What's new

Pakistan Navy - Exocet SM-39/AM-39 launch against ship

blain2

ADVISORS
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Pretty good demo (in the times of Adm Shahid Mirza) by the Agosta 90B launching a SM-39 and then an Atlantique launching AM-39. Both direct hits against a decommissioned ship.

Last edited by a moderator:
Pretty good demo (in the times of Adm Shahid Mirza) by the Agosta 90B launching a SM-39 and then an Atlantique launching AM-39. Both direct hits against a decommissioned ship.

[url="
- Exocet Missile -Pakistan Test Fire Anti ship missile[/url]

Good show. Will definately give the US and Indian Navy brass something to chew on. Blain just two questions

1. Does the video show the second missile hit ?

2. Did the ship sink or was then sunk by gunfire ?

Regards

Good show. Will definately give the US and Indian Navy brass something to chew on. Blain just two questions

1. Does the video show the second missile hit ?

2. Did the ship sink or was then sunk by gunfire ?

Regards

Another video showed the second hit. Not sure about your second question.

Another video showed the second hit. Not sure about your second question.

I meant did the ship sink after the two missile hits or did they then sink it with the ships (who were participating in the exercise) guns. This is what is done in the RN.

Regards

I meant did the ship sink after the two missile hits or did they then sink it with the ships (who were participating in the exercise) guns. This is what is done in the RN.

Regards

They usually do the same (allow gunnery practice as well), however I really am not sure what became of the frigate in question.

[url="
- Exocet Missile -Pakistan Test Fire Anti ship missile[/url]

blain2 - my navy source was part of this excercise.

If this ship was a real cruiser or something it would be full of missiles and shells and would likely blow up. If not the entire thing, most of the crew would be dead and the vessel effectively decommissioned.

I havent seen in years Navy putting up a show like this. Now i may have missed something back then but at a time if navy actually tests something, should it be considered in accordance with what is happening all around Pakistan or perhaps just another routine test.

I wonder when would we see Babur being fired from the Agosta90b?

Awsom vid. How many of these does Pakistan have in its arsenal?

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom