What's new

Seniors Cafe should be closed

jamahir

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
India
‘Seniority’ is based on post count in the forum. We don’t know your personal information and can’t verify it so we can’t base seniority on that. In some cases people will verify their professional/military credentials in which case we increase their permissions regardless of post count.

Hi, I always felt that the Seniors Cafe was undemocratic and senseless. It is not necessary that all new or junior members are trolls and all senior members are sensible.

Please do talk with the management about locking that section ( making it read-only ) so that no senior member can post there in the future yet the past discussions remain visible.

Last edited:
Hi, I always felt that the Seniors Cafe was undemocratic and senseless. It is not necessary that all new or junior members are trolls and all senior members are sensible.

Please do talk with the management about locking that section ( making it read-only ) so that no senior member can post there in the future.
Well said, except instead of shutting it down, open it for all.

Secondly, Certain Threads can be restricted to "by invitation only" while the rest of the members are restricted to reading only. How does that sound?

Last edited:

Please do talk with the management about locking that section ( making it read-only ) so that no senior member can post there in the future.
If you're OK with it, I can create a thread based off your quoted post in the suggestions section so we can get a wider range of input and formal feedback from the rest of the admin/mod/TT team.

Well said, except instead of shutting it down, open it for all.

If we open it for all, what name will it be given and how different will it be from all the other general sections ?? :)

Secondly, Certain Threads can be restricted to "by invitation only" while the rest of the members are restricted to reading only. How does that sound?

Who will invite and what will it be the criteria to select the invitees ??

If you're OK with it, I can create a thread based off your quoted post in the suggestions section so we can get a wider range of input and formal feedback from the rest of the admin/mod/TT team.

Thanks. Please do.

Please do talk with the management about locking that section ( making it read-only ) so that no senior member can post there in the future yet the past discussions remain visible.

Well, it is just a perk to be a senior member. What we can do is limit it to TTA/TTC members, but the pool of those members will be small.

What we can do is limit it to TTA/TTC members, but the pool of those members will be small.

Limiting so would be again undemocratic. I will dare say, some TTA / TTC members sometimes don't post that sensibly and there will be many other sensible members who will be denied the ability to discuss. :)

Last edited:
Well, it is just a perk to be a senior member. What we can do is limit it to TTA/TTC members, but the pool of those members will be small.

Sir, if I may take the liberty of pointing out, that this is exactly why this thread was opened, to prevent something like this.

Giving someone the ability to access "Senors Cafe", just based upon the number of posts, will not insure quality of posts. Unfortunately, that is exactly what is required to uplift the standards of this forum.

@WebMaster @Slav Defence @jaibi @AgNoStiC MuSliM

Dear Admin Team,

I haven't been very active on PDF, but given the current lock-down, it is one of the avenues that provides a productive getaway, and recently have been.

Unfortunately, having an actual intellectually stimulating discourse, is quite impossible. There should be some sort of mechanism to prevent trolls from derailing / destroying threads, and restrict them to just viewing.

Thank You for time.

We're on it, brother. Soon, you'll see the change.
@WebMaster @Slav Defence @jaibi @AgNoStiC MuSliM

Dear Admin Team,

I haven't been very active on PDF, but given the current lock-down, it is one of the avenues that provides a productive getaway, and recently have been.

Unfortunately, having an actual intellectually stimulating discourse, is quite impossible. There should be some sort of mechanism to prevent trolls from derailing / destroying threads, and restrict them to just viewing.

Thank You for time.

This was a good suggestion and has been implemented. All threads that were there have been disbursed in their appropriate section of the open forum.

This was a good suggestion and has been implemented. All threads that were there have been disbursed in their appropriate section of the open forum.

Look like Senior Cafe has been closed now and also the secret section for TTA/Professional/Moderators so we cannot make a secret conversation to each other as well.

Yup, I still can see it. So I can see now the location has been moved to Special Section, not under Senior Cafe section as usual. I believe many TTA/Professional/Staff Members are still not aware of the new location just like me when I see Senior Cafe has disappeared. Thanks any way for keeping the section alive.

Thank You Sir, good move!

Look like Senior Cafe has been closed now and also the secret section for TTA/Professional/Moderators so we cannot make a secret conversation to each other as well.

Going by the level of some TT's, they should actually be just restricted to their secret section.:lol:

Whether you are aware of a certain issue, or not, is not the issue, we all have our limitations, but how politely you can communicate is.

Back
Top Bottom