What's new

Pakistan not getting to play at home is unfair: Misbah

Langda Tyaagi

Reaction score
Karachi: Starved of international cricket on home turf, Pakistan's Test and one-day captain Misbah-ul-Haq said it is unfair to deprive his team of a chance to compete in front of their own fans due to the lingering security concerns of international sides.
"We are a big Test-playing country and it is not fair for us as well as for the other Test-playing countries and world cricket that we are not getting to stage international cricket," Misbah said

"It is the responsibility of the cricket boards and their respective governments to come out with policies and ensure how teams can visit Pakistan in the future," he told the Gulf News newspaper.
No Test-playing nation has visited Pakistan since March 2009 when terrorists attacked the Sri Lankan team in Lahore killing six Pakistani policemen and a van driver and wounding some of the visiting players.
Since then, Pakistan has been forced to host its 'home series' on neutral venues such as Sri Lanka and the United Arab Emirates. The 38-year-old Misbah said Pakistan's last-four finish at the World Twenty20 in Sri Lanka showed that the team was doing well in difficult conditions and rising to the challenge despite not playing international cricket in front of home fans.
"It is a big dilemma and it is time the cricketing world comes together to push for international cricket in Pakistan," he added. Misbah also commended the idea of hosting the Pakistan Premier League and said it is a very important step which would aid the development of the game.
"The PPL will help in developing the temperament and skills of players. It will also throw up some new talent. The exposure the players will get will help them acquire professionalism. It is very important for Pakistan to go for it," Misbah said.
Misbah's plea comes a few days after Australian umpire Simon Taufel called for international cricket to return to Pakistan.
Pak not getting to play at home is unfair: Misbah : Cricketnext

Even West India 'A' now has refused to travel to Pakistan for their series instead offered for tournament to be held in UAE due to security reasons. If boards are not ready to send even junior teams to Pakistan then how can PCB convince major sides to visit them.

He should answer this - Who is going to protect the players??

Even West India 'A' now has refused to travel to Pakistan for their series instead offered for tournament to be held in UAE due to security reasons.
What?? Even juniors dont want to go there???? I think Pakistan should forget hosting cricket for some time.

Misbah also commended the idea of hosting the Pakistan Premier League and said it is a very important step which would aid the development of the game.
Man, I dont understand what to comment on this one lol

Next best place to watch cricket after India, i miss the Indo-pak test series at home and in pakistan...... within these 2-3 years of isolation of most matches btwn India n pak has resulted a set back for the game itself. we had/have best chances to equall all records or better with pak.

Next best place to watch cricket after India, i miss the Indo-pak test series at home and in pakistan...... within these 2-3 years of isolation of most matches btwn India n pak has resulted a set back for the game itself. we had/have best chances to equall all records or better with pak.

I also like Indo Pak match in pakistan. Lets hope Pakistan fix its issue and We will play there again...

Chhota Mooh badi baat: If my beloved Pakistani brother don't mind, shall I propose something????

India has experience of fighting terrorism, If Pakistan want, we Indian can provide some support. I wish Pakistan Army start joint operation against all terrorists...

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom