What's new

Question regarding PAF Academic Eligiblity

Preacher

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
AOA sir I always wanted to join PAF or Pak Army. But unfortunately, I scored below %50 marks in F.Sc and unable to improve now so my question is is there any chance I can join forces as a commissioned officer after my 14 years of education? There is a clause that "No Grade D throughout academic career " for PMA but does it also apply for PAF Commission Courses too?

Please ease my pain I am really confused. Thanks <3

Walaikum Salam!

I am sharing information according to your situation:

Pakistan_Army_Emblem.png
Pakistan Army

1. JCO ( Junior Commissioned Officer) Naib Khateeb:
You can join Pakistan Army as a Junior Commissioned Officer.
Requires 20-28 years of age, Dars-e-Nizami from HEC registered Madrasah/FA/FSc. Age relaxation available for already serving soldiers is 22-35 years of age provided they have served for at least 1 year and not more than 16 years. Height 5f 6 inches
Check advertisement below.
join-pak-army-soldier-naib-khateeb.jpg

2. PMA Long Course:
If you had got at least 50% marks in your FA/FSc and then 60% marks in your BA/BSc or 14 years equivalent, then you could have applied in PMA Long Course. Soldiers who want to apply in Long Course also need to have at least 50% in their FA/FSc. There is relaxation in FA/FSc marks (55% required) for candidates who want to apply for Long Course and belong to Balochistan, FATA, Gilgit-Baltistan, District Neelum Azad Jammu Kashmir, District Kohistan, Chitral, Dir, Tehsil Balakot (Kaghan, Naran) of District Mansehra in KPK, Tharparker and Tehsil Umer Kot in Sindh, District Rajanpur, Area of Cholistan Desert, Drawar Fort, Salamsar, Mojgarh and Dingarh of Punjab. Besides being domicile holders of the above mentioned areas, the candidate must have actually been studying in the same areas.

3. Graduate Course:
Then there is a Graduate Course in Pakistan Army that requires at least 14 years of education to be eligible to apply. You SHOULD SCORE at least 60% marks in your BA/BSc/BCS or any qualification equivalent to 14 years. But here they require 50% marks in intermediate that you don`t have.

4. DSSC (Direct Short Service Commission):
Now there is DSSC (Direct Short Service Commission) in Pakistan Army where you can apply for the following:

A. Army Education Corps (AEC) with MA/MSc/BS (4 years) in education in following disciplines:- ● Mathematics ● Physics ● Computer Science ● English ● Political Science ● History ● Urdu ● Economics ● Islamic Studies ● Arabic ● Management Science ● Geography/ GIS.
Requires 28 years of age and Minimum 60% marks in annual system or 2.5 CGPA in science subjects and 50% marks or 2.0 CGPA in Arts subjects from HEC recognized university as a regular student. No 3rd Division through the academic career i.e Matric to MA/MSc/BS. Candidates must have attained the entire education (Matric till MA/MSc/BS) as a regular student

B. Corps of Ordnance (Ord) with BE/ BS education in following disciplines: - ● Metallurgy Engineering ● Textile/ Leather Technology ● Plastic/ Wood Technology ● Chemical Engineering
Requires 28 years of age and Minimum 60% marks in annual system or 2.5 CGPA in science subjects and 50% marks or 2.0 CGPA in Arts subjects from HEC recognized university as a regular student. No 3rd Division through the academic career i.e Matric to MA/MSc/BS. Candidates must have attained the entire education (Matric till MA/MSc/BS) as a regular student

C. Psychologist
with M.Sc Psychology.
Requires 28 years of age and Minimum 60% marks in annual system or 2.5 CGPA in science subjects and 50% marks or 2.0 CGPA in Arts subjects from HEC recognized university as a regular student. No 3rd Division through the academic career i.e Matric to MA/MSc/BS. Candidates must have attained the entire education (Matric till MA/MSc/BS) as a regular student Minimum CGPA 2 out of 4 or 50% marks in annual system for Psychology.

D. Corps of Remount Veterinary and Farms Officer (RV&FC) Corps of Remount Veterinary and Farms Officer (RV&FC)
with DVM or equivalent degree Registered with PVMC ► MSc (Hons) / M Phil (in relevant disciplines) will be given preference
Civilians 28 Years Serving VASs of RV&FC 21-35 Years

E. Information, Communication & Technology Officers (ICTO) with Software Engineering Computer Engineering Computer Science System Engineering Information Technology Information Security Cyber Security GIS & Remote Sensing Geo Informatics / Geomatics
Desirable/Preferred if (1) MS/Msc (18 yrs of edn) in above mentioned disciplines with min of 2.5 CGPA. (2) 1-2 Software Development/ ERP Projects. (3) 1-2 yrs experience in Software Development / ERP / GIS Projects / Information Security assignments include NW and System Management. (4) Expertise in Java, PHP, NET and related technology.
Requires 28 years of age Minimum 16 years of formal education (BS/BE) in above mentioned disciplines from PEC/ HEC recognized institutions of Pak / abroad with a minimum CGPA of 2.5 out of 4.0 or minimum 62.5% marks in annual system. (2) No 3rd Division / Grade D and only one 2nd Division/ Grade C throughout the academic career. (3) The applicant must have completed 4 years Engineering Degree in above mentioned disciplines irrespective of MSc/ MCS. (4) Candidates only graduated from HEC/ PEC recognized universities or foreign universities recognized by PEC.

Pakistan_Air_Force_Official_Logo_White_Background.jpg
Pakistan Air Force

1. JCO (Junior Commissioned Officer)/Education Instructor:
If you are in too much hurry and want to join PAF after graduation (14 years of education), you can apply for Education Instructor. However, this is a JCO (Junior Commissioned Officer) route and is a little below than the Commissioned Officers.You will teach airmen and be basically an officer airman category.
Have a look at this advertisement:
paf-education-teacher-jobs-2020.gif

2. SSC= Short Service Commission/SPSSC= Special Purpose Short Service Commission:
There is a graduate entry(SSC= Short Service Commission/SPSSC= Special Purpose Short Service Commission) in PAF but they need 16 years of education. You can apply in Met Branch, Logistics Branch, Education Branch, Accounts Branch, Air Defence, Engineering Branch and Admin & Special Duties Branch.

All the above branches have their own specific needs. But you need to start studying now.
Have a look at this advertisement.
150GDP.jpg

suggestion-4300902_960_720.jpg

Have you ever thought about joining Pakistan Navy Because It suits You!?

213514.png
Pakistan Navy

SSC (Short Service Commission):

1. Operations Branch (Aviation, Submarine SSG(N) & Marine):

Requires:
Graduation (14 years of education or above) from HEC recognized university with a minimum of 45% marks.
Must have obtained at least 45% marks in F.Sc / equivalent with Physics and Maths.
Citizen of Pakistan, Age: Upto 26 years, Height: 5'4"

2. Supply Branch:

Requires: Minimum 50% marks in B.Com/ BBA (SCM) / M.Com/ MA Economics / MBA (Marketing/Finance) from HEC recognized institutes /university. Citizen of Pakistan
Age: Upto 26 years (On the first day of month in which a candidate joins the training establishment or a specific date promulgated by NHQ) Height: 5'4" for Male 5’ for Female

3. Education Branch:
Requires: At least 2nd Division MA/M.Sc/BE/Equivalent(16 years of Education) in one of the following disciplines from HEC recognized institutes university.
- Mathematics
- Pak Studies
- Islamic Studies
- Physics
- Chemistry
- Psychology
- other (that is given in the Advertisement)

Age: 20 to 26 years years (On the first day of month in which a candidate joins the training establishment or a specific date promulgated by NHQ) Height: 5'4" Male 5’ Female

Wish you luck for your future! Keep Smiling! :)
Fi Amanillah!
Pakistan Zindabad!:pakistan:

Last edited:
Thanks a lot for the amazing response! yes I have thought of joining PN but that's my last option. I have a question for you as you mentioned I can apply in DSSC in Pak Army does it mean the "No Grade D through academic career " clause does not apply here for my F.Sc? Also, does this clause also apply to PAF Courses?

I really appreciate your detailed reply. I wish I could leave you feedback <3

Thanks a lot for the amazing response! yes I have thought of joining PN but that's my last option. I have a question for you as you mentioned I can apply in DSSC in Pak Army does it mean the "No Grade D through academic career " clause does not apply here for my F.Sc? Also, does this clause also apply to PAF Courses? <3

DSSC requires "No 3rd Division through the academic career i.e Matric to MA/MSc/BS."
I don`t think it applies to PAF courses otherwise they would have mentioned it in the advertisement. Actually, every arm( army, navy and air force) and its different courses have its own eligibility criteria. Just go through the requirements of a post and if it doesn`t mention anything as "No Grade D through academic career" then you need not to worry.
Whatever you choose to do, just be mindful of the age limits. Some courses like Operations Branch (Aviation, Submarine SSG(N) & Marine) in Pakistan Navy that you are eligible for, can go out of hand if you get overage.

DSSC requires "No 3rd Division through the academic career i.e Matric to MA/MSc/BS."
I don`t think it applies to PAF courses otherwise they would have mentioned it in the advertisement. Actually, every arm( army, navy and air force) and its different courses have its own eligibility criteria. Just go through the requirements of a post and if it doesn`t mention anything as "No Grade D through academic career" then you need not to worry.
Whatever you choose to do, just be mindful of the age limits. Some courses like Operations Branch (Aviation, Submarine SSG(N) & Marine) in Pakistan Navy that you are eligible for, can go out of hand if you get overage.
Hi ivan. My intermediate percentage is below 43%. But i have maintained 3cgpa+ in University recognized by hec.
Am i eligible for ssc in air force Short service commission admin Branch?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom