills with time. Plenty of new skills are being absorbed locally from Chinese, Korean and Japanese-led projects though.

Last edited:
Well congrats. I am aware of the Kolkata Metro tunnel under Hooghly river which faced some serious issues. India is a large country and it is not surprising that some engineering expertise and talent will be available within the 1.4 Billion populace to organize capital projects.

Karnaphuli is a road tunnel system, with two tubes (two single directional lanes in each tube). It is the first road tunnel and will be inaugurated soon and made operational (maybe when approach roads in the South side of the tunnel get completed). I will post some videos when I get a chance.

BTW Dhaka underground tunnel MRT work was just started - which is also and actual deeper tunnel (maybe 20~30m underground) and not a cut/cover situation like some other metros. Almost like Mumbai MRT tunneling situation.
Wrong the tunneling under Hooghly river didn't face any challenges. It was the challenge faced in part of city where buildings are of 200 years old.
Building a tunnel which will sustain train track is more challenging than bus track, almost underground tunnels are uni directional.
Its not a dick measuring context. Anyway I am happy for BD. A prosperous BD is good for the region.

Back
Top Bottom