CFSf3NtWMAASjwG.jpg:large

CFSJrxdUkAE2-bs.jpg

11226551_10152757402682397_1557066029915083033_n.jpg

CFSJrxRUgAA_md1.jpg

10521093_10152757402322397_4305498124736959252_n.jpg

isb_may18e.jpg

isb_may18ae.jpg

isb_may18x.jpg

Walls have been made Bomb Proof as well...

Last edited:
Isn't that Islamabad airport?
It's a good step but I think they should've diverted the funds for early completion of the New Isloo International.
It's been going on for frickin decades.
NS said it should become operational by March 2015 but right now more reasonable date seems like December 2016.

Isn't that Islamabad airport?
It's a good step but I think they should've diverted the funds for early completion of the New Isloo International.
It's been going on for frickin decades.
NS said it should become operational by March 2015 but right now more reasonable date seems like December 2016.
exactly,

If they have spent billions of rupees in the new Islamabad International Airport which is due to be completed soon and takeover the load of Benazir Bhutto International Airport, what is the point of investing in this airport when it soon will be handed over to the Air Force (as far as I remember).

Save 45 crore and use it for early completion of New Islamabad International Airport.

What a waste of money

exactly,

If they have spent billions of rupees in the new Islamabad International Airport which is due to be completed soon and takeover the load of Benazir Bhutto International Airport, what is the point of investing in this airport when it soon will be handed over to the Air Force (as far as I remember).

Save 45 crore and use it for early completion of New Islamabad International Airport.

What a waste of money

It was announced that this Airport will remain operational even after completion of the new Islamabad Airport. Could be used for Domestic Airlines, VIP, or even for Foreign Delegation visits.

It was announced that this Airport will remain operational even after completion of the new Islamabad Airport. Could be used for Domestic, VIP, or even for Foreign Delegation visits.
right,

So what is the point of wasting billions of rupees for new Airport? Pakistan hardly have air-traffic like London where it would need multiple Airports to handle 150 million+ passengers per year.

Even if they planned to continue the flight from the old airport, it was the worst time to invest 45 crore when the New airport is going to be ready in few months time. They could have invested 2-3 years ago or awaited for couple of years until the success of New Islamabad International Airport.

Look at the passenger traffic in Islamabad, it's not even amongst the top 100 busiest airports in the world, I believe.

PS: If you see the upgrades, public toilets increased from 4 to 32 and car park space increased it sounds even funny that when the airport needed such facilities they were too little... and when perhaps 99% of the responsibilities of this airport will be handed over to New Islamabad International Airport, the facilities are being increased. It is also not true as more than 4 toilets exists in that airport since last 15 years

right,

So what is the point of wasting billions of rupees for new Airport? Pakistan hardly have air-traffic like London where it would need multiple Airports to handle 150 million+ passengers per year.

Even if they planned to continue the flight from the old airport, it was the worst time to invest 45 crore when the New airport is going to be ready in few months time. They could have invested 2-3 years ago or awaited for couple of years until the success of New Islamabad International Airport.

Look at the passenger traffic in Islamabad, it's not even amongst the top 100 busiest airports in the world, I believe.

PS: If you see the upgrades, public toilets increased from 4 to 32 and car park space increased it sounds even funny that when the airport needed such facilities they were too little... and when perhaps 99% of the responsibilities of this airport will be handed over to New Islamabad International Airport, the facilities are being increased. It is also not true as more than 4 toilets exists in that airport since last 15 years

Actually its saving than wasting.

The New Islamabad Airport was made small during PPP government (from 22 jet bridges to 9) and corruption practices increased the cost to almost Rs. 90 Billion. Rather than spending more money on a failed one city project better Upgrade the Old Rawalpindi, Lahore, Faisalabad, Quetta and Peshawar Airports and develop a New Gwadar Airport.

Last edited:
Actually its saving than wasting.

The New Islamabad Airport was made small during PPP government (from 22 jet bridges to 9) and corruption practices increased the cost to almost Rs. 90 Billion. Rather than spending more money on a failed one city project better Upgrade the Old Rawalpindi, Lahore, Faisalabad, Quetta and Peshawar Airports and develop a New Gwadar Airport.
apni political affiliation ke liye aap jo marzi kahain janab

Ab agar 30 billion rupees laga hi diye hain nai airport pe to uska istamal bhi karain. The only reason I see behind the expansion of old project is the inauguration by Nawaz Sharif so that he could claim one more project inaugurated by him.

What they expanded is the toilets, business lounge, car park and other pointless improvements which could have been beneficial when the airport needed it. Now the prime focus should only be on the new airport and think about upgrading old airports from other cities just like you said.

I won't be surprised if 90% of that money has gone into the pocket of PM's favourite friend as there was hardly no need to waste 45 crore, we had 10,000 better projects to use this money

This is Islamabad International Airport.
Not Rawalpindi Air Port!

apni political affiliation ke liye aap jo marzi kahain janab

Ab agar 30 billion rupees laga hi diye hain nai airport pe to uska istamal bhi karain. The only reason I see behind the expansion of old project is the inauguration by Nawaz Sharif so that he could claim one more project inaugurated by him.

What they expanded is the toilets, business lounge, car park and other pointless improvements which could have been beneficial when the airport needed it. Now the prime focus should only be on the new airport and think about upgrading old airports from other cities just like you said.

I won't be surprised if 90% of that money has gone into the pocket of PM's favourite friend as there was hardly no need to waste 45 crore, we had 10,000 better projects to use this money

The Faujis are making more money than anyone else right now. In the 90s Instead of going with Shahbaz Sharif's plan to make an Airport in Kala Shah Kaku they built a smaller one in Lahore Cantt today surrounded by Askari Housing Schemes and Defence Housing. Even the Peshawar Airport is ill planned. Its under Air Force control and built right in the center of city cutting of Railway Line. The New Islamabad is the same old story. Before the airport was built a number of Fauji owned Housing Schemes developed and marketed. If there is one successful airport in this country its in Karachi, developed by Nawaz government in the 90s, the biggest in size and hub of PIA

The Faujis are making more money than anyone else right now. In the 90s Instead of going with Shahbaz Sharif's plan to make an Airport in Kala Shah Kaku they built a smaller one in Lahore Cantt
So it gives automatic right for N League to also do some more corruption? This discussion has nothing to do with my objections raised earlier
today surrounded by Askari Housing Schemes and Defence Housing. Even the Peshawar Airport is ill planned. Its under Air Force control and built right in the center of city cutting of Railway Line. The New Islamabad is the same old story. Before the airport was built a number of Fauji owned Housing Schemes developed and marketed.

In most countries in the world, the major airports are built outside the main city center. Once again I would like to give an example of London.

We have 5 airports in London.

1) London City Airport - the smallest one with limited flights and the only Airport technically in London

2) London Southend Airport --- About 40 miles away from London in the city of Southend, county of Essex
3) London Luton Airport --- About 30 miles away from Central London, in the city of Luton, count of Bedfordshire
4) London Gatwick --- 30 miles away from Central London, Crawley, County of West Sussex
5) London Heathrow --- About 12 miles away from Central London, on the suburbs of London and historically part of count of Middlesex.

Same example if true for Paris and most of the major cities I can remember. The bottom line is, you usually build airport outside the major cities to avoid congestion, swift transportation for neighbouring cities and various other reasons. Each airport tend to create thousands of jobs if not hundreds of thousands and play a key role in the development of that area. In London for example the chain of 5 airports brought employment for millions of people and most of the industrial areas are located nearby these airports. It also meant it has best road infrastructure linking with the airport and in future play a key role for Greater Lahore or Greater Islamabad in our example

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom