What's new

Russia’s next-generation main battle tanks to enter service in 2019

Zarvan

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan

Russia’s Defense Ministry will receive the first batch of 70 Armata main battle tanks in 2019, that was reported by TASS. Earlier it was reported that the Russian Defense Ministry has signed an order for a pilot batch of more than 100 state of the art T-14 “Armata” tanks.

The first production batch should go on the 1st Guards Tank Army, which is stationed in western Russia.

“State tests will be completed next year, they will be put into service afterward,” Alexander Shevchenko, head of the ministry’s main vehicles and armor department, told RIA Novosti.

The program to supply the Russian army with T-14s was initially planned to last until 2020, but, according to Uralvagonzavod chief Oleg Sienko, it is now due to be extended until 2025.

The Russian military estimates that it will need 2,300 of the state of the art tanks.

The T-14 was revealed for the first time on April 29th of 2015 at a rehearsal for the Victory Day parade in Moscow, but its turret was masked then. The official presentation was made on May 9th during the actual V-Day parade.

http://defence-blog.com/army/russias-next-generation-main-battle-tanks-to-enter-service-in-2019.html

The Russian military estimates that it will need 2,300 of the state of the art tanks.
Yeah we heard that on the T90s
Russia cannot afford to build tanks, or is able to build in that mass anymore.

I meant non Russians
Where have I heard that on the T90 or that Russia cant afford to build tanks?

You arnt making any sense whatsoever. You made two contradictory statements that make no sense.

Yeah pls? Want to know that!
I took example, the Soviets said they were about to mass produce the T90s, they didn't, and neither did the Russians after them
Russia already spends most of its money on maintaining their huge amounts of their T72s and T80s, let alone upgrading them, same about their aircrafts and such.

I took example, the Soviets said they were about to mass produce the T90s, they didn't, and neither did the Russians after them
Russia already spends most of its money on maintaining their huge amounts of their T72s and T80s, let alone upgrading them, same about their aircrafts and such.
Isn't Russia already upgrading their t72s? I remember seeing a documentary probably filmed by national geographic about world largest tank factory where they were upgrading/overhauling old/dead tanks and returning them to service.
And how many t90s do they have? If they aren't mass producing them... India wouldn't have t90s would it?

Isn't Russia already upgrading their t72s? I remember seeing a documentary probably filmed by national geographic about world largest tank factory where they were upgrading/overhauling old/dead tanks and returning them to service.
And how many t90s do they have? If they aren't mass producing them... India wouldn't have t90s would it?
They do upgrade (And still do, it will take a while) their T72s, the whole 9000 of them, which
takes a lot of their budget and resources

They are mass producing export versions, which the Indians pay an extra for them, the amount of T90s India has is bigger than the amount Russia has

The T-90 did not get produced until 1993. Russia's rearmament program is atleast 650 billion dollars, so I'm not sure where you are getting the notion they have no money. Dozens of newly built aircraft air inducted every year, same with ships, submarines, APCs, ect. Many platforms, whether it's aircraft or land vehicles have been upgraded--many and there are a number of new upgraded planned such as TU-160 upgrades and such.

Russia has new alternative for everything. Boomerang, T-14, T-15, pak-ta, su-34, Klub, ect. It's natural that they slow down or stop orders of older platforms when new ones are available or will be soon.

The T-90 did not get produced until 1993. Russia's rearmament program is atleast 650 billion dollars, so I'm not sure where you are getting the notion they have no money. Dozens of newly built aircraft air inducted every year, same with ships, submarines, APCs, ect. Many platforms, whether it's aircraft or land vehicles have been upgraded--many and there are a number of new upgraded planned such as TU-160 upgrades and such.

Russia has new alternative for everything. Boomerang, T-14, T-15, pak-ta, su-34, Klub, ect. It's natural that they slow down or stop orders of older platforms when new ones are available or will be soon.
That's bigger than all of their military budget, by over 10 times

How many T-14s were manufactured yet? 16
PAK TA? Even the prototype wasn't built yet
Much more, Russia isn't capable of rebuilding its army

That's bigger than all of their military budget, by over 10 times

How many T-14s were manufactured yet? 16
PAK TA? Even the prototype wasn't built yet
Much more, Russia isn't capable of rebuilding its army
T14 are still in early production stage. It's due to be mass produced starting 2019. This is the way Russians do it always. Even during the days of mig29

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom