What's new

RD-33MK for JF-17?

Comprehension, dear comprehension.
If iremember correctly and my knowledge of jet engines is infantile, the difference between the 33s and 93s was the placement of the gear box, the 93s had their gear box at the top rather than at the bottom and the core of the engine was the same. So the same can be carried out for the 93MK version. This is in the pipelines and will be ready in time to be used by JFT. I think March 2019 has been touted as completion date for the project.
As to the sale of MK version of 93 or 33s , there is no problem in acquiring them as the engine alone does not do anything to the platform. Its aerodynamic characteristics remain unique.
The red bear has made a commitment with the PAF for supply of the 93s and may have undertaken some upgrade work already. PAF has now commited itself to the 93 venture so wont shift its focus unless the Chinese product is so much better that the Russians cannot match it. Under the current circumstances knowing the experience of the Chinese it seems unlikely. They may however sell JFTs wit hthe Chinese engine to any prospective buyer that wants them.
A

a5425117-144-IMG__253.jpg
a5425119-2-IMG__267.jpg
a5425120-184-IMG__269.jpg
a5511777-171-LFI_S_21 CG.jpg
I wanted to see jf-17 in that sami stealth design....
I just found that picture from LFI-21 program

If iremember correctly and my knowledge of jet engines is infantile, the difference between the 33s and 93s was the placement of the gear box, the 93s had their gear box at the top rather than at the bottom and the core of the engine was the same. So the same can be carried out for the 93MK version. This is in the pipelines and will be ready in time to be used by JFT. I think March 2019 has been touted as completion date for the project.
As to the sale of MK version of 93 or 33s , there is no problem in acquiring them as the engine alone does not do anything to the platform. Its aerodynamic characteristics remain unique.
The red bear has made a commitment with the PAF for supply of the 93s and may have undertaken some upgrade work already. PAF has now commited itself to the 93 venture so wont shift its focus unless the Chinese product is so much better that the Russians cannot match it. Under the current circumstances knowing the experience of the Chinese it seems unlikely. They may however sell JFTs wit hthe Chinese engine to any prospective buyer that wants them.
A
I have no clue of difference between the two, never studied the specs and never worked on RD33 family or remember interacting with techs who did. My original comment was directed towards the member who claimed it's just the Russian forces who use the MK variant.

I have no clue of difference between the two, never studied the specs and never worked on RD33 family or remember interacting with techs who did. My original comment was directed towards the member who claimed it's just the Russian forces who use the MK variant.
That is obviously not correct as IAF has upgraded M29s.
A

Back
Top Bottom