What's new

Queen Sends Off UK's Largest Warship As It Set Sails For South China Sea; To Halt In India

or colonize you again? :rofl:

Naw - Sahib ain't comin' back. Either to fix the coke machine or else. They saw the mess in India during the recent COVID and said, "no way". The place is far worse than they left it.

To be honest - colonizer or else, they ran it a lot better a hundred years ago than Modi is doing right now - in spite of Indians ranting and raving about colonial past. They got tired of the habitual Indian mess-makers and finally left, leaving it to the Indians.

They have an active service ship called HMS Duke of Edinburgh?

Oops sorry - my bad, I got confused. The 2nd Queen Elizabeth class aircraft carrier is named after her son, not her husband. HMS Prince of Wales (R09) is the second Queen Elizabeth-class aircraft carrier.

Maybe the third will be named after her husband - HMS Duke of Edinburgh. The previous ship using that name was decommissioned and sold for scrap in 1920.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HMS_Duke_of_Edinburgh

Last edited:
Outside of the Ford class of aircraft carriers - there is no other carrier type that is more sophisticated than the QE class.

Going for non-nuclear means we will have cheaper lifespan costs and of course, decomissioning costs.

I do think the UK will go for more aircraft carriers once Tempest matures, and we have a naval version with coventional take off and landing capabilities.
Actually QE class aircraft carrier is only a floating platform. Without the F-35 vertical take off , it is nothing.

It cannot allow AWACS to take off.

CV-17 has arrestor hook system. Meaning it can recovered heavy aircraft or conventional aircraft as long as it has arrestor hook. Even France couldn't build such system and need to buy from US for their sole nuclear aircraft carrier.

Naw - Sahib ain't comin' back. Either to fix the coke machine or else. They saw the mess in India during the recent COVID and said, "no way". The place is far worse than they left it.

To be honest - colonizer or else, they ran it a lot better a hundred years ago than Modi is doing right now - in spite of Indians ranting and raving about colonial past. They got tired of the habitual Indian mess-makers and finally left, leaving it to the Indians.

This will make proud hinduvta bhakts mad, :rofl: But I agree with you that India under colonialism was run better

It cannot allow AWACS to take off.

They are planning to use VTOL drones for this, designed for extended high-altitude loiter time, using low aspect ratio glider type wings and hybrid quad rotors.

This is the Textron Aerosonde.

aerosonde_hq_image_1.jpg

May look something like this.

Last edited:
When? 20 years later?

Aerosonde is already in Service with USAF. Probably already commissioned with Royal Air Force too - I imagine.

Textron-Systems-Aerosonde-HQ.jpg

More and more recon and auxiliary defence functions will be allocated to UAV/Drone platforms going forward.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom