What's new

Pakistan’s private defence industry clashes with government over regulations

Turkey, Azerbaijan, Pakistan, Malaysia, Indonesia (and maybe Qatar) should build Joint defense companies. All countries should equally invest in R&D to build weapon instead of buying from West or China. ONE Defense COMPANY with each country with 20% share (or 16.66% share if Qatar is including). Start with making Small arms & ammunition and then start with other projects including Armored Vehicles, Tanks, Naval defense (Missile boats, Corvette, Frigate and Destroyer), fighter and trainer, Unmanned aerial vehicle, Aeronautics and Space

Turkey, Azerbaijan, Pakistan, Malaysia, Indonesia (and maybe Qatar) should build Joint defense companies. All countries should equally invest in R&D to build weapon instead of buying from West or China. ONE Defense COMPANY with each country with 20% share (or 16.66% share if Qatar is including). Start with making Small arms & ammunition and then start with other projects including Armored Vehicles, Tanks, Naval defense (Missile boats, Corvette, Frigate and Destroyer), fighter and trainer, Unmanned aerial vehicle, Aeronautics and Space
I don't think so. Except Turkey and Malaysia even Pakistan don't have the balls to make this solution work. After one phone call our PM cancelled his visit to Malaysia. This kind of joint defence industry means a new alliance is in progress. This could work between 2 countries but including multiple countries means you are asking for trouble. What happened to Saudi made united force? Its in effective cause each Muslim country have issue with every third country. There are no ground rules established for this kind of alliances where every one have to compromise. As far I see Turkey, they have a mind of their own they don't even compromise even if its for their best friend country.
Let the private companies give free hand to develope things and only ask them when they are going to start production for local population or get orders for export.

Problem is that the military establishment want total control even on private defence sector. So if you are thinking of doing something they should know and the project need to be under their observation. So they only allow those who agree with their terms. In other countries corporate secrets are never revealed but here we have a mindset that do it our way otherwise pack your stuff.

This reminds me one of my recent post which was instantly deleted from this forum where I said DG ISPR shouldn't have issued statement in response to Indian media. We have to broaden our minds. We need to think out of box. That means some times you have to take it from others perspective. Other might have something which you might have not thought.
So back to private defence industry. i think before making prototype instead of issuing NOC to companies, the companies should sign consent for safety and other regulations. After successful prototype trials then govt need to issue NOC for local manufacturing or for export.

Of course.

And they still haven't learnt how to use dual nationals properly (hint: learn from the Mossad) --- as if Pakistani nationals haven't sold enough secrets!

Back
Top Bottom