What's new

Prime Minister of Pakistan, lmran Khan visited Naval Headquarters, Islamabad

PM promises all resources to Navy to face imminent challenges

ISLAMABAD: Prime Minister Imran Khan on Monday vowed to provide all resources to Pakistan Navy for dealing with imminent challenges as he expressed confidence in its ability to defend the country’s maritime frontiers.

Mr Khan said this during his visit to the Naval Headquarters where he was briefed on maritime security challenges and Pakistan Navy’s perspective on development of the maritime sector.

“The prime minister greatly appreciated the professionalism and operational readiness of Pakistan Navy. The prime minister reposed complete confidence in the preparedness of Pakistan Navy in safeguarding country’s sea frontiers,” the PN media directorate said in a statement.

In his remarks, the prime minister particularly mentioned navy’s contribution to securing the country’s coast, Gwadar Port and CPEC projects.

Challenges to Pakistan’s maritime security have traditionally come from arch-rival India. The threats have, however, grown because of Chinese involvement in Gwadar Port and launch of CPEC as India considers Chinese presence a threat to its interest. Therefore, India is believed to have stepped up its activities in the region surrounding Gwadar to undermine the project.

The prime minister, PN media directorate said, acknowledged “Pakistan Navy’s contribution towards regional maritime security by contributing in international efforts and taking own initiatives”.

Chief of the Naval Staff Admiral Muhammad Amjad Khan Niazi thanked PM Khan for reposing confidence in navy and assured that it would continue to defend the country’s sea frontiers and maritime interests both during peace and war.

Sorry brothers you are not listening. Now I’ll ban for a couple of days.
Take your political arguments elsewhere.
I’ve asked nicely.

Last edited:
Look it is really not your fault. The education system has groomed you from the grounds up to have limited intellect. Your intellectual limitation is not by accident, rather it is by design. I can help you overcome the blocks placed on you. But you need to engage with me positively.

Actually i was engaging quite normally where did you find anything revolting in my post..

I had asked the you a question which is of most importance ...why are not (Politicians/Arms forces high command/boards and cabinets/Corp commanders) are not acting the way they always do...

You and i know the gimicks...the bribes ....the u-turn....but why o why! this has not happened (America Bahadur and Aaqa Saudi Arab insistence included).

Some points are to be pondered.
Sorry brothers you are not listening. Now I’ll ban for a couple of days.
Take your political arguments elsewhere.
I’ve asked nicely.

sorry i did not see..the post..that is why i replied...

can this mistake be ignored?
The prime minister, PN media directorate said, acknowledged “Pakistan Navy’s contribution towards regional maritime security by contributing in international efforts and taking own initiatives”.

So New tech Test should be on cards..

Actually i was engaging quite normally where did you find anything revolting in my post..

I had asked the you a question which is of most importance ...why are not (Politicians/Arms forces high command/boards and cabinets/Corp commanders) are not acting the way they always do...

You and i know the gimicks...the bribes ....the u-turn....but why o why! this has not happened (America Bahadur and Aaqa Saudi Arab insistence included).

Some points are to be pondered.

sorry i did not see..the post..that is why i replied...

can this mistake be ignored?

So New tech Test should be on cards..
The problem is 3 pages of political wrangling and mud slinging without paying any attention to the actual topic. I have gone through 3 pages and not found a single informative post.
For instance where is the Navy going with its next/development spurt.
We have seen the first spurt with 4 each of 054s and Milgem. What else is on the cards
We have now seen the next replacement of Orion which appears to be taking shape. I understand this will be labour and time intensive as well as require money.
The Jinnah class is the follow on from Milgem which needs designing and building. Then there is a ?follow on from Damen although I remain confused about what exactly is required there.
@Rafi has earlier talked about the refurb of Zulfiqar class which needs to happen to keep those boats relevant
The next question to ask is whether PN is going to start a forge/Steel plant forNaval grade steel or are we going to import it. If we need a small unit then that in its own will be quite an undertaking. However we will need it sooner or later as contrary to the lullabies the suppliers will sing to us, Naval grade steel is the basic requirement especially if one is looking at multiple platform manufacturing.
We will on a different level have to start a school of Naval architecture and design although I hear things are in hand there. Not forgetting the fact that all this development will require staff to run it So continued development requires a fair input of money. We may also require to build commercial and maritime vessels to further develop our marchantile marine branch. All in all Pakistan if it kickstarts this sphere of development will gain a lot from this investment.
A

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom