What's new

Similarities between Pakistani and Indian economy.

Sorry, article is crap 14.4% growth isn't happening :P

There's been some base reshuffling, and creative accounting going on.

According to this graph

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/1/1e/Iran_population&gdp.JPG

This is by no small amount, complete crap.

in 06-07 apparently your economy grew 54%

so we're bribing the IMF, the world fact book, the CIA and a million other organizations to lie about our GDP????
You're forgetting that Iran is MAJOR oil and gas producing nation. Oil went from less than 10 dollars a barrel in the 90's to 147 in 2000's!!!!!!!!!! you do the math. That's extra money to invest, build factories etc...
Unlike non oil producing nations our economy grows exponentially when oil prices go up.

Hey I didn't say anything about bribing.

Everybody resets their base once in a while.

true, but you're assuming that Indians have a higher PP and without looking at facts I guess you're correct. Does anybody know the PPP coefficient of Pakistan?
For example with Iran you have to multiply the nominal GDP by 2.5 to get the PPP GDP.
---------------------------------------

I just checked the per capita gdp (ppp) for both Pakistan and India and they were both the same.

I guess the question is whether India can keep it up. They still have a long road ahead and there is no room for mistake. Pakistan has an advantage by having a smaller population but time will tell if they use this advantage. India IMO is too hyped up. They still have a long wayyyyyyyyy to go before we can compare them to China. Even today China is not the richest and can't provide the best life for all of its people, but I think we all know that China will continue its growth and they have a proven track record. India still has decades to get to where China is today and I'm not sure if they can duplicate it.

You are wrong about India and Pakistan's GDP (per capita PPP) being equal. India's GDP is ahead by $500. Not a small amount I'd say. Source: CIA fact book.

And I agree with you, though Indian economy can hardly be compared to China, there's a reason why they are bracketed in the BRIC or the BASIC countries together. The place where we can compare India and China is the sustained high pace of growth. Indian has grown at an average of above 8% for the past decade, though Chinese economy has grown at a even higher rate.

India had joined BRIC to become a part of 4 nations' economic power block. Now it is being sought after in other blocks. Can someone answer the question as to how India with per capita GDP very close to Pakistan's can become such an economic power?

How come such stupid threads pop-up. On one hand Pakistan say India and Pakistan is same and now this about economies.wtf

Why is some one comparing the 11TH LARGEST economy in the world with the 69th Largest

The is a difference between $1.3 trillion GDP and $175 bilion GDP.

oR $280 BILLION FOREX and $16 billion forex.

*** Plz spare us the usuall speechs of Indo Pak per capita is the virtually the same***

Per capita will not pay for the $40 billion needed after the earthquakes and floods to rebuild Pakistan.

And per capita will not pay for 300 Thunders & nuke weapons.

China Pakistans long time friend so bigged up by PDF members supposed to be a Super power. Then why does it stil rank below singpore malaysia south korea and Phillpines in per capita income.

I TELL YOU WHY only GDP is a true measure of industrial power $$$$$$$$$$$$44

Back
Top Bottom