What's new

Pakistan defence forum- Annual meeting 2019-20

Sounds like a great idea. Perhaps a series of articles and discussions or maybe have every prominent member giving their thoughts. I mean some form of organisation of the plan would be nice because otherwise it'll just become a clash of ideas like most things on the internet become.

Well to enhance productivity/ usefulness of the forum & to enhance quality of discussion we need another "How" section for members continuous brainstorming on important topics.

[emoji830] How to Improve Pakistan Economy?

[emoji830] How to Improve Pakistan Justice System?

[emoji830] How to Improve Pakistan Internal Security?

[emoji830] How to Improve Pakistan ties with rest of the world?

[emoji830] How to Improve Rule of Law & Protect Human Rights across Pakistan?

[emoji830] How to achieve cordial civil military relationship narrative ?

[emoji830] How to Improve Political & Democratic stability?

[emoji830] How to Improve Military strength?

[emoji830] How to Improve Education System of Pakistan?

[emoji830] How to Improve Heath System of Pakistan?

& So on

There are many solution oriented questions those require continuous brainstorming of the intellectuals. We need to shift focus of debate from criticism to solutions based constructive dialogue. A dedicated 'How' Forum can create space for the constructive dialogue & brainstorming.

I support this too, I've been thinking of having like an Astronomy sub-forums too maybe these two can be combined here. Great idea.
No bloody way. Just a subforum of Pakistan's Space Program is needed otherwise it'll be drowned under Indian space program if Indians are allowed.

Maybe next century.

We did that before back in '13. We even met some veterans back then. So this can happen again. I'll organize it again. Will keep you posted.
Oh its online, I thought you invite us to some Coffee shop with cupcakes :D

@Slav Defence My suggestion for PDF is we need a dedicated/separate Section of Pakistan Army in UN peace keeping missions .

For new members Opening threads should be limited ..

there should be instant Permanent ban of People who accuse any Ethnicity in Pakistan for been traitors or Ghaddars , or talk about going back to India . Specially recently Urdu speaking people are becoming targets for members who live outside Pakistan but divide Pakistan on Racial lines .

Sounds like a great idea. Perhaps a series of articles and discussions or maybe have every prominent member giving their thoughts. I mean some form of organisation of the plan would be nice because otherwise it'll just become a clash of ideas like most things on the internet become.

I support this too, I've been thinking of having like an Astronomy sub-forums too maybe these two can be combined here. Great idea.

We did that before back in '13. We even met some veterans back then. So this can happen again. I'll organize it again. Will keep you posted.

Thank you so much @jaibi , they deserve it . Fighting for your country and people is one thing, but fighting and dying for Global peace is something a whole different level.

People are free to use Roman Urdu in private messaging and socializing sites but on a forum like this it shouldn't be encouraged, due to two main reasons.

i. Irregular spellings are used in it making it hard to read.

ii. It is nonstandard way of writing as the language has it's own standardized script.

So definitely it affects the quality of the board. Management should make a policy to stop the use of Roman Urdu.

The challenges:

There are challenges but copying a solution from somewhere else and pasting it here is not the right way. We need local solutions. Like we have developed JF-17, a local version of jet fighter. We need to developed our own things in other fields as well. For example we can developed Pakistani version of polio vaccine.

Anything that we bring from outside comes with a 'kill switch'. If we are seeking solutions our first aim should be self reliance.

The forum is absolutely failing in controlling religious hate speech.

It is detrimental for the forum as this will become the new norm.

I would like to reiterate a clamp down on such members as a bigger service to forum than targeting genuine political sentiments.

Also please someone explain to me the meaning of Trolling and Post of No Value in legal terms so i can better myself in 2020.

Thanks

I think more original content will help... people from different parts of the world who have their own Twitter handles or youtube(not fan based) content creator and experts should be offered a pdf handle as well likewise with teachers, veterans and columnists. If you would like to be opinion makers than in depth and quality discussions are direly need ... these are the forums where exchange of ideas occurs and not in personal bubbles on most other social media.

Last edited:
Pdf should start publishing a defence magazine monthly. You have a lot of data and almost all updates. Chances of subscribers are domestic and international.

@Slav Defence @WebMaster @Horus

My suggestion is the Special Section under which Seniors Cafe category is made, it takes a lot of vertical space and the section is hardly used alot, Please remove the complete section and move the Senior Cafe category to World Affairs Forum or with Members Club. This will allow everyone to safe alot of vertical maneuvering space.

Back
Top Bottom