What's new

Pak P-3 Orion vs India P-8I

Status
Not open for further replies.
Even the prime customer USN's order is yet to be fulfilled and likely timeline for delivery to them is 2013 IMHO....

I know, think its a ploy by USA, to try to please India, by making them the 1st nation to have it. If reports are true, it will be delivered this year.

So far we have 2-3 P3, which ofcourse is an edge on the Indian Navy but not enough.

When India will get P8 [cant get before 2015, Standard P8 will be intriduced in 2013, P8I will be in 2015 and the time of maufacturing and delivery & training of P8I to Indin Navy would take 2-3 more years.....overall IN will get them opertional after 2018], ofcurse they will get edge in quality and quantity both.

Indian Navy has got 8 Tu-142 and 5 Ilyushin Il-38. You talk like P-8I is the first ever anti submarine warfare to be inducted in the Indian Navy:lol:

1184007.jpg

1631132.jpg

So far we have 2-3 P3, which ofcourse is an edge on the Indian Navy but not enough.

When India will get P8 [cant get before 2015, Standard P8 will be intriduced in 2013, P8I will be in 2015 and the time of maufacturing and delivery & training of P8I to Indin Navy would take 2-3 more years.....overall IN will get them opertional after 2018], ofcurse they will get edge in quality and quantity both.

But we have enough time ........8 years long period

---------- Post added at 05:12 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:09 AM ----------

Naval versions will be launched from Submarines and Frigates for land targets not sea targets.

The first IN P-8I is to fly by the end of THIS month (Sept '11) and deliveries WILL commence 1st quarter of 2013 with all 8 (first batch) deliveries being made BY 2015. The technicians/pilots will all be fully trained and experienced with the P-8I from day 1 (2013) as the IN has commissioned state of the art simulators for pilots and crew and IN teams are set to commence training in US VERY soon.

Even the prime customer USN's order is yet to be fulfilled and likely timeline for delivery to them is 2013 IMHO....

As per the legally binding contract the IN will receive their P-8Is at the same time as USN receives theirs and IN's P-8s have already begun manufacturing. The USN plans to buy 200+ P-8s so of what you're saying is right (IN won't receive their P-8s till after all USN contract is fulfilled) then the IN will be waiting till at least 2022-which they are NOT. Boeing added this speedy delivery as a "sweetener" to help clinch the deal.

Indian Navy has got 8 Tu-142 and 5 Ilyushin Il-38. You talk like P-8I is the first ever anti submarine warfare to be inducted in the Indian Navy:lol:

1184007.jpg

1631132.jpg

good one! he thinks he's the only one to have maritime patrol aircraft!!! hahah!!!!

those aircraft (Tu-142 & Il-38SD) are truely awesome planes! i wish we buy more of these...rumor was we're
buying up to 10 more Tu-142s, is it true?

:smitten::smitten::yahoo::yahoo:

good one! he thinks he's the only one to have maritime patrol aircraft!!! hahah!!!!

those aircraft (Tu-142 & Il-38SD) are truely awesome planes! i wish we buy more of these...rumor was we're
buying up to 10 more Tu-142s, is it true?

:smitten::smitten::yahoo::yahoo:

So, you dig up an inactive thread dating back to 09-06-2011 to hurrah the fact that India has these planes (which are in fact the planes the P-8I will complement and eventually replace)

The Indian Navy operates eight Tu-142 aircraft. The aircraft was inducted into service in the year 1988. Upgrading of the aircraft are taking place, which helps to extend the service life of the aircraft by sixteen years. One the upgraded aircraft has been handed over to the Indian Navy. The aircraft operates from INS Rajali and INS Hansa. Two Tu-142 aircraft are being fitted with the air launched version of the Brahmos. The aircraft will be the test platform for the Brahmos cruise missiles. The integration and tests of the missile is expected to be completed by 2010. The eight aircraft will be fitted with the Brahmos cruise missiles.
P-8I Neptune: New Delhi and Boeing have inked a lucrative, $2.1 billion contract for the delivery of 12 P-8I Neptune sub hunters. The new aircraft will replace a fleet of Russian-manufactured Tupolev-142M planes. P-8I varies from the P-8A. The Magnetic anomaly detector (MAD) has been kept intact while an aft-mounted radar provides 360 degree aerial radar surveillance capability. The aircraft is being readied for debut flight
Indian Naval Air Arm - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
See also bharat-rakshak on Tupolev-Tu142m

India received three ex-Soviet Naval Aviation Il-38s in 1977, with two more arriving in 1983. Indian modifications included fitting pylons to the fuselage side to carry the Sea Eagle Anti-ship missile
The Il-38s of the Indian Navy have been sent back to Russia for upgrades. They will incorporate the new Sea Dragon avionic suite, incorporating a new radar, a Forward looking infrared (FLIR) turret under the nose and an electronic intelligence (ELINT) system housed in a box-like structure mounted on struts above the forward fuselage.[4] Three aircraft have been delivered to the Indian Navy. The new version is designated Il-38 SD.

There are reports of efforts towards adding the capability to fire the Indo-Russian Brahmos cruise missile from this aircraft. Mockups have been displayed with air-launched Brahmos attached to underwing pylons on the Indian Navy aircraft.
Ilyushin Il-38 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
See also bharat-rakshak on Illyushin-Il38

(hoping the references aren't considered against forum guidelines...)

Lets not Forget Chinese platform that is under development
Y-8GX6+four-engine+turboprop+anti-submarine+and+maritime+surveillance+aircraft+Chinese+P-3C+People%2527s+Liberation+Army+Navy+%2528PLA+export+pakitan+naval+mines+t+torpedoes+Active+passive+Sonob+%25282%2529.jpg

Back to Discussion

AMARCP3OrionROWG.jpg

Pakistan has 8 P3Orions , which can carry Anti Submarine weapons

Also it is slower (Which is not bad thing as it allows to encircle a suspected Zone MUCH better ) as you know Submarines don't move very fast , the speed for the plane is ideal for Naval operations - It just realized this , when noticing why USA has 130 P3C onions in its inventory

Initially I was skeptic why its a propeller based plane why is it in service and then it MADE SENSE
and I laughed at the simplicity .. and realized , why this plane is such a great asset to not only target Ships but also Submarines

It can carry missiles that can be ANTI SHIP
It can carry weapons that can take out Submarines

That is its intended role

We have 8 of these wonderful planes these are more then enough for out needs and we got

Breguet Atlantic 2 of these extra babies
m02011041900006.jpg

Posiden vs P3 Orion is

smith%2Band%2Bwesson%2B500.jpg

vs
P8110007.jpg

If you put them against the head they will damage anyone ... as they both carry the same arms

But lets not count out
Navy-640x480.jpg

Best response against Posiden fleet is
40 J11 for Pakistan Navy
20060802113857363.jpg

i would also not forget that the IN will have close to 100 fighter planes too mate. not to mention the overall number of 500 aircrafts in the Navy:)

Best response against Posiden fleet is
40 J11 for Pakistan Navy

But Where is the Money!!

---------- Post added at 10:10 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:08 AM ----------

i would also not forget that the IN will have close to 100 fighter planes too mate. not to mention the overall number of 500 aircrafts in the Navy:)

You forgot to mention IAF support to "The Navy"

Mr Penguin it wont die as Our Pakistani Friends believe Chinese support will come and the issue will become fare and square!!!

its like comparing windows 98 with windows XP (i wont say vista or 7..I hate them!)....both are awesome OS and developed by the same company....

Pak P-3 Orion vs India P-8I.

Is a useless thread as India's P-8I have everything that pakistani P-3 orion have and then loaded with the state of art next generation systems, technology and futuristic designs.

P3 ORION is called "The Hunter" for a reason

It earned the title due to its "Success and efficiency"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom