What's new

Samsung unveils two new tablets

abdul2

New Recruit

Reaction score
Country
United Arab Emirates
timthumb.php

Out of London comes news of two new Samsung tablets, the ATIV Q and the ATIV Tab 3.
Both run Microsoft’s Windows 8 operating system, but the convertible Q also runs Android, specifically version 4.2.2 or Jellybean. Samsung says you’ll be able to access Android apps via Google Play and transfer files to share folders and files from Windows 8 to Android.
I’ll have to wait until I’ve tested the Q to see if it proves to be a truly blissful union between the mobile and more PC-like experiences. It’s not the first time we’ve seen the two apparently disparate operating systems cohabitate under one roof — in May I reviewed the Asus Transformer AiO P1801 PC/tablet hybrid.
According to Samsung, the ATIV Q sports an innovative hinge design that allows the user to transform the tablet into four functional modes. You can lay the display flat over the keyboard for tablet mode or raise the screen upright to type just like a laptop. Other options let you float and adjust the display to an ideal viewing angle. You can also flip the display to place in the stand mode that is meant to be for watching videos.

Samsung also claims that the 13.3-inch touch screen display boasts the world’s highest resolution, QHD+ (3200×1800). In techie terms, it has 2.8 times higher pixel density (275ppi) than some of the full HD displays that are out there.
Inside, the Q has an Intel Core i5 processor and includes 128 GB of solid state internal storage. It comes in ash black, and includes a single USB 2.0 port, a single USB 3.0 port and micro HDMI. It has a 720p HD camera. Samsung says its battery will go about 9 hours.

Samsung didn’t disclose U.S. availability or pricing for the Q
For its part, Samsung says the less than third of an inch thick ATIV Tab 3 is the world’s thinnest Windows 8 tablet. The Tab 3 will be out in August at $699, which includes a keyboard.

It weighs about 1.2 pounds and works with the smart S Pen that users of Samsung’s Note “phablets” are familiar with — you can use the pen, Samsung, says, with Microsoft Office, a version of which is preloaded. It runs an Intel Atom processor, has a 10.1-inch screen (resolution: 1366×768), 64GB of storage, and comes in white. It too has a 720p camera. Samsung promises 10 hours of battery life. It will be available in early August for $699.

Samsung unveils two new tablets

yes, but drop in prices is very fast for samsung products, it is following nokia techniques in price drop

It hasnt been released yet. Maybe end of this year, price will probably be over 700$ when released.

Back
Top Bottom