United

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Battle ground:Syria

Syrian+free+army+rpg+29.jpg

%25D0%25B4%25D0%25B2%25D0%25B8%25D0%25B3%25D1%2583  %25D0%25BD.jpg

It is no surprise this weapon can cause such damage

it showed its strength previously against american abrahams, british challenger(Iraq) and markava(lebnon).

i would say that man running from below the tank with out upper limbs to be very lucky............the worst part is he ran towards FSA controlled area:no:

wondering what he was doing below the tank.

Interesting that the other tanks just stand there and didn't react when one of their Platoon goes sky high like that. Granted they don't KNOW that it was the result of an AT team with a modern AT weapon, but you'd think they'd at least pop smoke and start to maneuver or something.

%25D1%2581%25D1%2585%25D0%25B5%25D0%25BC%25D0%25B0+%25D0%25B1%25D0%25BE%25D1%258F_1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
The man under the tank was probably inside, he just flew away when first hit. :omghaha:

The man under the tank was probably inside, he just flew away when first hit. :omghaha:

He gets tossed out by the first explosion and the flame geyser flips him off the top of the tank.

jeELViN.png

All these videos of tanks getting blown up suggest that the Syrian army is running out of infantry and now they're being forced to use the tanks as pillboxes or in unsupported counterattacks.
Morale must be abysmal in these units, especially the ones that have seen comrades barbecued in their Russian deathtraps.

tank1:"uhh, bashar got hit"
tank2:"okay guys, stand still and they might think there's no one inside":azn:

Battle ground:Syria

%25D0%25B4%25D0%25B2%25D0%25B8%25D0%25B3%25D1%2583  %25D0%25BD.jpg

It was hit on it's weakest point, on the rear, where no chance the tank can survive RPG-29 hit. If you look at the way the tank turned into an inferno, you would take it as a very good example of Eastern tanks design flaws, in which the ammo and fuel storage are not protected and the crew are vulnerable for any kind of penetration, they would rarely survive such attacks.

Thanx for the informative topic

Where did they get RPG 29's from? Could it be from Syrian army weapons cache or are they being supplied this? Something else wrong here is the other tanks are static no reaction, should have quickly thrusted off that street to the next then turn around and position itself to fire at the roof tops.

Where did they get RPG 29's from? Could it be from Syrian army weapons cache or are they being supplied this?

No one knows for sure, arms supply has never been enough, and FSA describes it as "shy", most of their arms were seized from captured former army posts.

The entire T-series MBT have a major flaw and that is the weapons storage. Even of the T-72 armor could take an RPG hit, the impact will cause the shells to blow up inside the tank. Other modern tanks don't have this problem and most of them could take an RPG hit without being killed. Modern warfare is based on armor and not quantity. Most of the armies in the world have this problem. When the Americans entered Iraq, their HMMWV's did not have turret protection or the strong enough armor. This caused mass casualties from IED attacks and ambushes. Same thing is happening in Syria.

The united states was forced to arm the MBT's and APC' with slat armor as well as turret protection. This saved hundreds of lives. MRAPS we're later brought in with extra armor plating and slat armor.

Iraq also adopted this technique and has been since modifying the armored vehicles to be fit for guerilla warfare.

Syria should start doing the same.

that tank even don't have ERA . RPG-29 aside I doubt if it could stand against RPG-7 from that Angle

that tank even don't have ERA . RPG-29 aside I doubt if it could stand against RPG-7 from that Angle

The Tank was hit from behind, the Rear Section of T-72 is much more Weaker armoured than the front Section. Even if the Tank had ERA, the Rebels had them also destroyed with RPG-7 !

A new Video which shows from Tank Dash how another T-72 get hit by RPG-29 in Darraya ! Watch by 5.33 !

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sBuRcFu0X4E

The Tank was hit from behind, the Rear Section of T-72 is much more Weaker armoured than the front Section. Even if the Tank had ERA, the Rebels had them also destroyed with RPG-7 !

A new Video which shows from Tank Dash how another T-72 get hit by RPG-29 in Darraya ! Watch by 5.33 !

SAA Tank Dash Cam Films Loss Of Friendly T-72 + Rebel POV (RPG-29) - YouTube

well if the tank had ERA , I'm sure RPG-29 still could penetrate it but I still have doubt about the ability of RPG-7 to do so

well if the tank had ERA , I'm sure RPG-29 still could penetrate it but I still have doubt about the ability of RPG-7 to do so

The Grenade hit the Tank from behind, even T-72 equippt with with ERA only have it's Add - On Armour at the Front and on the Side. On the Raer Part T-72 have no Add - On Armour !

well if the tank had ERA , I'm sure RPG-29 still could penetrate it but I still have doubt about the

ability of RPG-7 to do so

RPG-29 uses PG-29V tandem-charge warhead (with two stages of detonations) which is able to penetrate ERA and has done it before.

i would say that man running from below the tank with out upper limbs to be very lucky............the worst part is he ran towards FSA controlled area:no:

wondering what he was doing below the tank.

It appears as if he suffered burns. Maybe he is the driver? If I'm not mistaken, the T-72 does have an escape route at the bottom.

The way the T-72's ammunition are stored make it vulnerable to 'pop-outs' when getting direct enemy hits. Especially from more modern weapons like RPG-29. Did you just see how it burned?

Man, I do feel sorry for the rest of his comrades who were burned alive in there.

Besides, using tanks in dense urban areas is not recommended. Especially when the enemy have the equipment to pop them like pop corns!

As far as the other two just waiting to get popped goes, they appear to be holding whatever line they can hold!

It appears as if he suffered burns. Maybe he is the driver? If I'm not mistaken, the T-72 does have an escape route at the bottom.

The way the T-72's ammunition are stored make it vulnerable to 'pop-outs' when getting direct enemy hits. Especially from more modern weapons like RPG-29. Did you just see how it burned?

Man, I do feel sorry for the rest of his comrades who were burned alive in there.

Besides, using tanks in dense urban areas is not recommended. Especially when the enemy have the equipment to pop them like pop corns!

As far as the other two just waiting to get popped goes, they appear to be holding whatever line they can hold!

Yes T-72 has the escape hatch.

That's why Its recommended not to store extra ammo other than auto-loader open in the hull... while in danger from such weapons.

Russians did the same mistake in 1st Chechnya war.... next time in 2nd war they only take what they can hold in the carousal auto-loaders of their T-72M1M and the tanks come back even after taking 7-9 RPG hits.

Rather Its recommended that certain Infantry and light armored IFVs accompany MBTs in Urban battles as to take care of sudden incidents of rocket firings such as these.

Back
Top Bottom