What's new

Saab receives orders from undisclosed customer for Carl-Gustaf M4 and Ammunition worth USD103 Mn

Our shoulder-launched SAMs are also legacy. I believed the same as mentioned in the first line of your comment. However, the breakneck speed of purchases demonstrates the hurry they are in. Now I think these are not being made to plug the gaps alone but to create stockpiles and equip frontline troops with some of the best armament money can buy.
Can you be more specific as to which armaments that they have gotten at Breakneck speed? The Indians are panicking because of China and the realisation that their plans (COLDSTART for example) would fail.

Indian procurement is never "Breakneck" The INSAS rifle for example needed replacing 15-20 years ago and they only signed the deal this year.
The deal of the century MRCA still hasn't materialised
Or the new Phalcon purchase
I have yet to see a Indian purchase that has been "Breakneck"

India thought they had enough resources that they could perform "Surgical strikes" with impunity and when they had their planes jammed/shot down/fratricided
Their Dhruvs are crashing one a year
They have had 57 crashes since 2016

Compare the Pak forces pre 2000's and take a look now.

Along with the rifle launcher, Bangladesh I believe ordered the tandem HEAT round (FFV751). This tandem round will defeat almost all active protection systems except maybe systems like Trophy. Watch the delayed second (tandem) explosion after the round penetrates the simulated tank armor. Dhoti wetting has begun. :lol:

blowback...
1000px-Weapons_practice_%288480477446%29.jpg

Various types of HEAT rounds for the CGM4. Tandem one (751) is on the left.
Carl-Gustaf_M4_CGM4_multi-role_anti-tank_rocket_weapon_system_SAAB_ammunition_details_925_002.jpg

Last edited:
Along with the rifle launcher, Bangladesh I believe ordered the tandem HEAT round (FFV751). This tandem round will defeat almost all active protection systems except maybe systems like Trophy. Watch the delayed second (tandem) explosion after the round penetrates the simulated tank armor. Dhoti wetting has begun. :lol:

blowback...
1000px-Weapons_practice_%288480477446%29.jpg

Various types of rounds for the CGM4. 751 is on the left.
Carl-Gustaf_M4_CGM4_multi-role_anti-tank_rocket_weapon_system_SAAB_ammunition_details_925_002.jpg
Oh I thought it's for us 😔

It's time we introduce a proper bunker-busting weapon and in general a multi-role heavy-hitting platform like the CG.

I have heard the CG is quite a challenge when LOC violations do take place.

It suits well to our harsh terrain but is being ignored only because our neighbours possess them. Sometimes our procurement strategies render no damn sense.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom