What's new

Philippines Defence Forum

Today you can find a lot of Manpads producer around the world in market, like RBS 70 of Sweden, Chiron from South Korea, Mistral missile from France, Starstreak from UK, Anza from Pakistan, Igla from Russia and so on. Don't depend yourself to US too much.

Yup, we can't depend all the time to the US specially that we will only get inferior weapons from them. For now, MANPADS is not yet on the PH's shopping lists but with the wide selection of MANPADS out there, maybe soon we would procure such weapons.

If I were given the chance to upgrade the two Del Pilar-class frigates, I would rather put two SeaRAMs on the port and starboard side of the ship and a Phalanx CIWS behind the 76mm gun. This would give the ship anti-air defense capability as well as capability to counter any incoming anti-ship missiles.

There's no room for SeaRAMS from the sides look here
10462949_710404355673732_6829982805831404525_n.jpg

instead the Mk.38 Mod.2 MGS will be put there from both sides. Whats interesting is that the new frigates that's being bid atm will have a strong influence on the choices of weapon and surveilance system on the GDP class as the bid on the ship and weapons are split (para isa nalang) we can buy it in bulk to save money.

I just hope they go for SeaRAM rather than phalanx

Maybe we could also buy BTR-T and BMPT from them so that we no longer have to deploy Simba APCs and V-150s when something like the Zamboanga siege happens again; the BMPT is very suitable for urban operations like the said siege.

Philippines are interested in Russian BMP-3F
20/06/2014
Military-Industrial Courier
bmp-3f_001.t.jpg

Russia and the Philippines are discussing the possibility of delivery to the Asian country the Russian infantry fighting vehicle BMP-3F. The journalists at the International Salon of weapons "Eurosatory 2014" Deputy General Director of "Rosoboronexport" Igor Sevastyanov.

"We are working with the country on the BMP-3F. The specific results are reported later,"- he said.

Deputy director recalled that recently the Philippine government announced several rearmament programs, including for the protection of the country's coastline.

BMP-3F is a version of the basic machine, designed for the Marine Corps. It can also be used coastguards and border troops. BMP-3F is used to fighting in the coastal zone, on the coast, landing at sea.

In armament includes basic machine 100mm gun, twin 30-mm gun, anti-tank guided missile (ATGM), 7.62 mm machine gun. BMP-3F is served by a crew of three and can carry seven troops.
Let's not waste our time alam mo naman pag sinabing "interested" walang patutunguhan. But of course why not diba but the army already has aquired the 100+M113s plus and another 28 upgraded. The upgraded M113 will be on here on 1st Q of 2015 and it will look like this

53414081.jpg

:guns::guns:

20/06/2014
bmp-3f_001.t.jpg

Russia and the Philippines are discussing the possibility of delivery to the Asian country the Russian infantry fighting vehicle BMP-3F. The journalists at the International Salon of weapons "Eurosatory 2014" Deputy General Director of "Rosoboronexport" Igor Sevastyanov.

"We are working with the country on the BMP-3F. The specific results are reported later,"- he said.

Deputy director recalled that recently the Philippine government announced several rearmament programs, including for the protection of the country's coastline.

BMP-3F is a version of the basic machine, designed for the Marine Corps. It can also be used coastguards and border troops. BMP-3F is used to fighting in the coastal zone, on the coast, landing at sea.

In armament includes basic machine 100mm gun, twin 30-mm gun, anti-tank guided missile (ATGM), 7.62 mm machine gun. BMP-3F is served by a crew of three and can carry seven troops.
Let's not waste our time alam mo naman pag sinabing "interested" walang patutunguhan. But of course why not diba but the army already has aquired the 100+M113s plus and another 28 upgraded. The upgraded M113 will be on here on 1st Q of 2015 and it will look like this

53414081.jpg

I did posted here a suggestion for the BMP-3 for the PH Marine Corps to replace the LAV-300 and LVTH-6 while the suggestion for the BMPT and/or BTR-T is of the PH Army. :)

This option could be possible for a future frigate acquisition or we can mount it in the Peacock-class vessels we have since the Kriegsmarine's Gepard-class fast attack craft has SeaRAM and is about the same size as the Peacock-class the PH Navy have and because it had undergone extensive upgrades, my guess is that the SeaRAM could be mounted onto this corvette.

@Zero_wing @Ayan81 @Bienvenido

The three Peacock-class corvette was sold to us back in the late 90s, is it possible that we can reproduce this ship?

No need to upgrade it, just let it be. I don't see any reason to upgrade cuz there's no room unlike the GDP class.

Why doesn't the Philippine Army just execute this terrorist ?

What are the armaments of the BRP Ramon Alcaraz and the BRP Gregorio Del Pilar ?

Why doesn't the Philippine Army just execute this terrorist ? Because there's this two things called religion and politics:-)

20/06/2014
bmp-3f_001.t.jpg

53414081.jpg

BMP-3F is a good complement for your SSV fleet in near future, that's what i can say. Coupled with their tremendous firepower and mobility they will give your marines a valuable protection and fire support ashore to suppress your enemy movement in the ground.

BMP-3F is a good complement for your SSV fleet in near future, that's what i can say. Coupled with their tremendous firepower and mobility they will give your marines a valuable protection and fire support ashore to suppress your enemy movement in the ground.

The Phil Marine choose the AAV7 platform for their amphibious vehicle on the 2 upcoming SSV ordered from indonesia. A korean firm was chosen to provide KAAV7A1 amphibious assault vehicle, but problems occur due to technical issues on the bid. Until now there's no news, its either the PMC choose the AAV7 or look for other tanks like the BMP-3F. A combination of both is a good idea as the BMP-3 offer fire support role.

You guys have BMP-3 and AAV7's right?

20/06/2014
bmp-3f_001.t.jpg

53414081.jpg

Looks like a good opportunity for the Philippine Army and Philippine Marines. Good Luck!

I guess but we have a problem we have filipino victims on that plane crash and we are one of the nation calling for investigation

I guess it is possible to arm them with a modified MANPADS just to give the vessel minimum air-defense capabilities but for now we have no MANPADS in service. Maybe we could look into Japan because I doubt Uncle Sam would give us Stingers.

If the Peacock-class (Jacinto-class) will be replace, is there by chance that this will be transferred to the Coast Guard? We need every assets availavble now just to maintain the capability to patrol PH waters and territories while the Navy gets newer ships.

I guess but that would be a long time before it happens so it will be updraged but following the current defense plan the priority is familiarization then replacement of older vessels and the priority is the frigates which we only have three the two Goyo (Gregorio del pilar class and the only surviving Datu Kalantiaw class the Rajah Humabon so following said plan the current credible defense plan it calls for Frigates Occean going thats why we bought the Goyo class to have updgrade capabilities and familiarization for the first of the two Frigates we are going to get by the end of Aquino Administration and the rest is a SSVs (stratigic sealift vessels) more MACPACs new OPVs new Corvettes, new Auxillary vessels, new Naval Helicopters and Naval Aircraft for the Navy air group and lastly items and equipment for the marines.

And on the subject of giving America can but the government has to pay for the items because its not a big ticket item like ships and aircraft and besides from what i can sense on the Americans they put money on countries who they are not popular with them like Pakistan to boost somehow thier credits with said countries anyway for the stingers we buy we can but in limited numbers and the Ammo would be problem but if the plan goes well GA would probably produce ammo and weapons and other items under license but like the modernization process its slow so its other wait and see.

Last edited:
The Phil Marine choose the AAV7 platform for their amphibious vehicle on the 2 upcoming SSV ordered from indonesia. A korean firm was chosen to provide KAAV7A1 amphibious assault vehicle, but problems occur due to technical issues on the bid. Until now there's no news, its either the PMC choose the AAV7 or look for other tanks like the BMP-3F. A combination of both is a good idea as the BMP-3 offer fire support role.

You guys have BMP-3 and AAV7's right?

yes, have both of them surely help the Marines. AAV-7 is a good platform for their battle taxi roles, and BMP-3F giving them fire support while in amphibious landing operations. In the sky, the Navy will attached an rocket pod armed version of Bo-105 to giving them sufficient CAS.

yes, have both of them surely help the Marines. AAV-7 is a good platform for their battle taxi roles, and BMP-3F giving them fire support while in amphibious landing operations. In the sky, the Navy will attached an rocket pod armed version of Bo-105 to giving them sufficient CAS.

Yes because you guys have both thanks for the inputs but i think my government for now is sticking with V300 and the V150s or the M117 probably but again no official bids yet just the AAV7s

Yup, we can't depend all the time to the US specially that we will only get inferior weapons from them. For now, MANPADS is not yet on the PH's shopping lists but with the wide selection of MANPADS out there, maybe soon we would procure such weapons.
Maybe we could look into Japan because I doubt Uncle Sam would give us Stingers.
Don't blame the US for the weapon quality, it's well known that US made weapon is the most expensive to procure. I think, expecting free top of the line of weapon is a bit much, unless your country have great strategic importance (Pakistan, Afgan, Egypt) or Israel. I seriously don't believe and see no reason at all why US will reject PH purchase if they really want to pay. After all, PH government always have the chance to buy from the EU/Korea anytime they ready to pay up using cash/loan.

Don't blame the US for the weapon quality, it's well known that US made weapon is the most expensive to procure. I think, expecting free top of the line of weapon is a bit much, unless your country have great strategic importance (Pakistan, Afgan, Egypt) or Israel. I seriously don't believe and see no reason at all why US will reject PH purchase if they really want to pay. After all, PH government always have the chance to buy from the EU/Korea anytime they ready to pay up using cash/loan.

May be in the past but now no because we bought FA50 the Americans did not say anything in fact china was trying to block the deal but luckly for us our Korean allies were loyal to us and honor the agreement

Back
Top Bottom