What's new

[Gallery] Iranian Armed Forces

IS this some ethnic group of Iran?? Is it Army, Navy or Airforce? I am confused.
lol they're wearing their ethnic clothing. They're Turkmens.

And they're basij forces. In that parade (can't remember from which year), basij forces from every province wore their ethnic clothes.

--------------------------

Some pics of NAJA (Police)

160835859_PhotoL.jpg

696647_orig.jpg

120644125_PhotoL.jpg

13900713161302_PhotoL.jpg

Ok very nice pics! Iran is very diverse! I love military men! Some of the Iranian men in the pics are cute!! :yahoo:
lol yeah
I always say "we're diverse" blah blah, but last week I got shocked a bit myself.

This white guy, and I mean WHITE as in a polish/scandinavian dude, with the most gorgeous handlebar mustache walks up to me and starts talking fluent Farsi! I was looking at him so weird that he said he's actually Iranian. Imagine a Swedish blonde guy with a thick black mustache talking fluent Farsi in a Esfahani accent lmao

This video is really funny. The black guy is talking about his experience in Tehran and how everybody was like wtf when they found out he's Iranian.

Last edited by a moderator:
This video is really funny. The black guy is talking about his experience in Tehran and how everybody was like wtf when they found out he's Iranian.

LOL he is Gholom Siya, he is very famous man. But I barely understand what he is saying in that Bandari accent.

Last edited by a moderator:
No, 200 is not a correct answer and your 400 meters comment shows your knowledge in the field....these numbers are only a preference range when it comes to zeroing your scope and what works great for you and your rifles capabilities in respect to type of shooting you are doing.
Now on you on your first question were referring to adjusting your AK-47s iron sights then you should know that there is only one proper way that can be done which is not known to many. It is spelled out in AK translated service manual and it works great if all the steps are followed (which is not easy) Most people follow the "Afghan manual" that was provided by the Soviets and furthermore do not know how to aim/use the AK bullhorn sights properly.

Back to topic.

If You zero your sight at 25 meter shots, then Line sight of sight and bullet trajectory cross eachother at 200meter. Since you cannot adjust your sight in a battle, you have to use default one. Default (or battle) sight is 200 meter according to my Turkish military handbook. In the AK-47 200 meter is 2nd line in the rear sight. You adjust your sight to give angle to your barrel. Line of sight remains same. Show me the afghan manual.

Let me explain a bit further:
- If you have pistol, and target is at 50 meter. You aim at upper middle, providing the target is immobile. Reason: Bullet's height drops as it goes far away, in most cases after going beyon 25-30 meters.
- If you have ak-47 and your rear sight set to 2, and target is 50 meter. you aim at lower middle, providing the target is immobile. The cartridge will head upwards first and will only drop after passing 100 meters.

Added: About zeroing, you have the target in 25 meter while your rear sight at 2. You have to aim at the bottom middle.

LOL he is Gholom Siya, he is very famous man. But I barely understand what he is saying in that Bandari accent.
lmao we're horrible people
we're like a nation of diff colours and looks, but we still point out differences. The funny part is that for the most part nobody's even offended by it lmao

I once heard an IRIB news anchor call an East Asian guy "cheshm badoomi" on live TV!!! I was choking on my tea and my dad's looking at me like I'm a retard. This is why I love IRan. Nobody's racist at all, but at the same time the notion of political correctness simply doesn't even exist.

And yeah, till 0:50 I don't understand jack ****. I think he's talking in some other language (has to be arabic?).

lmao we're horrible people
we're like a nation of diff colours and looks, but we still point out differences. The funny part is that for the most part nobody's even offended by it lmao

I once heard an IRIB news anchor call an East Asian guy "cheshm badoomi" on live TV!!! I was choking on my tea and my dad's looking at me like I'm a retard. This is why I love IRan. Nobody's racist at all, but at the same time the notion of political correctness simply doesn't even exist.

And yeah, till 0:50 I don't understand jack ****. I think he's talking in some other language (has to be arabic?).

What does this mean buddy? :P

------------------------------------------------

EDIT: Nevermind, I just used Google and found the answer.

We don't have any such offensive words for Iranians though, I guess the thought just never crossed our minds.

Though we have rude words for pretty much everyone else. :D

Lol Literally it means Almond eyes, because eyes are shaped like an almond. Also it is not offensive, in Iran having almond eyes is seen as a positive. It is used as a complement mostly. Even if you look at Persian paintings, the women are usually drawn with slanted eyes as that is seen as more appealing.

For example:
Hasht-Behesht_Palace_santur.jpg

395631805_9b2c5129b7.jpg

He is from Bandar Abbas. It isn't Arabic, it is the Persian dialect they speak in that region. Very different to standard Persian.

------------------------------------------------

EDIT: Nevermind, I just used Google and found the answer.

We don't have any such offensive words for Iranians though, I guess the thought just never crossed our minds.

Though we have rude words for pretty much everyone else. :D
lol it's not offensive as Shahin said. It took me a long time to accept this fact. Having been living in the West for the past 12 years, I've grown up with this culture and I could never accept that "almond eyes" wasn't offensive. Then I figured out that political correctness simply doesn't exist. The whole notion is literally non-existent. People don't associate these old expressions as offensive. You often hear expressions like this and they're old as the language and have become part of the culture.

btw, in our culture small is beautiful (small nose etc...) while in Eastern culture big is better (big eyes and nose) so... Many Iranian paintings show women with small eyes btw

here are two "old" Iranian songs called Cheshm Badoomi (almond eyes) and they're talking about the beauty of an almond eye girl
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2P4SwT4Wu3E
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=15WKQkwPMHI

edit: lol at the songs. Can't believe how **** songs were during my parent's generation. They're so cheesy. And lol at the unicorn and rainbow on Morteza's album cover

If You zero your sight at 25 meter shots, then Line sight of sight and bullet trajectory cross eachother at 200meter.

Yes, the 7.62X39 mm round has the same MOA (minutes of angle) at 25 and 200 meters….this is why you zero your iron sight at 25 meters where you can see where you hitting on the target so you can make the correct adjustments. Zeroing your rifle at 200 meters would be next to impossible and waste of rounds since you can’t see that far where you hitting.
Maybe you misunderstand the difference between zeroing your rifle and setting your rifle to range in the field.

When you zero your rifle following the proper procedures per AK-47 service manual and using the correct front sight adjusting tool for windage and elevation….once this is done your rifle is zeroed for the rest of its service life unless for some reason the front sight gets moved say by dropping your rifle or some other damage.

In the field you can adjust (not zero) your rifle by setting the rear sight for the range you are firing at….as you know 1 (100 meters) 2 (200 meters) and so on.
These are two different things.

Also, AK bullhorn sights are designed to be used with target in sight…..meaning you keep the target between the two horns and the front sight bellow the target (rear sight lined up with front) instead of normal rifle sights that when aimed properly the front sight obscures the target.

Since you cannot adjust your sight in a battle, you have to use default one. Default (or battle) sight is 200 meter according to my Turkish military handbook.

Not correct, battle setting on your AK is when you pull the rear site all the way back beyond 1……throw that Turkish manual away, will get you killed, the 2 setting is not battle setting however, battle setting and number 2 setting on the rear site is very close in elevation but not the same
The reason for a battle sight setting is to eliminate having to adjust the sights in a hot combat situation where making adjustments isn't possible.
Set on the battle sight setting allows getting a hit on a man at any range from 0 to 300 meters by simply sighting on the center of his chest, which is the biggest target.
At close range, the bullet will hit high in the chest, at longer ranges it'll hit lower, but you'll get a hit without having to adjust the sights.
Fine sight adjustments were for when the soldier had time to adjust and needed to shoot at longer, known ranges.

The AK and most older combat rifles were designed for use by poorly trained soldiers who couldn't be relied on to properly set their sights, so it was easier to simply order them to "set the sight all the way back".

In the AK-47 200 meter is 2nd line in the rear sight. You adjust your sight to give angle to your barrel. Line of sight remains same.

No argument there

Show me the afghan manual.

You can google it but here is part of it.

From the GMRMI Afghan training manual:

AK-47s use a front post site and rear notch sites (as normally issued). Some have peep sites in the rear. The rear sight has an elevation knob with range indicators from 100 to 1000 meters. Elevation is controlled by moving the slide in the up or down position. Most AK sights do not have a windage adjustment on the rear sight, so you must adjust the front sight instead. The following procedure will establish a zero at 25 meters, and your AK-47 will be set with a 1000 meter battle sight zero. This means that all shots will be within a 41 centimeter circle at all ranges up to 1000 meters:

1. Obtain a US 25 meter zeroing target, or use a make shift white piece of paper with a 5 centimeter box or circle in it. Mount this target on something solid, and place it at 25 meters.
2. Slide the spring loaded catcher down until the range scale 1 (100-meter) mark is aligned with the spring loaded catcher. This establishes “mechanical zero” for the rifle.
3. Carefully aim and fire each shot of a 3-shot group at a paper target set up at 25 meters. If your shots are not striking the point-of-aim, then adjust your sights. The front sight post can be screwed in or out of its base to adjust for elevation. The wrench in the combination tool kit is used for this purpose. Lateral zeroing is done by moving the cylindrical front sight post mount from side to side using the lateral zeroing tool.
4. Moving the front sight slide to the left, right, up or down 1 millimeter changes the strike of the bullet 26cm at 100 meters. One full turn on the front sight post moves the strike of the bullet 20cm when firing at 100 meters.
5. To raise the next shot group, rotate the front sight post in the down direction (clockwise).
6. To lower the next shot group, rotate the front sight post in the up direction (counter-clockwise).
7. If the strike of the bullet is to the left of the control point, the slide of the front sight should be moved to the left; if to the right, to the right.
8. Continue to fire 3-shot groups and adjust the sights until you have a tight group at the point of aim.
9. Once this is done, rifle is now combat-zeroed: all other ranges on the elevation knob are also zeroed, so to engage target at 500 meters, turn the spring loaded catcher to 5.
10. Russian troops routinely zero at 25 meters with rear site at 200 meter setting, as these ranges comprise the bulk of the AK-47's performance window, and where you'll more than likely end up using it. Zeroing at 25 meters with rear ramp set at 200 meters yields point of impcts identical at 25 and 200. Impacts between those ranges will be slightly higher - expect at 100 meters to be 8-12 cms higher.

Ammunition

Use only clean, unrusty ammunition. There are many manufacturers of AK-47 ammunition: Russian, Chinese, European, Pakistani, Arab, and Afghan. Generally speaking:
If the bullet has a green tip, then it is “tracer” ammunition.
If it has a black tip, then it is armor piercing.
If it has a black tip with a red ring at its base, then it is armor piercing incendiary (fire starting).
Keep some tracer ammunition handy: it is useful for marking enemy positions for other shooters, but be advised: it gives away your position, too.

Magazines
Inspect your magazines – make sure that the feed lips that guide ammunition into the chamber are undented, and that ammunition feeds properly. If the magazine is difficult to load, throw it away. If it does not seat in the magazine well, throw it away. If it badly dented, throw it away. Keep your magazines clean and periodically disassemble them and lightly lubricate the springs.

Noise control

AK-47s make a distinctive “CLICK” when they come off safe. If you are trying to act quietly, slowly move the selector to whatever position you desire. This is one of the AK-47s weaknesses compared to the US M-16 rifle: it is noisy coming off SAFE. And you need to take your right hand off the trigger grip to do so.

nothing to add, just some more points for the others:

In a combat situation where two targets appear at 50m distance and 300m distance, your best bet is 200m battle sight. The case in which on target firing the shot from an apartment building at 50 meter, and the other firing the shot from a hill/mountain at 300 meter.

200 meter battle sight with correct aiming hits the both target with a few cm miscalculation. Within 300 meter, 200m battlesight gives the maximum 10 cm height and maximum 20cm depth. To hit 50m target, aim lower point; to hit 300 meter target pray to Allah.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom