What's new

Sejong the Great class Guided missile destroyer

Such big talk from a guy whose nation still is at 'war' with North Korea. Before you talk threateningly about Japan, focus your attention on Cousin Kim Jung Un, first, who threatens to glass Seoul to smitherens with his supposed nuclear missiles. :)

Anyways, like I said earlier, the Liancourt Rocks will be settled soon. Now that the Comfort Women issue is being settled between Tokyo and Seoul. Besides, I'm sure Tokyo will be prepared to concede claims to Liancourt in order to bolster and improve relations with Seoul.

Btw, as per your nation's Ministry of Defense, in the event that there is an open war between South Korea and North Korea, the South Korean Government has authorized the Japanese Ministry of Defense, and the JMSDF, JGSDF, JASDF as well as the JSFG (Japan Special Forces Group) to come to the aid of Seoul. This means, the legions upon legions of Japanese will come to help liberate and secure Korean Democracy. :)

Dont worry my Kankukojin friend, we shall help you in time and will exterminate the North Korean threat if ever they invade your sacred land.

Is that authorization why JSDF air units haven't flown over South Korean air space yet? Looks like it would be Northeast style repeat of what happened when the Turkish Air Force shot down that Russian fighter jet. Talk is cheap when JSDF seems skittish about entering a sovereign country's airspace especially when that country made strategic investments into developing anti-air defense systems like L-SAM systems.

Thats a lot of senseless banter coming from you harping on about how JSDF entering South Korean waters & it's airspace when PRC China just made fresh claims against the inviolability of Okinawa. Japan will need every plane and boat defending whatever Japanese territory PRC China tries to forcefully claim whether its Okinawa or the Senkakus. I don't even have to mention the post-2020 expansion of ROKN and ROK Air Force which will expand South Korean strike capabilities multiple times over. If you feel that confident of Japan invading South Korea, why don't you IMPLORE the House of Representatives and Councilors to militarily attack South Korea before 2020? Why wait until South Korea becomes much stronger? Is it because Japan is still having trouble with the Tōhoku clean-up?

Last edited:
Is that authorization why JSDF air units haven't flown over South Korean air space yet? Looks like it would be Northeast style repeat of what happened when the Turkish Air Force shot down that Russian fighter jet. Talk is cheap when JSDF seems skittish about entering a sovereign country's airspace especially when that country made strategic investments into developing anti-air defense systems like L-SAM systems.

Thats a lot of senseless banter coming from you harping on about how JSDF entering South Korean waters & it's airspace when PRC China just made fresh claims against the inviolability of Okinawa. Japan will need every plane and boat defending whatever Japanese territory PRC China tries to forcefully claim whether its Okinawa or the Senkakus. I don't even have to mention the post-2020 expansion of ROKN and ROK Air Force which will expand South Korean strike capabilities multiple times over. If you feel that confident of Japan invading South Korea, why don't you IMPLORE the House of Representatives and Councilors to militarily attack South Korea before 2020? Why wait until South Korean becomes much stronger? Is it because Japan is still having trouble with the Tōhoku clean-up?

There is no interdiction issues between South Korea because Japan and South Korean's ADIZ comply with each other.

3-adizs.jpg

That explains there are no Japanese-Korean air interdiction issues. Secondly Japan and South Korea have a maritime fishing mutual exchange agreement, which clearly delineates our fishing lines. This is why there are no major issues.

Take care my friend. I hope you well in this new year. Best wishes for South Korea, too, and all South Korean people.

iwf085035.jpg

There is no interdiction issues between South Korea because Japan and South Korean's ADIZ comply with each other.

That explains there are no Japanese-Korean air interdiction issues. Secondly Japan and South Korea have a maritime fishing mutual exchange agreement, which clearly delineates our fishing lines. This is why there are no major issues.

Take care my friend. I hope you well in this new year. Best wishes for South Korea, too, and all South Korean people.

I do hope that this current situation of Japan and South Korea of having no disagreements regarding interdiction or ADIZ issues continues in the future. The same concept applies to any probable military adventurism that you claimed in post #58 Japan would do against a neighboring sovereign country. Any type of military adventurism will be considered as an act of war. This is exactly why the Middle East is in sectarian turmoil right now. South Korea lacks the military capability that our economy should be represented by but at this time it is by no means defenseless. South Korea needs only time to reach that military capability. If theres any doubt in your uyoku dantai partners (or in your future self) about the sovereignty of South Korea, then my country should be attacked now because in post-2020, there will be certain strike capabilities that the South Korea will have that Japan will sincerely wish that they didn't have.

Last edited:
I do hope that this current situation of Japan and South Korea of having no disagreements regarding interdiction or ADIZ issues continues in the future. The same concept applies to any probable military adventurism that you claimed in post #58 Japan would do against a neighboring sovereign country. Any type of military adventurism will be considered as an act of war. This is exactly why the Middle East is in sectarian turmoil right now. South Korea lacks the military capability that our economy should be represented by but at this time it is by no means defenseless. South Korea needs only time to reach that military capability. If theres any doubt in your uyoku dantai partners (or in your future self) about the sovereignty of South Korea, then my country should be attacked now because in post-2020, there will be certain strike capabilities that the South Korea will have that Japan will sincerely wish that they didn't have.

Of course not, in fact besides the minor issue of the Liancourt rocks (your side refers to Dokdo and our side refers to Takeshima), there really is no issue btw Japan and South Korea in terms of territoriality. Japan and South Korea signed back in the early 1990s a fisheries pact , later extended this zone in the early 2000s. So far, both sides Tokyo and Seoul abide by this and our respective coast guards collaborate with each other exceptionally well. In regards to Japanese ships that are under distress , SK coast goard vessels give aid , the same for any South Korean fishing trawlers that are under duress and request aid, Japanese Coast Guard come to the aid with speed and provide not only medical but relief aid as well as consular support in the event that South Korean fishermen have to abandon ships due to sinking. You will notice that there are no issues of SK and JP fishing trawlers being harassed by respective coast guard monitoring ships.

Anyways, once the Liancourt rocks are resolved, there will be no more issues that affects Tokyo's goals to build relations with Seoul. I am really impressed with Madam President Park Geun-hye's vision in cooperating with Prime Minister Abe to resolve the Comfort Women cases, and hopefully history will laud both leaders for their vision and dream of a more amicable Japan-Korean relations.

Wishing always for the best of the Republic of South Korea.

Regards.

If theres any doubt in your uyoku dantai partners (or in your future self) about the sovereignty of South Korea, then my country should be attacked now because in post-2020, there will be certain strike capabilities that the South Korea will have that Japan will sincerely wish that they didn't have.

Enough of this. Japan has no vision or plans of any inkling to initiate hostilities with South Korea. Japan , like Korea, is a democratic society governed by laws and under the vision of the United Nations. Long gone are any narcissistic imperialistic agendas. We live now in the modern age, with more rational thinking bodies of people. Japan's safety and security requires Korea's stability given the interconnections of the two great nations.

Of course not, in fact besides the minor issue of the Liancourt rocks (your side refers to Dokdo and our side refers to Takeshima), there really is no issue btw Japan and South Korea in terms of territoriality. Japan and South Korea signed back in the early 1990s a fisheries pact , later extended this zone in the early 2000s. So far, both sides Tokyo and Seoul abide by this and our respective coast guards collaborate with each other exceptionally well. In regards to Japanese ships that are under distress , SK coast goard vessels give aid , the same for any South Korean fishing trawlers that are under duress and request aid, Japanese Coast Guard come to the aid with speed and provide not only medical but relief aid as well as consular support in the event that South Korean fishermen have to abandon ships due to sinking. You will notice that there are no issues of SK and JP fishing trawlers being harassed by respective coast guard monitoring ships.

Anyways, once the Liancourt rocks are resolved, there will be no more issues that affects Tokyo's goals to build relations with Seoul. I am really impressed with Madam President Park Geun-hye's vision in cooperating with Prime Minister Abe to resolve the Comfort Women cases, and hopefully history will laud both leaders for their vision and dream of a more amicable Japan-Korean relations.

Wishing always for the best of the Republic of South Korea.

Regards.

I do look forward to Japan rescinding current and future claims to Dokdo in the interest of having a more stable Northeast Asia environment. The waters around Dokdo will be the staging grounds for an expanded ROKN fleet so its a natural security interest for South Korea whether certain individuals in Tokyo likes it or not. Whenever Japan is ready to permanently withdraw the territorial claim, SK and Japan can have better relations in areas like maritime transportation and tourism but not for trade as my people think enough Koreans purchase stuff from Japan as it is. I am in agreement with this as well, since more of South Korean money should go to SE Asian countries like Vietnam and Philippines. If you disagree with this notion, then I should remind you that theres a good chance that those same SE Asian countries will have more advanced trade relations with Japan as well so you can't say this won't benefit Japan. Nor should Japan expect to be connected to South Korea's BMD network no matter how relations between SK and Japan gets better. There are certain areas in bilateral foreign relationships that simply aren't due for a compromise. South Korea emphatically denies to be connected to any multilateral air defense network because of the unspoken message it sends.

Enough of this. Japan has no vision or plans of any inkling to initiate hostilities with South Korea. Japan , like Korea, is a democratic society governed by laws and under the vision of the United Nations. Long gone are any narcissistic imperialistic agendas. We live now in the modern age, with more rational thinking bodies of people. Japan's safety and security requires Korea's stability given the interconnections of the two great nations.

Only time will tell if Japan just came to terms with this now or if you're just simply saying this because we're on PDF. As for the "safety and security of Japan", attaching such labels to the "stability of South Korea" doesn't do you any favors or to the reputation of Japan. It only encourages the misconception that Japan should be allowed to do any and all military adventurism it wants. I also agree that this is modern age with rational thinking people, but this is also the age where cutting-edge military technology is introduced. When there is progress amongst people, there is progress in technology. I will leave it at that. Feel free to make whatever conclusions you want from this statement.

Last edited:
South Korea should lengthen these Sejongs and add at least 32x Haesong II/III. Being able to hit North Korea from the sea with a barrage of missiles would be devastating.

South Korea emphatically denies to be connected to any multilateral air defense network because of the unspoken message it sends.

That will change in time, my friend. It is changing as we speak.

n-t4-uskjofficers-a-20140703.jpg

That will change in time, my friend. It is changing as we speak.

Only way that multilateral air defense network will happen is if the JSDF militarily defeats the four armed branches of the ROK Armed Forces. Like I said before, Japan isn't willing to endure the civilian and military casualties of a bloody and expensive Korea vs Japan war like that so the Japanese request to have a multilateral air defense network is null and void.

Uhm, no, obviously. SONAR dome
i cant find a good pic either, just so you know im not that good on surface ships i dont know much about them, if have been doing quiet a lot of reading on subs though

Only way that multilateral air defense network will happen is if the JSDF militarily defeats the four armed branches of the ROK Armed Forces. Like I said before, Japan isn't willing to endure the civilian and military casualties of a bloody and expensive Korea vs Japan war like that so the Japanese request to have a multilateral air defense network is null and void.

Lol, quite the spirited soul you are, hahahahaha. I think reality is quite different , my Kankukojin tomodachi.

Anatawa kawaii desu ne...

:)

Lol, quite the spirited soul you are, hahahahaha. I think reality is quite different , my Kankukojin tomodachi.

Anatawa kawaii desu ne...

:)

Is it really? Show me the news source that says South Korea is in negotiations to hand over its anti-air defense (which is basically it's sovereignty), and not some drollish remark from you saying that it is. Also, this news article better not have one or two sentences saying that South Korea & Japan is in "defence talks", which can mean that South Korea is giving a formal declaration that Japan should stay out of any inter-Korean conflict for the stability of NE Asia and Asia at large. Showing me a picture of the negotiations and then making a wild generalization that South Korea wants to join a multilateral anti-air defence network doesn't cut it one bit. This is principally why South Korea rejected the THAAD and chose to embark on furthering the indigenous development of anti-air platforms like the L-SAM. What makes you think that South Korea will be part of a multilateral air-defense network that protects a country that keeps denying WW 2 crimes like Unit 731? Next thing you know, a couple years from now, Japan will be making the outrageous claim that South Korea has a responsibility to buy JGBs at 1 percent interest rates, which the whole world knows are toxic derivatives thats only being promoted to individuals, businesses, and banks in Japan.

Do remember that you are the one thats making these claims so the burden to provide the related proof should be on you. If you reply to this comment without that relevant news source, that will just further confirm my suspicions that you have no source and are only concerned with making pro-Japan generalizations.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom