What's new

Rafale for Indian Navy ??

angeldemon_007

Reaction score
Dassault+Rafale+M+%25284%2529.jpg

Can Indian navy pull all the correct strings to convince Indian air force and ministry of defence to stick with Rafale for the air-forces requirement of 126 aircraft under MMRCA .

Well as per my source , Naval pilots of Indian navy had checked out Rafale M , when French had brought their aircraft carrier to Indian shores few months before MMRCA contestant were downlisted to Eurofighter and Rafale , Navy which wants to have small pie of MMRCA aircraft , is interested in inducting which ever aircraft wins the MMRCA Competition .

But sources think that Rafale is Ready carrier aircraft and Eurofighter will have to be built for that purpose which might require additional funds coming from Navy , point note worthy is that Navy to maintain familarity with IAF fleets has been purchasing aircraft’s which are already in IAF fleet (Ex Mig-29 / Hawks / Tejas ) and wants to maintain that trend in future.

Navy has already send RFI for purchase of Naval variant to almost all party which were part of MMRCA . Indian navy which will be operating 3 aircraft carrier by the turn of this decade wants to maintain adequate fighter aircraft for all 3 aircraft carrier and also to protect its shore based facilities .

Does Navy’s recommendation or advice will be taken into final consideration when the winner will be announced his month ? , well that’s is to be seen , but excitement seen over Rafale by senior Naval sources , well its time for a full stop.

Rafale for Indian Navy ?? | idrw.org

Rafale is not fit for our carriers . The alternate of Mig29k should only be F35

When tejas can why cant Rafale?
Tejas is Indigenous, and do you think N-LCA will be used instead of Mig29k(in war)?
To be frank Tejas cant Light Combat Aircrafts are useless on carriers in range and payload point of view .
N-LCA(even LCA) is to improve and develop our production skills. Not for using in war . The reason why we went for Tejas Mk2 and Navy to fund $2 Billion for N-AMCA .
:) Please share the reason with us.
Simple F35 is the better option or may be N-PAKFA, The reason why iam saying this is
we invested and ordered handful of Mig29k's that says that IN is not interested in any other aircraft Rafale would be over thrown in future by F35 and PAKFA in future when we seek replacement or we have plans for additional carriers.
Wont you agree?

45 MIG 29K
50 Tejas Naval Version{Expected}
----
90 Fighter Jets...

if we take out 16 MIG 29K for INS Vikramaditya..........we are left with around 74 Jets....then not to forget SU 30MKI Bases in Andeman and Nicobar Island...and Lakswadeep.....so what more they need...this is just a pure waste of money it will be alot better for navy to wait for either FGFA Naval Version....or NGFA{AMCA} Naval Version

Tejas is Indigenous, and do you think N-LCA will be used instead of Mig29k(in war)?
To be frank Tejas cant Light Combat Aircrafts are useless on carriers in range and payload point of view .
N-LCA(even LCA) is to improve and develop our production skills. Not for using in war . The reason why we went for Tejas Mk2 and Navy to fund $2 Billion for N-AMCA .

I am very curious to ask you, I hope you answer me, why do you think range matters the most when the aircraft carried on Carriers takes it half way near the enemy and more so its not to go deep inside , have a strike and come back but 70% of its role is to protect he sea based assets of ours like any other Naval vessel does.

N-LCA might not be an option when we have the Mig 29K ready for the battle as you said, but my question remains un answered as I wanted to know when LCA can board the Indian carriers why cant Rafale. its certainly not bigger than the Mig 29's I suppose

@angeldemon_007 and AMCA,
we can expect there is a scope for using rafale as Shore based aircraft for Navy because of its unique weight : payload : range as it is best fighter which gives maximum payload and fuel access in its category(Mki gives same features but its heavy) . I highly doubt that Rafale will not be used even as shore based aircraft as we have maritime versions of mki with Brahmos and they can be made longer ranged

I am very curious to ask you, I hope you answer me, why do you think range matters the most when the aircraft carried on Carriers takes it half way near the enemy and more so its not to go deep inside , have a strike and come back but 70% of its role is to protect he sea based assets of ours like any other Naval vessel does.

N-LCA might not be an option when we have the Mig 29K ready for the battle as you said, but my question remains un answered as I wanted to know when LCA can board the Indian carriers why cant Rafale. its certainly not bigger than the Mig 29's I suppose
Rafale is better than Mig29k but already we paid for Mig29k so no chance of cancelling the deal and gong with Rafale . That makes Russians angry.
In my point of view, Gorkshov with very few Mig29k is waste as i feel any time Mig 29k can have problem in landing and the no. is few. We maintained Aircraft Carrier since we used vertical landing Harriers . Now it is going to be a real challenge for IN to maintain Vikramaditya . I feel F18 with Growlers is best for IN . Even i feel Rafale is as lethal is Mig29k in case of war during Landing.

Our sea based assets can be protected by best of our IN Ships and maritime Mki with Brahmos,Kh35 and Maritime Strike Jaguars. Aircraft Carrier is meant to attack enemies . I think you know the strategic value of Aircraft Carriers . It contains around 2000 personnel . The Aircraft Carrier is our own land . If our Vikramaditya is in Pacific Ocean, US needs to take permission to fly by . So Aircraft carrier has nothing to do in protecting our shores as we have better options . The probable reason why some Aircraft Carriers are on shore during war is they scare for an attack on carrier or it may not be ready for war.

Vikramaditya takes 25 hours to move a distance of 1500 kms which can be completed by aircrafts with in hours .These days are completely different our enemies have got handful of something called Anti Ship Cruise Missiles . So surviving is the most . For that we need better jammers , so EW versions aircrafts and powerful jammers are mandatory for carriers. Also it needs LRTR radar for tracking the threats . To survive one technique is stealth which cannot made for Aircraft carriers now . The other option is Jammers which we are going to buy . The secured way is to make our asset to be as distant as possible from enemy so that we can be out of their threats. Mean whole the aircrafts on board can complete mission with in 8 hours . Thus Range matters .

Aircrafts can be modified based on our operational capabilities, not a problem at all.

Not at all easy man. Ski jump & catapult jets are very much different, otherwise we would have gone for Rafale M than Mik-29K

Not at all easy man. Ski jump & catapult jets are very much different, otherwise we would have gone for Rafale M than Mik-29K

Do you think when the navy issues RFI the vendor would not mention it can make the aircraft suit our needs?

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom